Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/8/11 to 1/14/11)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#451 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

Gotta rant:

I called a Best Buy about 80 minutes away from me and found pre-owned games Skyrim (360) and Saints Row The Third (360), so I had them hold the games. Then, I went to the store, found two more pre-owned games, Gears 3 and LittleBigPlanet 2. After that, I went to the Customer Service counter to pick up the two other games being held for me. 20-25 minutes later, they started ringing me up. This is where the REAL fun begins.

I'm a recent @Gamers Club Unlocked member [I get the magazine, etc]. There is a 10% off pre-owned games benefit, which is supposed to be stackable with the Buy 2, Get 2 Free promotion. The idiots at this particular store absolutely would not honor the 10% off. I provided four receipts showing them four other stores where this was honored. I requested the district manager's number, which was refused. I even showed the general manager of the store where it says Gamers Club members get 10% off pre-owned titles. He said that is a promotion and that two promotions can't stack. He absolutely would not hear my argument that the 10% off is a member benefit, not a promotion. There's little point in being a Gamers Club member if the standard 10% off pre-owned games doesn't apply for sales.

It's also ridiculous that the Gamer Club coupons won't stack with deals. It all comes out the same anyhow if buyers do separate transactions. You were better off buying Gears 3 via the coupon than through the B2G2 since the coupon was for $20 off vs. buying 4 games at 45 each, which comes out to about $21 per game (assuming you get the 10% off at least).

I'm pissed off that the deal wasn't honored, and that they wasted so much of my time, so I gave them a nasty survey review and I'll be contacting the rude manager's district manager about it. I shall have my 10% off honored! And then I'll make sure that manager knows that I got my way.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#452 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

Has anyone returned any games from the pre-owned B2G2 sale? Is it possible to return 1 that is the free 0.00, or is it an all or nothing catch?

Not happy that one of the PSP games arrived in a generic box with no manual. Wording in the description still says it comes in the original box.

Also a different order from the previous 20% off had the same issue with one of the games being packed generically and I was thinking about returning that too, but again I have no real world experience on how they'd handle it.

Please share if you've returned one of these combo deals and how BB calculates things. I don't think I'll be ordering used games online anymore. :(

Thanks.

#453 krazzi

krazzi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

Ordered 8 games. Had 7 fully complete and one was generic w/o manual... Not bad.

There was a huge scratch that made Killzone 3 unplayable ;{

Edited by krazzi, 19 January 2012 - 08:32 AM.

Posted Image

#454 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

Did pretty well. I ordered 8 games. Out of those 8, 4 of them came complete. The other 4 well that was a different story... Overall I'm happy with what I got.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg