Photo
- - - - -

World of Warcraft Battle Chest + Wrath of the Lich King Expansion+1 month for $19.99

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

My .02.

WoW will save you money. I played for about 2 1/2 years, through the end of Vanilla, TBC, and a couple months of Lich King and during that time, a vast majority of my gaming time was spent running around as a Troll, killing shit. I played console stuff here and there but for $15 a month, I was given more content than I could ever deal with.

I was tempted to come back again for Cataclysm just to see how the original world changed and to try a Goblin but I've avoided it because I don't have the time.

It becomes a job eventually, but the initial climb to 60/70/whatever the level cap is now is very enjoyable.

Spoiler

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#32 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:08 AM

So, quick question. Will Lich King play without the Burning Crusades expansion? Is that one before or after? Don't want to pull the trigger if I'll have to buy another expansion pack to play LK.

EDIT: NVM, I just saw that the pack includes BC. Still, deal appears to be dead as Amazon no longer has the Battle Chest.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#33 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

So, quick question. Will Lich King play without the Burning Crusades expansion? Is that one before or after? Don't want to pull the trigger if I'll have to buy another expansion pack to play LK.

EDIT: NVM, I just saw that the pack includes BC. Still, deal appears to be dead as Amazon no longer has the Battle Chest.

No. BC is before WotLK.

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#34 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

I already got mine today...crazy fast for free super saver. Now the decision of when to start.

So it comes with 2 guest passes for StarCaraft and Warcraft. I would assume the Warcraft ones are worthless now that they have the free play to level 20? Or could I use them after I level up? I also do not see where the free month of play is in the box.

#35 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Really can't decide...

Someone convince me either way!!!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#36 CarltonBanks85

CarltonBanks85

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

It becomes a job eventually, but the initial climb to 60/70/whatever the level cap is now is very enjoyable.

I watch streams of people playing end game and it makes me want to play again. But then I think of all the time to level, running instances to get gear, lvling my prof, doing daily quests over and over to raise reputation with factions so I can buy something that will increase my stats. It does turn into a job. After awhile you no longer want to grind rep, but you feel as though you have to.
Level 1-60 is fun. Once you hit Burning Crusade, it gets so dull.

#37 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

Really can't decide...

Someone convince me either way!!!

I have not played it yet but I figure you can buy it now and hold off until you are ready to put the time in. Lich King costs $22-30 on it owns normally so you are getting it free which allows you to level until 80. To me that is a lot of game for almost no upfront cost.

#38 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

I watch streams of people playing end game and it makes me want to play again. But then I think of all the time to level, running instances to get gear, lvling my prof, doing daily quests over and over to raise reputation with factions so I can buy something that will increase my stats. It does turn into a job. After awhile you no longer want to grind rep, but you feel as though you have to.
Level 1-60 is fun. Once you hit Burning Crusade, it gets so dull.

To me personally, I got used to it. I been a WoW player off and on for a little over 4 years now and it really only becomes a job if you want it to. I stopped playing WoW because I hated the direction they are going with WoW (not really expansion wise, but more so how they completely Fuck up talent trees, abilities and such so the game almost babies you now if you have any skill).

I should go back get my character to 85 but I lost all motivation.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#39 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

I already got mine today...crazy fast for free super saver. Now the decision of when to start.

So it comes with 2 guest passes for StarCaraft and Warcraft. I would assume the Warcraft ones are worthless now that they have the free play to level 20? Or could I use them after I level up? I also do not see where the free month of play is in the box.

After you create your account and use your CD key that should automatically give you a free month. So essentially don't create a WoW account until you are ready to play.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#40 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

After you create your account and use your CD key that should automatically give you a free month. So essentially don't create a WoW account until you are ready to play.

I think he is asking if he can use a guest pass for himself to delay using the 1 month access to extend his membership.

#41 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:43 AM

I think he is asking if he can use a guest pass for himself to delay using the 1 month access to extend his membership.

Well I was kind of asking both. I hope when I use the free starter kit that I downloaded (want to level a few character to 20 before paying) that it will just convert it to a paid account when I try to install from disk.

Since it is basically free to start now I was just wondering if the free 10 day passes even work anymore. Meaning could I enter them in after playing to level 20 on the free account and then use the 10 days to level even more before getting the free month from registering the CD key.