Photo
- - - - -

FREE X-Men-Destiny w/ purchase of new Spider-Man Edge of Time (Ps3/360)!!!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

oh cmon this game is so worth the money you spend 20$ an hour to play it. BAHAHAHAHAH!!!

#32 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

I think X-Men Destiny was better suited as an XBLA/PSN game. It had some good ideas but the execution and production values were lacking. Still, I did like the level of customization in terms of both looks and powers. At $20, I think you would get your money's worth.

#33 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hmm let's see here, spiderman is 60$ and you are getting xmen for free so you are basically paying 30$ for each ? NOOOOOO THANK YOU !!!!!!!
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#34 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

It's like getting 2 games for $30 each! Except that you might get a better deal depositing the money in a garbage can.

#35 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

My X-men Destiny mini-review:
"The campaign is about 5 hours long. You'll spend about 2 of those hours watching unskippable cutscenes."

O...M...G...

And you forgot to add "poorly acted and scripted" in front of cutscenes. Wow. It's like me and my friends wrote the dialogue and then recorded it on a cassette tape. Epic fail.

#36 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

O...M...G...

And you forgot to add "poorly acted and scripted" in front of cutscenes. Wow. It's like me and my friends wrote the dialogue and then recorded it on a cassette tape. Epic fail.

What I found most comical about X-Men was the rendering of the characters faces. Looks like somebody tired to design a face then hit it with a spiked bat. Toad's render was the worst where he looked like he walked behind a manure spreader for awhile.

Posted Image
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#37 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

If it's possible to vomit internally, this deal just made me do that.

#38 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Looks like Toad has 2 sliced hard boiled eggs for eyes.

What's your mutant power? Giving people cholesterol?

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#39 aardarf

aardarf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

59.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Now that's funny right thar!

#40 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Just in case anyone is still somehow on the fence, this post is +1 to X-Men Destiny not being worth it. I regret even renting it.

#41 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

I think I'll wait until I can get X-men Destiny completely free (with no purchase of a different game necessary). Who knows, it could happen! I got 2 copies of brink free from gamefly, so maybe the same could happen with X-men Destiny!

At this point, it seems like it's not worth buying for any price.

#42 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

I think I'll wait until I can get X-men Destiny completely free (with no purchase of a different game necessary). Who knows, it could happen! I got 2 copies of brink free from gamefly, so maybe the same could happen with X-men Destiny!

At this point, it seems like it's not worth buying for any price.

Despite all of the jokes, it really depends on the individual. Some people really enjoyed it, but they were either X-Men fanatics or genuinely interested in both the concept and the genre so it turned out to be at the very least decent to them.

It's absolutely not something to recommend to most people, and certainly shouldn't have been full price given the overall level of presentation, content, etc. but Activision doesn't care.

#43 schulerbob

schulerbob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

I've been catching up on Morrison and Whedon's run on X-men, which has me in the mood to play through X-men legends 2, which I never got around to.

#44 KrebStar

KrebStar

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

I enjoyed the hell out of Shattered Dimensions, but Edge of Time was terrible.

Sometimes it hurts to be a Spidey fan.

#45 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

EoT is that bad after the delightful SD? What a shame.

I heard that Activision rushed out EoT after SM:SD's success which might explain how rough it is. My usual calculus that the addition of Black Cat makes anything better has failed me twice now. First WoS now EoT.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#46 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

For anyone thinking of getting this deal, save your money and go to Toys R Us and get Rayman Origins for $20.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#47 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Free poop with purchase of vomit
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#48 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

EoT is that bad after the delightful SD? What a shame.

I heard that Activision rushed out EoT after SM:SD's success which might explain how rough it is. My usual calculus that the addition of Black Cat makes anything better has failed me twice now. First WoS now EoT.

They rushed it out using only half of SD's team so they can put the real work into next year's movie game.

#49 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

Free poop with purchase of vomit

haha bingo

#50 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

The fact that other games exist kills this deal..

Well played, sir. Well played.

#51 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

I rented X-men today at redbox.....It is pretty bad.

#52 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Anyone that thinks this is a good deal should be banned from CAG for their own protection.

#53 Leggo

Leggo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

Better deal: get Spider-Man 2 for Xbox, get X-Men Legends for PS2 free during the next BOGO at Gamestop, assuming they still have it in stock. Total price: $4.99, and each game is better than both of these otherwise $60 turds put together.

http://www.gamestop....der-man-2/27686

http://www.gamestop....egends-gh/27680

#54 BlindPete

BlindPete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

so they are paying me 59.99 to play both games... pass

#55 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

I actually didn't think Destiny was that bad. It isn't that good either, but not as bad as everyone says. I absolutely loved MUA2 (1250/1250), so maybe part of my tolerance of XMD comes from that. But a word of caution to anyone who plays it (and I don't mean from this deal - this is a terrible deal & I'm not helping you out if you waste so much money). When you want to mop up all the challenges & stuff, make sure you choose load game > load character > select mission, and don't pick 'continue' until after you're ready to start the new game plus.

It's the only reason I'm at 900/1000. Didn't wanna play through it for a 3rd time.

#56 EcchiBoi

EcchiBoi

Backlogged CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

It's the only reason I'm at 900/1000. Didn't wanna play through it for a 3rd time.

I like gamerscore as much as anyone, but I would never waste time playing a :censored: game just for gs, much less 3 times. There's so much better stuff out there to earn your points on, why waste time on this?
My Backlog Discussion Thread, My XBL DLC Trade List, My PSN DLC Trade List

#57 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

I like gamerscore as much as anyone, but I would never waste time playing a :censored: game just for gs, much less 3 times. There's so much better stuff out there to earn your points on, why waste time on this?

It was kind of fun to go through it on a two day redbox rental and get all the achievements. I actually rented it to try it out and saw how horrible it was and didn't want to give myself any reason to go back to it.

#58 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Some people found these games fun; it's not wasted time if they enjoyed it. The stuff you find better might have been played already, might be in their backlog, or just isn't their type of game.

#59 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, same. I'm currently suffering through X-men Destiny. It suuuuuucccckkkkssss. I blame everyone who didn't buy Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Now we get trash like this instead. Thanks guys.

MUA2 was kind of crappy. They scrapped the RPG elements that made the game worthwhile. I didn't even get to the built-in replay value (register/non-register), and I heard only one level was different anyway.

And I had to fight Grim Reaper twice. Grim fucking Reaper. They were really digging deep for crappy villains when I'd gladly replay Legends 2 or MUA1 with different characters. Oh and they completely boned us with DLC shenanigans.

#60 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

I rented X-men today at redbox.....It is pretty bad.

I redboxed it and beat it in the same rental period. Definitely not worth buying.