Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/8/11 to 1/14/11)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#241 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

can i use @gamer coupons for this?

#242 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'll have to look for some oldies too. Wouldn't mind adding watchmen to the collection

Picked up some older cheapies:

Conan PS3
Watchmen: The End is Nigh PS3
Parappa the Rapper PSP
Final Fantasy Tactics PSP

All for $19.06 shipped. Less then $5 a game can't complain too much (unles the PS3 games don't include the real case, that would bum me out a bit).

#243 Ramandur

Ramandur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

can i use @gamer coupons for this?

No

#244 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

How do you know?

#245 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Whatever ... Dead Island goes from 24.99 to 44.99? Whatever best buy....

Seriously, what the Fuck, was waiting to get it for the g/f along with left 4 dead 2 so she could get her a couple more games to play.

#246 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Fyi watchmen is supposedly awful.

#247 fueledbytrueman

fueledbytrueman

Throw some D's on it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Was able to snag Skyrim for PS3 before it went oos. Hopefully it's not super buggy for me. Wanted the 360 version but no stock online or anywhere near me.

#248 hskr121

hskr121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

Will any of these get back in stock later this week? I'm looking at PS3 games but I can't choose on 4 because some I want aren't in stock.

#249 fueledbytrueman

fueledbytrueman

Throw some D's on it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

Will any of these get back in stock later this week? I'm looking at PS3 games but I can't choose on 4 because some I want aren't in stock.

If it's anything like last week, yes. Games I was watching were going in and out of stock.

#250 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

$210 in credit yet every game I want is "unavailable", awesome.

#251 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Fyi watchmen is supposedly awful.

It is repetitive, but a decent enough brawler, especially if you can get it cheap. If you get lucky you may even get the version that comes with the actual movie with it.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#252 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

No word yet from East Coasters about if the B2G2 is glitched?

#253 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

why are you guys doing in store? A lot of games are available for shipping too.

#254 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

No word yet from East Coasters about if the B2G2 is glitched?

Best bet is just to go in store yourself and try various combinations, since I know the last time they had either the B2G1 on used or new titles it WAS glitched but no one bothered to report it.:roll:

why are you guys doing in store? A lot of games are available for shipping too.

Because at least in store you can pick/choose to see if you're getting the original case/artwork/manual versus with the site where you might get sent junk with nothing but the disc/cart. Plus by buying in store you could at least make an immediate return if the disc/cart doesn't work and get a different copy of the game(or a swap out for another title if they're outta the one you returned).

Posted Image

#255 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

Because at least in store you can pick/choose to see if you're getting the original case/artwork/manual versus with the site where you might get sent junk with nothing but the disc/cart. Plus by buying in store you could at least make an immediate return if the disc/cart doesn't work and get a different copy of the game(or a swap out for another title if they're outta the one you returned).

This is true, but my gamers club unlocked 10% never works in store with the b2g1 (or presumably this b2g2) sales. :roll:

#256 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Ohh I didn't realize the pre owned games from best buy are that bad. This is the first time I am buying pre owned games from them. Hopefully the games I ordered are okay.

#257 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

Best bet is just to go in store yourself and try various combinations, since I know the last time they had either the B2G1 on used or new titles it WAS glitched but no one bothered to report it.:roll:

Thanks yeah that's what I was thinking too. Good thing my friends working, so I can try a bunch of different combinations and see what/if anything works. Ill let you guys know what happens but it won't be for another hour, since I'm on the west coast.

#258 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

Yeah bb is seriously dropping the ball. Too many that let you add to cart but no store pick up or shipping options. Wtf? And apparently they're too dumb to differentiate between goty/complete editions and vanilla editions on some titles (red dead and la noire).
At least a semi-fail.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#259 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

For those complaining about Dead Island it was pretty clear it was on SALE last week. It was marked down $20...just like there are games on sale this week. Dark Souls was on sale for $10 cheaper 2 weeks ago.

#260 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

I would also like to point out a huge reason why BBY has so many games w/o artwork and cases is this site. The number of people who have flipped games but kept artwork and manuals just because they can is astounding. We have noone to blame but ourselves. Put crap in...get crap out.

#261 kingrock

kingrock

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

Purchased instore Little Rock, Arkansas this morning...
Gears of War 3
Infamous 2
Killzone 3
Dungeon Siege 3
I had an $80 gift card.
Paid $1.53 cash for four games.
Word up to Best Buy.

#262 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

Yeah bb is seriously dropping the ball. Too many that let you add to cart but no store pick up or shipping options. Wtf? And apparently they're too dumb to differentiate between goty/complete editions and vanilla editions on some titles (red dead and la noire).
At least a semi-fail.

That could work in your favor though if the GOTY/Complete edition is sent out instead of the vanilla edition, since then you're getting the extra content for the same price as the normal one.

Although if you for some reason just wanted the vanilla edition you missed out on the $7.99 sale they had a few weeks ago for the pre-owned copies.

Purchased instore Little Rock, Arkansas this morning...
Gears of War 3
Infamous 2
Killzone 3
Dungeon Siege 3
I had an $80 gift card.
Paid $1.53 cash for four games.
Word up to Best Buy.

FYI: You coulda got Dungeon Siege III new for I think $15 soon after it came out with the one @Gamer coupon and there's a $20 off pre-owned Gears Of War 3 coupon in the @Gamer magazine this month, which makes the final cost for that under $20.;)

Posted Image

#263 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

I would also like to point out a huge reason why BBY has so many games w/o artwork and cases is this site. The number of people who have flipped games but kept artwork and manuals just because they can is astounding. We have noone to blame but ourselves. Put crap in...get crap out.

For those complaining about Dead Island it was pretty clear it was on SALE last week. It was marked down $20...just like there are games on sale this week. Dark Souls was on sale for $10 cheaper 2 weeks ago.

This & This.

1.) Yea I was bummed to see Dead Island go back up, but I knew there was a 90% chance it was going to. So it wasn't a big deal to me.

2.) I used to be one of those people who kept the artwork, then I realized that I would complain when I didn't get complete games... kinda hypocritical!

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#264 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

I think the only games I've traded in disc/cart only have been Black Ops(didn't wanna give them the steelbook cases from the Prestige Editions) and Transformers: Dark Of The Moon for DS since those DS games didn't even come with cases in the oversized packaging.:roll:

Although with BLOPS I did trade them in in a standard PS3 game case and I did toss in the manual from each of the steelbooks, so I didn't just come in with a CD binder and pull the games out of sleeves from it.:razz:

Posted Image

#265 Jaymoney8518

Jaymoney8518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Just nail'd my local best buy (Burbank, IL). and picked up the following:

Catherine PS3 (Sealed)
Uncharted 3 (sealed)
Arkham City 360 (sealed)
Dark Souls 360 (sealed)
Dead Island PS3 x3 (2 sealed, 1 looks resealed)
Dead Island LE PS3 (sealed)

Total - $196 after tax for 8 games.
All games have been claimed already

#266 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

I think the only games I've traded in disc/cart only have been Black Ops(didn't wanna give them the steelbook cases from the Prestige Editions) and Transformers: Dark Of The Moon for DS since those DS games didn't even come with cases in the oversized packaging.:roll:

Although with BLOPS I did trade them in in a standard PS3 game case and I did toss in the manual from each of the steelbooks, so I didn't just come in with a CD binder and pull the games out of sleeves from it.:razz:

Yeah a few games here and there are fine. I am not railing against flipping either...I made plenty at BBY during the height of the TIV. When some people found out you only needed the disc to get full value it was like a free pass to horde artwork for no reason other than they could. I traded multiple copies of certain games and it would have been a crap thing to keep 8 copies of Bulletstorm or Star Wars:FUII just because I could...no reason to do it. I think I woke up in a bad mood today so I guess I am venting at the first thing I read today :cry:

#267 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Yeah a few games here and there are fine. I am not railing against flipping either...I made plenty at BBY during the height of the TIV. When some people found out you only needed the disc to get full value it was like a free pass to horde artwork for no reason other than they could. I traded multiple copies of certain games and it would have been a crap thing to keep 8 copies of Bulletstorm or Star Wars:FUII just because I could...no reason to do it. I think I woke up in a bad mood today so I guess I am venting at the first thing I read today :cry:

Actually some of those folks probably did keep them to resell the cases n codes from some of the games on eBay to make extra money. Some of the DLC codes that came with some of the bigger titles were still getting a bit, so might as well keep those and the cases to sell to the typical Gamestop customers who get stuck with generic artworks n what not.;)

Posted Image

#268 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

So... my order had one backordered game and now I can't cancel the other 3 items in the order. I highly doubt they'll get this game in to fulfill the backorder, so I gave them a call about it. I asked if I could swap it out for something else, but no luck. They also couldn't manually cancel the order. So now I guess I'm only getting b2g1 with this order? I told them on the phone that this was almost a bait and switch. I might just return the games I get if they ever ship.

#269 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

quick! I need a 4th game to add, so far I want..

Dark Souls
Dead Island
Deus Ex
4th? Possibly Space marine? any tips on good releases this past year?
Willing to trade: RAGE steam key, Brink steam key, Dota2 keys, Metro 2033 steam key.
Want: Xbox stuff, WoW time, any other offers.

#270 fueledbytrueman

fueledbytrueman

Throw some D's on it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

You'll get the backordered game eventually. Games are traded in all the time and come in and out of stock on the website almost on a daily basis. Don't worry it'll come!