CAGcast #266: The Incredible Holk

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:51 AM

Cheapy tells Wombat to buy an iPhone and Shipwreck faces the biggest challenge of his Jr. High coaching career.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 76 minutes, 46MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
http://www.netxtrack...ADID=476689

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Incredible Hulk Theme

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 12 January 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#2 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:11 AM

Nice, just in time for tomorrow's commute

#3 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:15 AM

downloaded!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#4 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

I'd do that audible thing but I bought a Nook in Dec, so yea I'm all words now and not listening ya know.

#5 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

Shipwreck: "I'm in bed . . . You don't even know what I'm playing my iPhone with."
Cheapy: "Oohh yeeaahh."

:lol:

Have you considered Netflix as a sponsor? I think that would work well for the CAGcast.

#6 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

Thanks guys,

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#7 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

Not sure why Google listen isn't picking this episode up.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#8 thakingrocka

thakingrocka

El Profesor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

For some reason, I can't download this to my iPod over wifi. I search for CAGcast and I get the episode list. The "free" button takes a while to fill in, and when it does, instead of allowing me to download, it keeps doing a streaming version using QT. I just updated my 3GS to iOS 5.0.1 last night. Other podcasts will download no problem, but I don't listen to other podcasts, only the CAGcast. Anyone else running into this problem?

Update: Weird. After trying three times, I typed this message. When I went back, it worked. "Get episode" finally came up when I clicked "free."

#9 Rapid4ire

Rapid4ire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

whoo hoo something to listen too!
[URL=http://exophase.com/gamercards/]Posted Image[/URL]

#10 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

Time to battle the Rooster Teeth people?

Batsugunner.png

#11 repete

repete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

yeah more cagcast
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

If it's that exciting watching fat guys buy old junk then there has to be a market for a video game reality show. Maybe it's collectors competing at flea markets. Maybe it's going through the whole convention process. It could be a couple of small companies getting their apps and downloadable games to market. Somewhere there is a show.

#13 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

Makes me laugh every time Cheapy makes semi-dirty jokes about Shippy's girls' basketball team and how uncomfortable Shippy gets.

Congrats on being #2 on iTunes. I don't listen to the Rooster Teeth podcasts. They make funny videos but I have no interest in their podcasts.

LOL, somehow I figured Shippy would choose the GI Joe movie before you asked my question.

Edited by LiK, 12 January 2012 - 05:30 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#14 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

So I should buy an apple tv so I don't have to turn on my "noisy" game system? So instead of spending 2 1/2 minutes to watch Netflix, I should go out and buy a $100 product to save a minute and a half or so.

And the interface is irrelevant when everything I want to see is currently in the instant que. I guess it'll take an extra 10 seconds to flip through that too.

#15 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

I don't get the praise for the Apple TV. Even if the noise from a game console is suddenly unbearable(this sounds like an infomercial-style exaggeration to me), there are a dozen other streaming boxes you could choose, that won't lock you down the way appleTV does.

i mean, i get the appeal of appletv for those who have invested a lot into itunes videos, but i don't understand why you'd do THAT either.

amazon vod generally has all the same content, the tv shows are usually $1 cheaper, and you can watch them on any device that has flash(plus MOST of the streaming boxes like roku, boxy, googleTV,etc)

it's been interesting hearing cheapy's gradual apple brainwashing over the past couple years though. suddenly game consoles are unbearably noisy and there's no value in playing fleshed out games with physical controls.

and :lol: @ cheapy judging android and knowing nothing about the platform or what's available for it

#16 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'm getting tired of the Apple shilling from CheapyD.Other than that great show.

#17 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

CheapyD you should start shilling another company's products, or cereal?

Anyway I would pay an extra $100 for a PS3 or Xbox built in the country. Sure we can bitch and moan about unions and American workmanship, but if having to pay a premium for something that can help our economy, I'm all for it. If we can continue to build cars and car parts here, why not more of our electronics.?

Batsugunner.png

#18 HansKaosu

HansKaosu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Google TV runs on special Android devices and you can use any android device as a remote.

You can download apps from the android market place on it and all that jazz.

I was thinking of buying one. I love Android. I own a galaxy tab 10.1.

Twitter: FuurinRei

#19 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

CheapyD you should start shilling another company's products, or cereal?

Anyway I would pay an extra $100 for a PS3 or Xbox built in the country. Sure we can bitch and moan about unions and American workmanship, but if having to pay a premium for something that can help our economy, I'm all for it. If we can continue to build cars and car parts here, why not more of our electronics.?

You might, but adding an extra $100 to the cost of the next Xbox would severely disadvantage Microsoft in the next-gen console battle even if that $100 covered the full cost of moving manufacturing to America (and I bet that it wouldn't be nearly enough).

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#20 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

If you have ever priced a product domestically vs china you realize how the US cannot possibly compete.

For instance I quoted 30,000 Tote Bags (domestic vs china). To produce them in the US would have cost about $13 each, where china was about $1.80 each. Obviously there is a higher shipping cost for the chinese product, but if you have the time you can cut that cost significantly.

With that said. . . i believe it would cost a hell of a lot more than $100 to produce them here.

#21 mowmow

mowmow

must..resist..collecting.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

I wonder if its possible for Cheapy to not talk about any Apple product the podcast.

9917.png

#22 basston3s

basston3s

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

Wombat, thank you for being the Everyman of the podcast. You are about the only one I relate to these days, and seem to represent those who are still cheap gamers looking for a deal.

#23 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

I just watched the Christmas special of He-man on Netflix... frankly, Tai is better off never knowing it exists.

Also, yeah, people may not have gotten everything they asked for from Best Buy, but they could have asked their CSRs for credit in full for the deals.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#24 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

OnLive coming to Vizio GoogleTv as an app.There you go.
http://ces.cnet.com/...support-onlive/

#25 butaneko

butaneko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

lol @ Wombat's "Apple cock to suck on in your sleep"

I thought Ship would have more love for G1 Transformers, being a G.I. Joe dork.

#26 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

I don't get the praise for the Apple TV. Even if the noise from a game console is suddenly unbearable(this sounds like an infomercial-style exaggeration to me), there are a dozen other streaming boxes you could choose, that won't lock you down the way appleTV does.

i mean, i get the appeal of appletv for those who have invested a lot into itunes videos, but i don't understand why you'd do THAT either.

amazon vod generally has all the same content, the tv shows are usually $1 cheaper, and you can watch them on any device that has flash(plus MOST of the streaming boxes like roku, boxy, googleTV,etc)

it's been interesting hearing cheapy's gradual apple brainwashing over the past couple years though. suddenly game consoles are unbearably noisy and there's no value in playing fleshed out games with physical controls.

and :lol: @ cheapy judging android and knowing nothing about the platform or what's available for it

Aren't you doing the same with AppleTV? But he's right, android sucks. Can't wait to dump my HTC and get an iPhone. Don't be a fool Wombat.

lotta whiners about Cheapy liking Apple. He likes what he likes. He has nothing but praise for Howard Stern too. So what? does it hurt you? - "whaaa, my FREE podcast I get weekly mentions Apple too much, whaa"

Edited by usickenme, 12 January 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#27 mada

mada

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

Cheapy, you are an Apple whore.

#28 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Wombat, follow up question to your "I'd pay extra for a U.S. made Xbox or iPad" sentiment. Do you have a foreign car or one built in America? I've heard people make this wish for U.S. made gadgets, then point out they drive a Toyota. There's a difference between what people will say what they'll do and what they'll actually do. [For the record I drive a Dodge made in Illinois.]

#29 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Wombat, follow up question to your "I'd pay extra for a U.S. made Xbox or iPad" sentiment. Do you have a foreign car or one built in America? I've heard people make this wish for U.S. made gadgets, then point out they drive a Toyota. There's a difference between what people will say what they'll do and what they'll actually do. [For the record I drive a Dodge made in Illinois.]

Good question that I didn't think about. But for the record I drive a Hyundai that believe was built in Alabama.

#30 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Wombat, you gotta buy an HTC Trophy Windows Phone on Verizon just to drive Cheapy nuts. The crazy rant after he finds out would be priceless comedy gold.

In all seriousness, good insight pointing out that you haven't bought so much content that's locked to the Apple ecosystem. Most people don't like being tied down to one system. I find it interesting that the Xbox 360 and the PS3 are slowly opening themselves up. At first you had just the Zune and PSN stores. Then they got Netflix. Now they both opened up to video services that aren't tied to a platform. The Vudu , app competes selling and renting videos. It wouldn't surprise anyone if they allowed UltraViolet or Amazon Instant Video in the future.