Photo
- - - - -

Monster Tale (DS) for $11.49 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 chahi

chahi

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Monster Tale (DS) for $11.49 @ Amazon (with free Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25)

Link: http://www.amazon.co...26751168&sr=8-1

Metacritic: http://www.metacriti...ds/monster-tale
Posted Image

#2 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

I was actually just looking for this game for cheap. If I remember right, I read it has some nice Metroidvania gameplay to it. Very tempted at this price...

Thanks for the heads up. Now if only I could find a 360 copy of Resonance of Fate for 15 bucks, I'll have gotten a lot of what I've been looking for lately.

#3 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

It's a decent game. Defiantly worth the $12 they are charging for it. It has some unique stuff to the game, although the biggest problem with the game is there is a little bit too much backtracking.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4 dave auto

dave auto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

Highly recommend this game. One of my favorite surprises of 2011. A bit more kid-friendly than Metroid or Catlevania, challenge-wise, but I thought it had a lot more charm and personality than, say, Shadow Complex, which I felt was a more mature but somewhat lifeless take on the Metroidvania framework. 16-bit style and polish up the wazoo. Reminds me of the caliber of quality you see in Nintendo's second-party stuff, like Starfy or Kirby.

Hell, I wish Nintendo would have published this instead of Majesco, so it would have gotten the recognition it deserved.

#5 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:13 AM

Highly recommend this game. One of my favorite surprises of 2011. A bit more kid-friendly than Metroid or Catlevania, challenge-wise, but I thought it had a lot more charm and personality than, say, Shadow Complex, which I felt was a more mature but somewhat lifeless take on the Metroidvania framework. 16-bit style and polish up the wazoo. Reminds me of the caliber of quality you see in Nintendo's second-party stuff, like Starfy or Kirby.

Hell, I wish Nintendo would have published this instead of Majesco, so it would have gotten the recognition it deserved.

I second this. My favorite DS game last year. One of my top 5 games of 2011. Great game. A steal at this price. Good combo of pokemon style with Metroidvania gameplay/design.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#6 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:17 AM

No longer available at this price :( I'll stay on the look out though

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#7 deadkode

deadkode

savior of the vita

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:31 AM

picked one up a couple hours ago, thanks op. looks good

#8 DealHunter

DealHunter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

Guys I am afraid even though it is fulfilled by Amazon the seller of this game (Lotsa Electronics/Supercoop llc) may have resealed the game our it is counterfeit. The Monster Tale I received from this order clearly was resealed. The game did not have the Y-Fold sealing that real new games have. Be mindful...

Edited by DealHunter, 25 January 2012 - 09:47 PM.
Left out companies full name.

#9 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Fun game, but I'm still stuck at one place and I honestly haven't figured out why there are so many evolved forms of Chomp.
Posted Image

#10 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

Guys I am afraid even though it is fulfilled by Amazon the seller of this game (Lotsa Electronics/Supercoop llc) may have resealed the game our it is counterfeit. The Monster Tale I received from this order clearly was resealed. The game did not have the Y-Fold sealing that real new games have. Be mindful...

Doesn't mean anything. This has been discussed before, as I recall. Not all DS games have y-folds.

http://www.cheapassg...p/t-297235.html
www.bighugenerd.com

#11 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Go check out the copies at Best Buy or something. They're the same way.

#12 DealHunter

DealHunter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Go check out the copies at Best Buy or something. They're the same way.

Stele and WilliamG thanks for informing me about this. I corrected my mistake and removed negative feedback from their profile. Thanks a lot.

#13 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, it's kind of annoying that numerous ds games don't have the y folds. I usually go check at a couple local retail stores just to verify it's ok.

#14 novem

novem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

I picked this up when it was first on sale. Highly recommend it. Completely charming and fun. My only complaint is that you do end up doing a lot of backtracking but given the type of game it is you will always have a fun new ability when you traverse an area a second or third time.