Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/8/11 to 1/14/11)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#91 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

FYI: For those that want games like Black Ops, Crysis 2 and/or some other random pre-owned game $29.99 or higher you're likely gonna be better off going in THIS week to grab them if you have the @Gamer coupons.

Why? Because there's a $15 off BLOPS coupon that SHOULD stack with the ongoing 20% off two or more pre-owned games(and possibly the 10% for being in the Gamer's Club Unlocked), thus making a copy of BLOPS super cheap. Same type of dealie applies to Crysis 2. Even better if they apply the 30% off from the 2 or more sale and 10% GCU discount off the original prices.

I hope this works. I'd love to get BLOPS on the super cheap ($40 is nuts!) as well as Gears 3. Last I heard though the coupons didn't stack with the 20%...

Then theres the problem that my BB doesn't have jack in pre owned but tons of the same 5 titles.

#92 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:38 AM

Kirby, Zelda, smash bros are a long shot

#93 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:50 AM

FYI: For those that want games like Black Ops, Crysis 2 and/or some other random pre-owned game $29.99 or higher you're likely gonna be better off going in THIS week to grab them if you have the @Gamer coupons.

Why? Because there's a $15 off BLOPS coupon that SHOULD stack with the ongoing 20% off two or more pre-owned games(and possibly the 10% for being in the Gamer's Club Unlocked), thus making a copy of BLOPS super cheap. Same type of dealie applies to Crysis 2. Even better if they apply the 30% off from the 2 or more sale and 10% GCU discount off the original prices.

20% and @gamer coupons don't stack, tried it the first day. They may have fixed this but I'm sure we'd know by now

#94 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

Hmmm...I wonder if there's a good combinations of 4 games that I currently have I could trade in for the 50% extra TIV then rebuy next week to make out pretty good?

Time to load the TIV page and look for some combos.

Pretty sure trade ins get shipped out. Don't expect your games to be waiting for you next week

#95 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

Pretty sure trade ins get shipped out. Don't expect your games to be waiting for you next week

I was told by my seemingly knowledgeable no BS gaming manager that traded in games sit in the back for a month (to make sure they weren't stolen) before being shipped to a warehouse, and then shipped to Best Buys all around the county.
Also, fyi, I traded in Skyward Sword and Kirby's return to dream land about 6 weeks ago, so hopefully some lucky CAG finds those.

#96 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:38 AM

20% and @gamer coupons don't stack, tried it the first day. They may have fixed this but I'm sure we'd know by now

So then it's the same deal as the Gamer's Club Unlocked welcome packet coupons. Oh well. Unfortunately next week is bad too since there's that B2G2 which will invalidate the @Gamer coupons again.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#97 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:13 AM

BB's used games do not come complete w/ original case and manual.

2 games I've ordered were complete and 3 other used games I have ordered were not complete.

#98 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:19 AM

I wouldn't expect to get my same copies back just the same titles if I can find a store with decent stock. I don't think it would work out though. If you trade 4 newish games (UC3, MW3 etc) and buy 4 newer games I think the best you could come out is like $18 ahead. A lot of trouble for a low return and the risk of not getting what you want.

#99 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:08 AM

I've had good luck getting USED games complete from Best Buy, although I've only ordered 2 USED games online, the rest I've bought in store. Probably around 8-10 games total over the past year.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#100 badhazard

badhazard

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

BB's used games do not come complete w/ original case and manual.

2 games I've ordered were complete and 3 other used games I have ordered were not complete.

I can confirm. I bought like 20 games pre owned online. 6 of the games were disc only. and the rest came complete. so beware guys. at stores seems like they all have cases

#101 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

I've had good luck getting USED games complete from Best Buy, although I've only ordered 2 USED games online, the rest I've bought in store. Probably around 8-10 games total over the past year.

Do USED games come with extra caps lock keys?

:P

#102 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

If I buy a 3DS later today, would I be able to go in this Sunday and get the gift card if I show them the receipt?

They should do that. You might have to return and re-buy, at least on paper, but they should honor it.
Posted Image

#103 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Have 2 used games sitting in my cart, even though now theres a 20% off bonus, Im going to wait until sunday and hopefully get 2 free :)

#104 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Thinking about getting Dead Island, Deus Ex, Dark Souls, Warhammer Space Marine. Total should be about $80..
Any other 360 games I should be on the lookout for? I know I missed out on a lot of big ones this year, besides Skyrim.

#105 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

Thinking about getting Dead Island, Deus Ex, Dark Souls, Warhammer Space Marine. Total should be about $80..
Any other 360 games I should be on the lookout for? I know I missed out on a lot of big ones this year, besides Skyrim.

FYI: You just missed getting Warhammer for $10 after an @Gamer magazine coupon that expired on the 31st of December.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#106 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, I saw it but I don't really have a Bestbuy close around here or a subscription to the mag. I was kind of just using that game as a filler since I couldn't think of a 4th game to add.

#107 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

FYI: You just missed getting Warhammer for $10 after an @Gamer magazine coupon that expired on the 31st of December.:-#

LOL his sig. shows the frustration of a CAG when we miss out on the "IT" deal.

#108 mbergh22

mbergh22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

I hope the B2G2F is online as well because I got my cart ready for the games I want!

#109 fableflav

fableflav

Movie Review Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

will the b2g2 work online?

#110 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

The only video game deal in the Target ad:

:360: 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect, Kinect Adventures, Just Dance 3 and Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Tracker $299.99

#111 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

Pretty weak, Target... pretty weak. Thanks for sharing OP, always appreciated!

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#112 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for sharing, OP. Nothing for me.

#113 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Yes, it will work online. Link here.

630736.png

#114 keine

keine

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

OK deal, but I think I shall pass.

#115 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

better off getting the 250GB holiday bundle w/Reach + fable for the same price & score kinect cheaper down the road if you really want it. Plus with all the Kinect 2.0 rumors either get the reg. kinect once the price drops or just get the newer version from the start.
http://www.pcrichard...odelNo=r9g00048

#116 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

So I clicked the link and it doesn't say anything about when the promotion starts. Just looking at the link you would think it was live. Weird.

#117 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

Target blows. Have 200 dollars worth of gift cards I have been trying to spend and they just aren't making it easy. Might just have to spend them on things personal hygiene products like razors and whatnot . I honestly have no clue what else Target even has thats worthwhile. Too bad they dont sell Amazon gift cards like Toys'R'Us.

#118 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

Target blows. Too bad they dont sell Amazon gift cards like Toys'R'Us.

Target does sell Amazon cards. Pick up Kindle Cards, $25 or 50. Right next to the kindles. I agree that their video game pricing is wack recently.

#119 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Target blows. Have 200 dollars worth of gift cards I have been trying to spend and they just aren't making it easy. Might just have to spend them on things personal hygiene products like razors and whatnot . I honestly have no clue what else Target even has thats worthwhile. Too bad they dont sell Amazon gift cards like Toys'R'Us.

they sell pre-paid visa's

#120 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

they sell pre-paid visa's

Don't those cost an extra 4-5 bucks to activate, though? My best advice, if you have $200 in Target cards, buy 4 $50 Kindle cards, and call it a day. Money just goes further at Amazon, especially if you're on the no tax/shipping train.