CAGcast #266: The Incredible Holk

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

Cheapy, just wanted to point out that Optimus Prime in the latest Transformers cartoon, Transformers: Prime, isn't a firetruck. He's his normal semi-trailer truck self.

#32 Hbomb5

Hbomb5

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

Good question that I didn't think about. But for the record I drive a Hyundai that believe was built in Alabama.

First, that in itself is weird. For example, of the for models in NASCAR, only the Toyota Camry is built and assembled entirely in the US.

Second, I totally think there needs to be more items made in the US. Unfortunately, the economic factors don't work out. Personally, I wonder if Mexico would be a viable alternative to China as far as manufacturing.

Oh, and I was listening to "Amie" while writing this post.
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Cheapy's chops, and hating on Jack White. (Blue Orchid sucks!)

Hblog- http://hbombgames.com
The Internet's newest home for gaming news, reviews, commentary, and community.

I am NOT on the glue!

#33 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

Is it bad that part of me bought Saints Row: The Third knowing that Cheapy D was going to be a downloadable homie? Seriously I had no interest in this game a few months ago and now I can't get enough of it. So much fun. I was interested to hear Cheapy's thoughts on the game but of course the talk got diverted to Skyrim. Maybe next week (when the Cheapy Homie DLC is released) we'll get to hear Cheapy's thoughts on the game and his character model.
Posted Image

#34 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:45 AM

By the way guys, as a new user to netflix I would love if you guys would recommend what you have been watching each week.

Also, Cheapy, please cool it. I love apple too, but Wombat is exactly right you need to stop sucking apple's, well you can guess where I am going with this. I have never had a problem with most of the stuff you say, as I do believe apple products are superior, but come on they have problems too.

-Written from my iMac

#35 VeritableHero

VeritableHero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

Ohio seems like a good location for a live show. I'm only 1.5 hours from Cincinnati... but we are getting 2" of snow today.

By the way, I've never in my life heard "Hulk" said incorrectly. That's living around people that say 'warsh' instead of wash and 'wal-marts' instead of Wal-mart. Odd.

#36 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

Wombat was really on fire this show, he has always been my favorite member of the crew but I really thought that he was on a role in this show.
Some examples
pointing out that you dont need an apple tv
also I really respect that he said he would pay an extra 100 for an american made xbox I am with him all the way.
and of course I always appreciate the peta bashing. As far as past episodes I always appreciate it that you do not chime in when cheapy glorifies pot smoking . I dont know if you partake or not but i do know kids listen to this show and the positive spin cheapy puts on drug use has always bothered me

#37 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

I wanted to say your logic for the 10 year cycle is off. Sony said 10 years on the PS2 and they delivered with new games for 10 years. Just because ps3 was out they didn't abandon support for ps2 that is like common knowledge guys.
Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#38 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:24 AM

"Apple cock" good one. You made me laugh sir. But I'm with Cheapy, once you take a bite of the apple, there ain't no going back.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#39 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

Please get a droid and a roku box just to piss Cheapy off. Also Jason Mewes (Jay & Silent Bob) can't say hulk either. He had a discussion once about who would win in a battle between hawkman and hulk and no one understood what he was saying.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#40 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Right with Wombat on paying more for a USA made Xbox. Sadly, this will never happen. Great show nonetheless!

#41 Kuromimi

Kuromimi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Great show guys! I would like to see a live CAGcast at PAX prime.
Posted Image

#42 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

Come on. You really think the Skylanders Figures sold out. You don't think they're intentionally holding them back to create a false demand. Sure it's popular beyond Activision's initial expectations but they can't take that long to produce. My guess is they're going to do a relaunch of sorts including new characters and expansion packs as well as expanding their advertisements/promotions.

#43 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

Come on. You really think the Skylanders Figures sold out. You don't think they're intentionally holding them back to create a false demand. Sure it's popular beyond Activision's initial expectations but they can't take that long to produce. My guess is they're going to do a relaunch of sorts including new characters and expansion packs as well as expanding their advertisements/promotions.

Never attribute to conspiracy what can be explained by incompetence.

#44 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

We already know there are more figures and expansion packs coming and it's been known since Day 1. Toys come in waves and Activision underestimated how many they needed to have on the market with the first two waves. The Skylanders figures are sold out. That's a fact and Activision and retailers are missing out on more profits because no one can buy them while they are hot.

I'd actually say once Activision realized the sell-through rates were so high it was near impossible for them to ramp up production. It's not like the manufacturing facilities can just flip a switch and *poof* more Skylanders are on store shelves. These factories have carefully planned out schedules so that they don't have a lot of downtime. The manufacturing plants were more than likely already ramping up to produce the new figures that are scheduled to come out this month.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#45 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:03 AM

I'm getting tired of the Apple shilling from CheapyD.Other than that great show.

Me too. It's already made me block the twitter section of the site(which is sad, because I like seeing Wombat's and Shipwreck's tweets), and it's starting to ruin the cagcast for me as well. Comparing everything to an iPhone, and blasting nearly everything without an Apple logo is really starting to get pretty annoying... And I like Apple!

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#46 PigheadedBobobo

PigheadedBobobo

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:15 AM

I have to agree with Wombat, no one but Cheapy and ship use Apple TV. I have never seen anyone who has one and the only reason Cheapy loves it is because he is a huge Apple fanboy. Also why the hell would you want to play ios games on your tv when you could playing better games saints row and skyrim. i hope you dont still think iphone games are better for kids than 3DS.

Edited by PigheadedBobobo, 14 January 2012 - 04:44 AM.

#47 Tsiawd

Tsiawd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:37 AM

Wombat!! Glad you got Rayman Origins. That game is really good, fun and actually hard and frustrating at times. Fill us in on how you are doing with it? I also think Shipwreck and Mrs. Shipwreck would have a fun time playing it together Co-op! I only think Shipwreck would have the patience of getting all the teeth and maybe unlocking all the skins. Also Wombat... forget the Iphone they get something new! Checkout the Galaxy S2, nexus or anything that besides the iphone. They are fine but the screens are soo Terribly small i cant even stand to look at them anymore.

#48 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

The Chinese term for Hulk is 浩克, but you can pronounce it "Hirokazu."

Batsugunner.png

#49 Joda84

Joda84

EXTERMINATE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

Please get a droid and a roku box just to piss Cheapy off. Also Jason Mewes (Jay & Silent Bob) can't say hulk either. He had a discussion once about who would win in a battle between hawkman and hulk and no one understood what he was saying.

HTC EVO 4G
Roku LT

:applause::applause:

But looking through the icons, I see there is an Apple one but no Android/Google... Am I just blind or do I sense bias?

#50 davucini

davucini

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

i gonna feel real sad for Tai when apple comes out with iChild

#51 Duck in a Pond

Duck in a Pond

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

Great show as always guys!

#52 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

Loved this episode. Was fucking dying at Wombat's "Mutumbo Goode" lmao

And I saw you guys up there on the podcast charts, awesome stuff. I know I've turned a handful of people onto the show within the last month or so (not that they're solely responsible for the chart placement but, ya know).

#53 spid

spid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

Wombat is correct Apple Tv is a ripoff. There are half a dozen better media streamers on the market right now.

#54 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

Wombat is correct Apple Tv is a ripoff. There are half a dozen better media streamers on the market right now.

... that don't integrate as nicely with all my media that I have on my MacBook Pro, iPad, MacBook, iPhone and my wife's iMac and iPhone. It's a preference thing, but at $99 the Apple TV is not a ripoff.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#55 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

Listened to the rooster teeth after cheapy mentioned them. Really funny stuff.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#56 Majin Stan

Majin Stan

You have a little CAG left on your face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:01 AM

Great CAGcast!
Big Thanks to Wombat on his parenting advice! I went out and got Skylanders, and now my son is putty in my hands. The only problem is, I too am hooked. And the two of us spent all of yesterday driving around the Quad Cities, hitting up everyplace that normally stocks the figures. After 4 Walmarts, 3 Gamestops, 2 KMarts, Best Buy, Target, ToysRUs, and Video Games Etc., we ended up with a Voodood, the level pack with Ghost Roaster, and the level pack with Terrafin. Evidently the Skylander bug bit hard, because today I bought three different 3 packs off eBay. Its crazy how wiped out the stores are, and the inflation on eBay due to the supply and demand!!

#57 Cheshire Wolf

Cheshire Wolf

CAG BALLER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:23 AM

Cheapy, I totally agree with you. People bitching about spending eight dollars a month on Netflix, have issues. There's so many things to watch!
Can a young Fuck get money anymore? - Kanye West

#58 csloan

csloan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:42 AM

Wombat, while I agree that buying American is a great idea, the simple truth is labor costs are not even close to being competitive with China. I heard it said (and forgive me for not knowing the source off the top of my head) that an iPhone manufactured in the US would cost $5000. Perhaps an exaggeration, but do you really think that any American union would allow its workers to get paid anything close to what Chinese workers make?

By the way, get the iPhone...and the Apple tv is nice also.

#59 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

great show. made work day go by fast. you guys are super awesome

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#60 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:26 AM

We already know there are more figures and expansion packs coming and it's been known since Day 1. Toys come in waves and Activision underestimated how many they needed to have on the market with the first two waves. The Skylanders figures are sold out. That's a fact and Activision and retailers are missing out on more profits because no one can buy them while they are hot.

I'd actually say once Activision realized the sell-through rates were so high it was near impossible for them to ramp up production. It's not like the manufacturing facilities can just flip a switch and *poof* more Skylanders are on store shelves. These factories have carefully planned out schedules so that they don't have a lot of downtime. The manufacturing plants were more than likely already ramping up to produce the new figures that are scheduled to come out this month.

I actually think that's what happened as well, they probably didn't realize the demand this game would get. I remember there were a lot of haters calling this game a gimmick and it would go on clearance fast. I think resellers are creating a bigger demand on this too though, I went to a GS yesterday and asked if they had any. The clerk said they received a shipment on Friday and sold out fast and mentioned one guy buying 20 packs.