Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/8/11 to 1/14/11)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#61 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

How do I get the buy 2 get 2 deal to work on their website? It's not working.

#62 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

How do I get the buy 2 get 2 deal to work on their website? It's not working.

it's not 1/8 yet...and this might not be online anyway

#63 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

it's not 1/8 yet...and this might not be online anyway

Lol. My bad. I read the date wrong.

#64 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

waiting for the deal and hopefully is also an online deal.
Posted Image

#65 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:38 AM

Just a heads up, dont believe the stickered price on used games, the stickers usually arent updated instore that often so just have it scanned to be sure

#66 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:18 AM

One of the BB stores by me has a couple of the dot Hack games for PS2 in stock used, though I don't remember which ones offhand.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#67 crunchynugget

crunchynugget

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

the question is will the jack up the prices on the b2g2?

#68 crunchynugget

crunchynugget

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

I just got finished reading this thread.. If you live in a large metro area you have a much better shot at game selection. I just bought some games at the buy 2 get one free online. Overall I've bought about 10 games or so from them..quality has never been an issue although only one came in the dreaded black case of nothing but it was cheap so I didn't care (kind of)..Also I ordered some to my po box and I did return them no problem. They wrap them so I don't think they care...I like the idea of just not picking up games you order than the reimburse you. I wonder if you could order a bunch of games then not pick them up get reimbursed then they restock them at the store later? Or could you just return them and re buy them with the promo? Confusing...

#69 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

Looks like I'm taking the southern route to get to my mom's Sunday. :razz:

Definitely in for Super Mario Land 3D. I was about to pay full price the other day admittedly, so I think with it going on sale, I can wait a few more days. Will have to check out the B2G2, especially as I'm trying to build up my DS library.

card.png

#70 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

I was about to pay full price the other day admittedly

Admittedly? You're admitting to supporting the developers 100%? Not everyone has to be a cheap ass. Buying games at full price ensures more games from said developer get made.

#71 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

Admittedly? You're admitting to supporting the developers 100%? Not everyone has to be a cheap ass. Buying games at full price ensures more games from said developer get made.

When some of these developers release buggy crap and call it a finished game you have to wonder if supporting them is really warranted. Don't get me wrong. Nowadays they can just patch the hell out of the games till they work halfway decent, but until they get patched some games are nearly unplayable.:-#

Posted Image

#72 Dx13K41n092

Dx13K41n092

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

anyone think this would be possible?
Buy 2 games now get 20% off, I wanted black ops so Ill take it to have it price adjusted when it gets here.
Then go next week to get another "adjustment" of 2 free games
lol
or what do you think would be the best deal to go for?

#73 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Definitely in for Super Mario Land 3D. I was about to pay full price the other day admittedly, so I think with it going on sale, I can wait a few more days. Will have to check out the B2G2, especially as I'm trying to build up my DS library.

I don't see anywhere that SML 3D is going to be on sale...$39.99 is the MSRP.

I believe he was talking about buying the game new, just at a sale price, so the developers would still get theirs; so don't freak out too much. Although, I believe he is incorrect in thinking that $39.99 is a 'sale' price.

#74 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

sml3d is msrp on the ad

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#75 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up, OP. This is great timing for those who got systems for x-mas.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those nights I stay up til the wee hours only to pass out, wake up a few hours later and everything is OoS. Also, it'd be nice if I didn't get cockblocked by flippers as I actually want to keep the games I'm scouting. That's not a knock on flippers at all; I flip too :)

#76 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

That's why I plan on going in store Sunday if at all possible.;) If for no other reason, then at least I can grab the complete copies of stuff and not get stuck with generic cases ala Gamestop.:razz:

Posted Image

#77 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

B2G2F you say?! glad i didn't fret too much on 12/31 bout not using my b2g1f coupon. woot. now hoping this stacks w 10%off first, or even $10 off over $30? idk but hoping they still have ninja gaiden sigma 2 at my store, and i guess 3 other games, lol.
was thinking of maybe a 2nd driver for co op?

also they don't have the easy return/switch that gamestop has for preowned. it's you open it, buy it, it's yours to keep.
it sucks cuz i hate being stuck with preowned games that don't work. you can't even exchange for same product.
i got a game with generic case, no manual, no cover, just disk and stuck with it. oh wellz.
im hoping i get the preowned games that i traded in, lol, ya know, 80% of which were completely new.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#78 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

How is it that a person manages to lose the original game case, artwork, and manual in the first place?:-s On top of that the game is in shit condition most the time (ala gamestop). It just doesn't make sense...

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#79 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:51 AM

Let's say I order online and a few of them come incomplete.
Can I still go to a Best Buy store, return them, and switch those out with the copies they have there?

#80 Garfield

Garfield

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:54 AM

anyone think this would be possible?
Buy 2 games now get 20% off, I wanted black ops so Ill take it to have it price adjusted when it gets here.
Then go next week to get another "adjustment" of 2 free games
lol
or what do you think would be the best deal to go for?

I doubt it. When you take something back for adjustment, only the current promo will be applied.
For example, I bought Zelda 3DS bundle for $179 on Black Friday. The following week, Best Buy had a buy 3DS, get a $50 gift card promo. I took my 3DS back for adjustment, and the girl had to ring it up at $199 (regular price during the gift card promo week) in order for me to get the $50 gc. Still not a bad deal to pay extra $20 for a $50 gc.

I wonder if the 20% off pre-owned will still be valid next week, because then 20% stack with B2G2 would be a great deal. Pretty interesting with all the BB pre-owned deals for the last couple weeks (Buy 3 get 30% off, Buy 2 get 20% off, B2G1, and the upcoming B2G2).

BTW, does anyone know what's the return policy for pre-owned games at BB? I may do a return/rebuy with the 3 games I got during the Buy 3 get 30% deal.

#81 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

B2G2F you say?! glad i didn't fret too much on 12/31 bout not using my b2g1f coupon. woot. now hoping this stacks w 10%off first, or even $10 off over $30? idk but hoping they still have ninja gaiden sigma 2 at my store, and i guess 3 other games, lol.
was thinking of maybe a 2nd driver for co op?

also they don't have the easy return/switch that gamestop has for preowned. it's you open it, buy it, it's yours to keep.
it sucks cuz i hate being stuck with preowned games that don't work. you can't even exchange for same product.
i got a game with generic case, no manual, no cover, just disk and stuck with it. oh wellz.
im hoping i get the preowned games that i traded in, lol, ya know, 80% of which were completely new.

So you know, I have Driver San Fran as well. That was one of my WalMart(PMing Gamestop's ad) Black Friday purchases.:D I played maybe 3-4 hours of it and put it in the backlog.:cry::-#

Posted Image

#82 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:22 AM

nope, you can't do that. i wish. i got ninja gaiden sigma 2 online with some deal through them preowned, but it came diskonly...
i went to store to see if i could return/rebuy/exchange because they have a complete version instore, but they said it's the same software returns rules, i.e. if you opened it you can't return it... i was like can i exchange it, and they were like... ummm no.
ymmv tho?
i havent touched driver, but i heard it was really good. i just got done with therun, so it can't be worse. (lol the run wasn't all bad, i really liked some scenes)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#83 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:40 AM

i havent touched driver, but i heard it was really good. i just got done with therun, so it can't be worse. (lol the run wasn't all bad, i really liked some scenes)

The whole shifting thing is kinda weird but the premise behind it is explained/shown early in the game. That was the thing that kinda turned me off playing anymore of the game for right now. But if it can be played co-op with another player I'd be down to do that.

However, I really don't see myself finishing the game completely. Now Saint's Row 3 on the other hand....I may actually go for the platinum trophy on that one since I'm trying to 100% everything in the game. First time in ever I actually kinda care about any trophies in a game....and probably the LAST too.:razz:

Of course, with them releasing at least three DLC packs for it that means the game won't truly be 100% done till at least the end of this year.:-#

Posted Image

#84 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:04 AM

nope, you can't do that. i wish. i got ninja gaiden sigma 2 online with some deal through them preowned, but it came diskonly...
i went to store to see if i could return/rebuy/exchange because they have a complete version instore, but they said it's the same software returns rules, i.e. if you opened it you can't return it... i was like can i exchange it, and they were like... ummm no.
ymmv tho?

I don't know if its YMMV about that or if its a completely different scenario, but my sister lives in corpus christi, texas and she had just bought MW3 opened it tried to play it and it would give disc unreadable thing and I told her to return it and get another copy and they didn't give her a hassle about it, maybe if you take the game and tell them it didn't work they will let you get the other copy?

#85 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

sml3d is msrp on the ad

:oops:

Didn't even realize that until just now and was kind of wondering how many people may have caught my mistake. Granted, I just got a 3DS for Christmas (my first DS and my first portable system in years), so I admit I'm not used to games actually releasing at a $40 price point.

card.png

#86 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

I have crysis 2 and gears 3 already so i guess this b2g2 free is the best way for me to use the coupons for both games
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#87 fueledbytrueman

fueledbytrueman

Throw some D's on it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

I hope my local BB gets it's used games restocked for the sale next week (or this will apply to online orders). Scoped it out today and it was embarrassing. The best thing they had was Dead Island in a generic BB box.

#88 luxuria

luxuria

Don't Forget Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Really hope this is online as well. There are a couple of games I'm interested in buying. Sadly, the used games section at my local BBY really suck. D:

#89 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

FYI: For those that want games like Black Ops, Crysis 2 and/or some other random pre-owned game $29.99 or higher you're likely gonna be better off going in THIS week to grab them if you have the @Gamer coupons.

Why? Because there's a $15 off BLOPS coupon that SHOULD stack with the ongoing 20% off two or more pre-owned games(and possibly the 10% for being in the Gamer's Club Unlocked), thus making a copy of BLOPS super cheap. Same type of dealie applies to Crysis 2. Even better if they apply the 30% off from the 2 or more sale and 10% GCU discount off the original prices.

Posted Image

#90 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

Hmmm...I wonder if there's a good combinations of 4 games that I currently have I could trade in for the 50% extra TIV then rebuy next week to make out pretty good?

Time to load the TIV page and look for some combos.