Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/8/11 to 1/14/11)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#31 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

I plan on using this promo to pick up DS/PSP/PS2 stuff moreso than current gen games. Seems like a good chance to stock up on some for cheap.

#32 masterchief2291

masterchief2291

CAGiversary!

• Trading Ban

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

B2G2 is a great deal but BB's selection is so limited.

this is unfortunately the case with my local BBY. they dont even have used Wii/DS/3DS sections. they only have a small shelf reserved for PS3/360 but its almost always empty and when they do have games, its stuff noone wants anymore like call of duty 2 or rock band 1

#33 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

If you purchase online you're guaranteed to get the original case though right? At least that's what it says in the descriptions..

#34 Ramandur

Ramandur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

All I've ever bought used was Gears 3 (with the $20 off coupon:D). The disk was perfect, like new. Original case in good shape but no manual. I assume Gears comes with a manual. I know some don't these days like NCAA 12.

Don't think gears really had one. Just a piece of paper

#35 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

I'm going to try my crysis 2 and gears 3 coupons in that b2g2 free deal so I can make a flip to gs.

Oh and guys, I just posted the third part of my blog about this co worker that I like. I encourage you guys to read it. if you haven't been keeping track of the story the links to the first two parts are in it as well :)
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#36 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

I could get down with the B2G2 online deal....but will the free shipping continue? Might make or break the deal.

Free shipping is listed as a feature for purchasing preowned games on the BB website. Free Shipping is included :)
Posted Image

#37 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

If you purchase online you're guaranteed to get the original case though right? At least that's what it says in the descriptions..

I ordered a preowned gt5 and at the time the guarantee was also listed and they sent me a generic case thanks to the morons that prefer to trade disc only. Interestingly enough, they changed the completeness guarantee for that title when I had received it. So it will be YMMV.

#38 Skulles

Skulles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

I ordered a preowned gt5 and at the time the guarantee was also listed and they sent me a generic case thanks to the morons that prefer to trade disc only. Interestingly enough, they changed the completeness guarantee for that title when I had received it. So it will be YMMV.

Ive ordered 4 preowned games online before. 2 ps2 games came complete and 2 xbox games came in a generic black case.

#39 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

The B2G2 on preowned games looks enticing, but are the prices in-store the same as on their website? In stores, all the games are labeled $17.99 and I've seen some of them cheaper on their site.

#40 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

OMG, is this for real? B2G2F!!! I want to grab some PSP classics...

hopefully it comes with original box and art works. It seems a lot of good preowned from BBY these days are coming from their warehouses now.

#41 skin21rip

skin21rip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

The B2G2 on preowned games looks enticing, but are the prices in-store the same as on their website? In stores, all the games are labeled $17.99 and I've seen some of them cheaper on their site.

My store ha crackdown 2 lister 17.99 rang up 4.99 same dead island listed 44.99 rang 24.99

#42 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Really want to do this, but if they do send out generic cases even with the guarantee, I might have to pass.

#43 Os Money

Os Money

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

so this will or wont work with the Gamer mag coupons? i was trying to snag gears 3 up and will if i can use the coupon with this. Also is this in store and online or just in store?

#44 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

There's a relatively rare game in stock at my local Best Buy, but I'm not sure if I want to wait until next week's B2G2 promo or pick up the game today. If I wait I risk somebody else picking it up, but if I buy it today I will have to spend more than necessary.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#45 Os Money

Os Money

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

buy it today, dont open it, do a return and rebuy next week. problem solved

#46 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hoping I can score some good games.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#47 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

Holy shit. B2G2? That's CRAZY. If only there were four games I wanted.

#48 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Holy shit. B2G2? That's CRAZY. If only there were four games I wanted.

This is my problem also. I don't think I could find 4 games for this sale.

#49 Flappycack

Flappycack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Too bad the 3DS games on sale are so crappy. Even paying $10 for Asphalt is a rip since I have it on my iPad for 99 cents. and the other deals aren't really deals at all.

Someone forgot to tell me the iPad was 3D :(

#50 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

You could also go to some different BB stores, purchase and return to your most local store and purchase them next week. Move stock around as needed. Or you could also do the same thing next week. Purchase a couple at one store and then return/rebuy to finish finding the 4 you are looking at. I really hope that they get Arkham city and skyrim in stock at BB before this sale.

#51 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

I just stopped by BB to checkout their USED game selection, but was somewhat disappointed when I saw that the USED game that I was wanting to pick up was in a generic case (no artwork) so I passed.

If its still available next week I'll definitely pick it up, but I would be crazy to pay full price for it right now.

I was actually surprised to see just how many games came with generic artwork though.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#52 Bathory

Bathory

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the ad post.

Posted Image

#53 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

I was actually surprised to see just how many games came with generic artwork though.

This is the main reason why I rarely buy used games. I'll probably check my local Best Buys next week to see if they have any gems though.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

Hmm...gonna hunt for the Budget games to use the B2G2.

#55 zemzero

zemzero

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

I bought two used games with in-store pickup. They come in on the 8th, think I'll be able to use those games in the B2G2 and pick up two more games?

#56 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

Since this is a sale, it should stack with the @gamer coupons, correct? The coupons are:

COD:BO - $15 off preowned
GOW 3 - $20 off preowned
Crysis 2 - $20 off preowned
$10 off any pre-owned $29.99 and above.

Deals to be had I say....

#57 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

Although I really don't need any more games, I might just have to check out BB this Sunday to see what kind of deals can be had on some cheap pre-owned games. I'm not a huge fan of the selection though and the prices are usually too high to make any kind of B1G1 sale worth it.
Posted Image

#58 Ramandur

Ramandur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

Since this is a sale, it should stack with the @gamer coupons, correct? The coupons are:

COD:BO - $15 off preowned
GOW 3 - $20 off preowned
Crysis 2 - $20 off preowned
$10 off any pre-owned $29.99 and above.

Deals to be had I say....

Will not work without override. By multiple deals don't work with coupons

#59 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

Debating if I should get Zelda OoT 3DS, Star Fox 64 3DS, Cave Story and one more game... seems like that would be a decent deal. End up being about 18-19 bucks a game.

#60 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

Will not work without override. By multiple deals don't work with coupons

Yeah, I suppose they don't work with regular b2g1 because of the whole "package" thing.