143 replies to this topic

#1 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

http://www.businessw...g-pensions.html

From Business Week:
Hostess in a statement today blamed the latest bankruptcy on a weak economy and costs tied to pension- and medical-benefit obligations. The Irving, Texas-based baker intends to withdraw from pension plans and modify collective-bargaining agreements with unions, according to court documents.

What will happen to the Twinkies?!

It seems these days everybody's blaming worker pensions, even though it's also obviously financial mismanagement. I'd like to see the real reasons on how Hostess got itself into a nearly billion dollar hole.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#2 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

if every junk food company would go bankrupt america would be better off

#3 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

That would be a dream.

Posted Image

#4 iamsobroke

iamsobroke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

That would be a dream.

Yeah only if your anorexic! Who in the world does not love a delicious Ding Dong, Cup Cakes, or Twinkies every so often...

#5 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

Yeah only if your anorexic! Who in the world does not love a delicious Ding Dong, Cup Cakes, or Twinkies every so often...

People who want to live long and healthy lives and look as good as possible!

I rarely eat any junk food. When I do have something unhealthy I'd rather it be a beer or some pizza or a burger etc. than junk food snacks. Never cared much for sweets, potato chips etc.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#6 jello44

jello44

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

Tastykakes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hostes

#7 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

2nd'ed

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#8 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

3rded.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#9 VANDALHEART

VANDALHEART

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

This is true. Now if you're a fat Fuck who can't control him/herself and eats like a swine bastard, then yes, there's a problem with your choices. This applies to everything though, not just Hostess stuffs mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm damn

#10 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:51 PM

if every junk food company would go bankrupt america would be better off

How so? Wouldn't America be better off if everyone could intake unhealthy food in moderation rather than cut it off from everyone altogether?
Posted Image

#11 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

How so? Wouldn't America be better off if everyone could intake unhealthy food in moderation rather than cut it off from everyone altogether?

That would work too. Either is acceptable, now make it happen.

#12 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:56 AM

hostess stuff sucks even those chocolate cupcakes taste like oily processed shit but for the life of me i never got the appeal of twinkies they are the nastiest of the processed cakes. now little debbie thats a quality cake those freakin apple dumplings , the zebra cakes and the lovely classic oatmeal creme cookie are the freakin shit.

#13 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:04 AM

I know this is kinda funny because it cupcakes but this shit is beyond brutal. If you are like me and you own a business constantly hearing how billion dollar business keep going under will Fuck with your mind.

#14 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

Because it isn't working? Everyone is fat in this country

#15 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

...we're at the point now where we have shitty junk food elitists?
Posted Image

#16 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:07 AM

Because it isn't working? Everyone is fat in this country

I'm all for lettin' the fattys be fattys.. we humans tend to Fuck up natural selection, why not introduce an element that brings it back to a more even level?
Posted Image

#17 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

hopefully a comet slamming in the side of this earth does that buncha scumbags humans are

#18 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

if every junk food company would go bankrupt america would be healthier

Fix'd!

#19 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Oh man, Tallahassee is gonna be pissed.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#20 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:35 AM

Hostess said its going to be "business like normal" and that they will "still make Twinkies".

A lot of fat CAGs just smiled right now after reading this post.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#21 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

hostess stuff sucks even those chocolate cupcakes taste like oily processed shit but for the life of me i never got the appeal of twinkies they are the nastiest of the processed cakes. now little debbie thats a quality cake those freakin apple dumplings , the zebra cakes and the lovely classic oatmeal creme cookie are the freakin shit.

You forgot Nutty Bars! But yes, I agree, Zebra Cakes, Oatmeal Creme Cookies, and Nutty Bars are better than Twinkies, which I haven't been able to stomach since before I finished high school.

#22 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

I freeze Twinkies and dunk them in my coffee.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#23 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

You forgot Nutty Bars! But yes, I agree, Zebra Cakes, Oatmeal Creme Cookies, and Nutty Bars are better than Twinkies, which I haven't been able to stomach since before I finished high school.

definetly cant forget nutty bars. pulling them apart and eating one layer at a time.

#24 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

nutty bars, oh now thats the stuff. never liked hostess, always was a little debbie kid, and a tastykake kid when we lived out in PA
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#25 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:22 AM

I'd like to see the real reasons on how Hostess got itself into a nearly billion dollar hole.

I'd like to see how much creme filling it would take to fill that hole.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#26 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Yes! It's happening again. I really blame the management and their golden parachutes.
And they're closing. The employees get fucked, and the execs get off scot free.

Posted Image

#27 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Yes! It's happening again. I really blame the management and their golden parachutes.
And they're closing. The employees get fucked, and the execs get off scot free.

Honestly, both parties are to blame here. The unions were absolutely stupid to think they had a leg to stand on when Hostess was shutting down striking plants. The corporate raiders are also equally to blame as they've had misstep after misstep in managing the company itself.

Ultimately the management does win here, because they just released themselves from a 2 billion dollar pension liability.

#28 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Fuck the "junk food elitists" who will tell you their stuff was horrible anyway - if I can't drunkenly wander in to a Speedway or 7-11 and get one of those apple pie things at 3 am, this is a less satisfactory world we live in.
Posted Image

#29 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Yes all fast food companies in the US getting shut down would be amazing :roll:. Let us, of course, completely ignore the fact that millions of jobs would be lost. Who cares if people are fat? That is their problem, not yours. If they want to be fat let them. Its a free country. I personally enjoy being in shape, but that doesn't go for everyone. Lazy people will continue to be lazy regardless of what they eat. If KaneRobot wants to drunkly stumble into 7-11 at 3 am and get himself a snack, then by god, let him.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#30 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

#fat people problems
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs