Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/8/11 to 1/14/11)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#421 Lightning War

Lightning War

Baller on a Budget

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:11 AM

Yeah. I know somebody on SD mentioned getting God Of War 3, some $14.99 game(possibly a used game on sale for $14.99?) and 2 higher priced games for the cost of GOW3 and the $15 game.

Cashiers have been instructed to always ring up the the highest prices games first to "prevent the customer from receiving the higher priced games in error. Improper procedure may make this occur."

Just throwing that one out there.

#422 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:15 AM

Cashiers have been instructed to always ring up the the highest prices games first to "prevent the customer from receiving the higher priced games in error. Improper procedure may make this occur."

How would the cashier know which are the higher priced games unless they did a re-ring?

#423 Lightning War

Lightning War

Baller on a Budget

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:17 AM

How would the cashier know which are the higher priced games unless they did a re-ring?

Used games have a giant yellow sticker on the front with pricing, which usually is accurate at least at my store.

#424 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:25 AM

Used games have a giant yellow sticker on the front with pricing, which usually is accurate at least at my store.

They aren't at mine. I bought 3 $5 games and 1 $8 game and they were all marked $17.99.

#425 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:32 AM

There's nothing they can do if the customer is still holding onto the higher priced games and looking at the back of the cases.:razz: But thanks for telling me how the glitch is supposed to work, even though I already knew it and tried it a day or two ago.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#426 Lightning War

Lightning War

Baller on a Budget

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:51 AM

There's nothing they can do if the customer is still holding onto the higher priced games and looking at the back of the cases.:razz: But thanks for telling me how the glitch is supposed to work, even though I already knew it and tried it a day or two ago.;)

"Sir I can't do this until you hand those over." Not that most employees give enough of a Fuck to follow procedure or even read the fact you're supposed to do it that way.

Also, I'm not telling you how it's supposed to work, I'm just telling you what employees were told regarding the situation.

Portal 2 i thought was a shooter

#427 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

Just ordered the ultimate Cheap Ass Combo for $9.70 with tax
All :360:

Alone in the Dark
Crackdown 2
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rainbow Six Vegas

They also have Darksiders for :360: back in stock for shipping ($4.99!)
Posted Image

#428 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

I'm tempted to go fro Best Buy's "Buy 2 Get 2 Free" on used titles...but the dilemma is that I really want R.U.S.E. for PS3, which is an overpriced $24.99 used (my local BB has one copy)...so I'd need to find 3 other titles around that priced that actually make it worth spending the extra money...

#429 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

"Sir I can't do this until you hand those over." Not that most employees give enough of a Fuck to follow procedure or even read the fact you're supposed to do it that way.

Also, I'm not telling you how it's supposed to work, I'm just telling you what employees were told regarding the situation.

Obviously they did fix the issue in the system before this sale started then, since I tried on Monday in the afternoon sometime to get it to work and again yesterday to no avail as I mentioned above.

So unless it's some sort of weird combination of games priced at different levels or whatever, then I'm gonna believe there is no glitch this time.:cry: Although the employee at my closest store yesterday verifying there IS a glitch kinda says otherwise.:-#

Posted Image

#430 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Received my 4 games I ordered on Sunday. All have the artwork but I need to open them up to see if the manuals are included. Very happy :) Hopefully the games I ordered on Tuesday arrive in the same condition.

Edit: All 4 came with the cases which were in pristine condition. The discs were also completely scratch free.

I was really surprised how nice the Motorstorm was considering it is a 5 year old game.

#431 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

Ordered these all 360:

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts $7.99
Madden 09 $4.99 (getting for achievements)
Rainbow Six Vegas $4.99
Pirates of the Caribbean $4.99

Also had a $5 rewardszone certificate so basially got all 4 for $7.99 :)

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#432 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

Just ordered the ultimate Cheap Ass Combo for $9.70 with tax
All :360:

Alone in the Dark
Crackdown 2
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rainbow Six Vegas

They also have Darksiders for :360: back in stock for shipping ($4.99!)

Darksiders isnt available for Shipping again. :/

I already own it though. :P

rm8ylt.gif

#433 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

I got my games,
Tekken 6
Skate 3
Fallout New Vegas
Alan Wake
They were all pristine except Tekken 6 doesn't have a Manuel :(
Oh well, its a hell of a lot better than my Gamestop online orders.

#434 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

Finally broke down and got 4 of the $4.99 games. Went with
Dragons Age Origins-PS3
Enslaved-360
Fable 2
College Hoops 2k8-PS3-Best college hoops game ever. Already have it for 360 but worth having on both systems.
Not sure any of these will get anytime other than my backlog but it was to hard to pass up for 10 bucks.

#435 whats_the_word

whats_the_word

That Broad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

Have enough games already..but I picked up the logitech G930 @ Best Buy..Dope so far, loving the uninterrupted wireless.

#436 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:22 AM

Man the stickers over the UPC's of these games are a bitch to get off.

#437 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

Just got an email from best buy saying Pirates of the Caribbean is backordered. (sigh)

rm8ylt.gif

#438 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

Man the stickers over the UPC's of these games are a bitch to get off.

It all depends on how old the games are that you're ordering. If they're fairly recent titles, then you should have very few issues getting them off since they haven't been on there for long.

But if it's something like the games that have sat at the store for 3-6 months without being bought and the glue on them has had a chance to dry/harden, then I could definitely see some issues there.

If anything, just peel the sticker up slowly after getting a corner started, then use the sticker once you get it off to remove the remainder of the glue residue from the package. Just re-stick and re-peel it and it should work to take the residue right off.

Posted Image

#439 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

3 out 4 used games today were complete (7 out of 8 total). Only the copy of PURE was in a generic case. Most likely since it came as a double pack. 8 games for $24.55 is a pretty nice haul even for some mediocre games.

#440 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

It all depends on how old the games are that you're ordering. If they're fairly recent titles, then you should have very few issues getting them off since they haven't been on there for long.

But if it's something like the games that have sat at the store for 3-6 months without being bought and the glue on them has had a chance to dry/harden, then I could definitely see some issues there.

If anything, just peel the sticker up slowly after getting a corner started, then use the sticker once you get it off to remove the remainder of the glue residue from the package. Just re-stick and re-peel it and it should work to take the residue right off.

Hair dryer technique!!!

#441 madcap

madcap

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

I ordered eight games and they all came in today. Here's the breakdown:

Like New condition w/ manuals and cases:
Dead Island [360]
Uncharted 3 [PS3]
Batman Arkham City [PS3]
Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box [DS]

Original case but no manual:
Little Big Planet 2 [PS3]
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia [DS]

Generic cases:
You Don't Know Jack [360]
Aliens: Infestation [DS]

I am a little disappointed that more of these weren't complete, but at least the discs look great. I might try to do an in-store exchange for the generic games. We'll see.

#442 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

man still havent recieve shit, streamlite sucks their tracking numbers dont even work
Posted Image

#443 krazzi

krazzi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

ended up getting
splatterhouse ps3
deadly premonition 360
the sly collection ps3
spider man shatter demension ps3

record of agarest wars 360
fable 3 360
killzone 3
castlevania LoS ps3

all for 100~
Posted Image

#444 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

Debating one more order if I can find 4 games in the $7.99-$12.99 range that are in stock. Anybody see anything good comeback in stock?

#445 Paddle104

Paddle104

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

I wish I lived near a Best Buy. I haven't been able to get 4 games I want available for shipping at the same time.

#446 Taint

Taint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

I couldn't have had a worse experience with Best Buy.Ordered 4 games for $80 using gift cards and Best Buy said the order didn't generate in the system.Customer service won't do anything and now I have some gift cards with $0.00 balance.

#447 Rod92905

Rod92905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

OP needs to be fixed to reflect that the sale at Kmart for Skylanders is only for the Wii version.

#448 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:08 AM

Got my first order delivered today. Out of 4 games, 2 came in generic cases, and only 1 had a manual. Kinda bummed about that, but not the worst thing ever. The 2 that came with original cases were in really good shape though.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#449 Rod92905

Rod92905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:12 AM

I know Kmartgamer says that all versions of Skylanders started set are 49.99, but the kmart flyer says it's only the Wii version. Anyone have any luck with the other versions in store?

Yeah. It is clearly only the Wii version that Kmart is selling for $49.99. I still gave it a shot and went to Walmart and tried to have them pricematch. The girl looked at the Kmart add for a while and eventually was ok with it. With the $27 gift card for a return of one of my kids Christmas gifts, I got them the 3DS version for $28. Oh, take $20 off that cause I already got the extra Stealth Elf sold....I feel good about this one.

#450 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:26 AM

Thanks to CheapyD and Christmas giftcards I was able to score the following for $4 out of pocket and have games shipped to store from BB Buy 2 Get 2:

- Rango $12.99 ($11.69 w/ Game Rewards Card)
- MorphX $12.99 ($11.69 w/ Game Rewards Card)
- Crash Time $12.99 ($0.00 after promo)
- Samurai Showdown Sen $12.99 ($0.00 after promo)
- Sacred $7.99 (this is what cost me the cash out of pocket; $7.19 w/ Game Rewards Card)

I know they're not the greatest titles, but I'm a fan of all games and you can't beat that many games for that price. My family would have only scored me 1-2 titles if they were to buy me actual games instead of Giftcards.
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us