Radiant Historia w/ Music CD @ Best Buy $34.99

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Radiant Historia for the DS w/ the Music CD for $34.99 w/ free shipping. However, the page states that it is in fact back-ordered with an estimated 1-2 weeks to ship from their warehouse, but it still might be worth a try if you've been trying to get a hold of this game and don't mind waiting a bit longer.

Just a heads up though -- I ordered a Batman: Arkham Asylum CE when BB had it listed as IN STOCK on their website about a month ago, but then claimed it was back-ordered days later. Eventually I got fed up waiting for it to come out of back-order and decided to cancel it. Despite its status, BB still charged my CC even though they apparently didn't have any in stock. So just be aware that they will most likely do the same in this situation even if they can't locate any copies. Oh, and their so-called "1-2 week back-order" window can actually translate to a "potentially indefinite back-order."

I don't think there's any chance it'll be back in stock.. the game + soundtrack boxset has been out of production for a while. While the game itself had a reprint somewhat recently, I think the game + soundtrack combo was limited to launch copies.

Only the first print actually included the Music CD. This is most likely just a mistake on their website. You won't be getting the music CD unless a lot of stores had them in stock and sent them to the warehouse, but I highly doubt that. It sold out pretty damn quick and it being worth $60-$70 back then definitely didn't help.

I've had this ordered since Dec 27 and just this week they sent me an email saying it went to back order, I doubt anyone will be getting it.

Oh okay. Well, I've owned the game w/ the cd since it released, but I just saw that link and thought it'd help out a bunch of ppl who were looking to get it.

I ordered it over a month ago when it was originally posted on cag. But my order was changed to backordered right before it was suppose to be shipped and it's been continually pushed back since. I'm expecting it to be cancelled very soon.

I don't recommend people getting their hopes up

Just stopped at my local Best Buy to check up on it, they said they don't have any but asked if I'd like to do a check to see if anyone around does have it. I of course said yes and after about a minutes wait they said the local warehouse has at least 20 of them. I asked if I could order it and have it shipped directly to my house and the lady politely said of course, she said it should ship by wednesday at the latest and that I will hopefully have it by the end of the week or early next week.

Not sure if what she said was all true, but I can hope for the best. I missed out on this gem, and from what I heard from a friend it's a decent RPG.

I searched high and low on the internet (you can see my struggles in the Japanese Games thread).

I finally had the nice girl that works the local Gamestop order a copy in from 60 miles away and got just the cartridge for around $13 (Used, 10% off, $10 store coupon).

I hope(d) for a reprint. The fact that the game is $56 on Amazon for cartridge only is an abomination. Nintendo is stupid to not allow rare games to be released digitally for the DSi/3DS. No more scarcity and people can enjoy the games they want without middle men and aftermarket, post-print sticker shock.

i've got an extra case for this game. i don't know if i should sell the case or get a cartridge somewhere and sell it whole. or just have two copies.

[quote name='TheKbob']I searched high and low on the internet (you can see my struggles in the Japanese Games thread).

I finally had the nice girl that works the local Gamestop order a copy in from 60 miles away and got just the cartridge for around $13 (Used, 10% off, $10 store coupon).

I hope(d) for a reprint. The fact that the game is $56 on Amazon for cartridge only is an abomination. Nintendo is stupid to not allow rare games to be released digitally for the DSi/3DS. No more scarcity and people can enjoy the games they want without middle men and aftermarket, post-print sticker shock.[/QUOTE]

Hastings had new copies in stock online up until about a month ago. It was the reprint, but still.

I actually picked up a copy when Gamestop had the B2G1 deal going on. They had a new copy an they had opened it an placed the box on the shelf. I showed the manager and said you couldn't charge someone a new copy price if they games seal was broken an I got it used. So be on the look out for that nonsense as well. I hate that they do that. Should be illegal to do! they tried selling me a few games like this I refused an went elsewhere. I only go now when I have to for something exclusive.

Another rare but awesomely unique rpg (if anyone missed it) is Sega's Infinite Space for the DS. IS was another title that underwent a similarly low production run and became rare rather quickly. Legit US copies are incredibly difficult to find for a decent price (starting @ $100+), however it is fairly easy to find a UK version on ebay and amazon -- just be careful if you do plan on purchasing a US copy because there are also plenty of fakes listed on those sites as well. Just a little word of advice -- be sure that the "new" copy has a factory seal with y-folds. If it is simply shrink wrapped, it is not a genuine copy.

1277003149-00.jpg

I placed an order just in case they get fulfilled. If not, I'll forget about it I'm sure.

But this thread got me hunting and I picked up a cartridge-only version at my local gamestop today. Was under $20 after today's 20% off promo on ds/psp games

Ah, Radiant Historia. I had a feeling about this game. I drove all over town looking for a copy, and finally settled on driving 40 miles to the next town in order to pick up a copy from Gamestop. I was very upset to find they had opened the outer cardboard box of the game and removed the music CD (they put a sticker on the paper box, and I was terrified it would ruin the case. Luckily I removed it perfectly!) but I was able to leave and drive the 40 miles back home with my complete copy. I had NO idea it would actually be this rare today!

Funny thing is, I'm not a huge fan of the game 0_0 It's good, but nothing terribly mind-blowing. I find the time travel a little annoying, in fact.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Another rare but awesomely unique rpg (if anyone missed it) is Sega's Infinite Space for the DS. IS was another title that underwent a similarly low production run and became rare rather quickly. Legit US copies are incredibly difficult to find for a decent price (starting @ $100+), however it is fairly easy to find a UK version on ebay and amazon -- just be careful if you do plan on purchasing a US copy because there are also plenty of fakes listed on those sites as well. Just a little word of advice -- be sure that the "new" copy has a factory seal with y-folds. If it is simply shrink wrapped, it is not a genuine copy.

1277003149-00.jpg
[/QUOTE]

A bunch of Gamestops near me still have this new for $34.99

I was hoping something like this would happen, since I missed picking this up when it was 19.99 around Black Friday. And thanks to the free $15 gift card I got from when BBY cancelled all those orders, I'll be snagging it for the same price.

I am equally shocked that people still have an issue with Gamestop opening titles for display. They'd probably poop a little to know that is common practice for all game stores in other countries (like the UK).

Gamestop isn't a place for collectors :p

I have a prime copy of Infinite Space. Didn't know it was worth that much. It's weird seeing all these DS games jump up in price.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Another rare but awesomely unique rpg (if anyone missed it) is Sega's Infinite Space for the DS. IS was another title that underwent a similarly low production run and became rare rather quickly. Legit US copies are incredibly difficult to find for a decent price (starting @ $100+), however it is fairly easy to find a UK version on ebay and amazon -- just be careful if you do plan on purchasing a US copy because there are also plenty of fakes listed on those sites as well. Just a little word of advice -- be sure that the "new" copy has a factory seal with y-folds. If it is simply shrink wrapped, it is not a genuine copy.

1277003149-00.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I love all types of RPG games but absolutely hated this game. Wish now that I kept it to resell but at least I sold it for what I bought it for.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I knew I should have bought more copies when Amazon had 'em for $19.99[/QUOTE]

Same here. I bought a reprint to play, but sold it for $90. Not opening my launch copy, of course.

Infinite Space was, after Etrian Odyssey, my favorite game this gen. Too bad no one knows of it. Have 2 copies of that too =P

I was a damn fool who sold his soundtrack version for $40 a couple days after it came out (only to buy the vanilla version later), if I knew it would have jumped up to these silly prices I would've kept it. Oh wellsies.

[quote name='sunghost']I guess I'm lucky that I bought the box + soundtrack version of Radiant Historia for $30 near launch..[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

@postermen - That's crazy. I bought IS shortly after it came out after much debating and still have an unopened copy, but aside from my initial purchase and subsequent rental to be able to play the game w/out opening my copy, I have not ever seen a single copy in stores. According to Gamestop's website, there is one store in MI that has it in stock, but it's about 2 hours from where I live.

All of my stores say "Ship to Store" but that's probably just a mistake. it will probably get backordered and cancelled

My local GameStop's manager is real cool. He tracked down a new copy RH for $29.99 at another store and had them transfer it for free.
No cd, but he said he has the cd from his game and he'd make a copy.

bread's done
Back