Need For Speed: The Run Free with Sports Illustrated Subscription

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I just noticed this and couldn't find it posted on the forums. (Though it's probably here somewhere.)

Sports Illustrated is offering a subscription deal where if you subscribe for a half year (28 issues at $50) you get a free copy of Need For Speed: The Run and a making of DVD.

https://subscription.si.com/storefr...id=EA+NFS+12+-+SI+Global+Banners&link=1007181

If you're planning to subscribe to SI you might as well get a free game too.

I remember seeing this a while back, but I forgot to post it. Really isn't too bad if you like the magazine maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember seeing it a few weeks ago too. Too bad the price of the subscription isn't cheaper, and then I read the reviews on the game and decided it wasn't incentive enough for me to purchase SI. I really wanted SI but at 50 bucks it is more than I want to spend. Nice bonus though! I remember many many years ago getting a football phone w/ SI

I have to add the SI app for tablets (Touchpad, IPad etc.) is great and virtually makes the paper copy useless. Perhaps I could setup a deal with someone to pay me half what I did for my paper version.

This really isn't much of a deal at all. Half year subscriptions to SI are $19.50 on Amazon and you can find brand new copies of Need For Speed: The Run on eBay for $30. Unless, of course, you REALLY want that making of DVD... :roll:

[quote name='Heavyd814life']This really isn't much of a deal at all. Half year subscriptions to SI are $19.50 on Amazon and you can find brand new copies of Need For Speed: The Run on eBay for $30. Unless, of course, you REALLY want that making of DVD... :roll:[/QUOTE]

+1

For my office sub, I think I pay about $40/year.

The past two years, I've gotten full year of SI plus a free NFL team shirt for $10/yr.

SI subscriptions come with an iPad digital subscription as well, which is nice

[quote name='Decker']The past two years, I've gotten full year of SI plus a free NFL team shirt for $10/yr.

SI subscriptions come with an iPad digital subscription as well, which is nice[/QUOTE]

WAIT, 10 per year!!!! AND ipad digital. Where do i sign up for this?!

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']WAIT, 10 per year!!!! AND ipad digital. Where do i sign up for this?![/QUOTE]

I think it's only active a few weeks a year, but here's the site:

https://subscription.si.com/storefront/subscribe-to-sports-illustrated/site/si-octdm5610retro-t.html

Let me know if it's working now, I'd grab another year. It's working. I just re-upped for another year. Thanks for asking me about the details, I wouldn't have checked otherwise.

also, if you'd rather spend $20 and get a NFL team jacket instead, here's that link : https://subscription.si.com/storefront/subscribe-to-sports-illustrated/site/si-octdm5620jacket.html
Again, don't know if it's currently active, but it looks like it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should also know that sometimes the free game is seriously backordered and you may have to wait months for it.

bread's done
Back