Photo
- - - - -

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Special Edition for $59.99 @ Amazon (DEAD)

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:43 AM

Someone explain the Slant Six hate? I'm not sure where that's stemming from (ie what games they made that were shit) and I'm on my phone so doing the googling won't be a valid option atm

They've made 5 SOCOM games, 4 of them varying from average to abysmal. The last one, Tactical Strike, is the exception & plays like a RTS/TPS hybrid. Of course, the 3 Fireteam Bravo games being bad isn't their fault, it's just putting shooters on a handheld where aiming is handled by BUTTONS or a flimsy analog stick, is laughable.

Point still stands though, Slant Six isn't known for quality & not like Zipper could've done any better; 1 & 2 were the only worthwhile SOCOM games, the franchise has been on a jagged rockslide since.

Figured it was just angry game nerds as usual but wikipedia says they made SOCOM: Confrontation and a couple SOCOM psp games before this.

What a surprise, you have no personal experience with them so you call naysayers "nerds". You are aware you're on a video game site, correct? Do you go to KKK meetings & call everyone skinheads? =\

im just wondering if its going to be good or not.

Resident Evil hasn't been good since 4, hell it's not even the same franchise anymore =\

#32 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:50 AM

I will definitely be renting this one first. If I like it, I'll snag it down the road for $20 at most probably.

BTW, this game doesn't have split screen of any kind, so that was a major factor in my decision to hold off.

Edited by Sharkey1337, 17 January 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#33 Fatal Futanari

Fatal Futanari

Here comes the lewd!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

Thanks OP! :D

Join Points2Shop and get ANYTHING you want from Amazon!!!! (i have gotten $77, 5 PS3 games and 3 anime boxset so far!!!!!)

#34 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:34 AM

Oh man you're right.
Does amazon post your gaming credit anywhere? It's not under gift card balance :/

I don't think you can see it unless you add something to cart and see the credit in the payment options or the promo discount before submitting your order.

#35 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:38 AM

In regards to the game being made by slant six.... I agreed with that comment till June of last year. I got to play the game at E3 and Comic Con, and going into it was fearing the worst since it was made by Slant Six.... I was wrong. I hated the Socom game they made, and wanted nothing to do with this one. Long story short I probably played it 5 times total at e3, and loved every minute of it. It felt like a hybrid of Gears of War and Left 4 Dead. As far as the 4 player co op went, it was insane and never a moment when there was nothing to shoot at.

Sounds good. How is it compared to Mercenaries mode in RE4/5? I really enjoyed those and the 3DS game.

#36 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:12 AM

I don't think you can see it unless you add something to cart and see the credit in the payment options or the promo discount before submitting your order.

Not so, there is a way to see your GC balance as well as all your promotional balance. It is in an odd place to be sure.

Basically go to any MP3 Download such as this one. On the right side under where you can purchase the album you'll see "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance". Simply click that and it'll show you what you have. But just so you know it breaks it down section by section. For example I have a general $10 credit on my account. The method I described shows me as having $10 in each category because the $10 I have can be used on anything amazon sells.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#37 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:24 AM

Pre-Ordered at this price,thanks OP.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#38 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:31 AM

Thanks, locked in the price just in case.

#39 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

Thanks. Looking forward to it and I kinda wanted the SE. Maybe I'll cancel before hand, but it's nice to have it locked in at the MSRP of the regular version.

#40 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:53 AM

Just put in my order. If the reviews come in and it sucks, at least Amazon is good on taking returns.

536739.png

#41 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

Awesome Thanks
Had both ordered already but when ahead and put a order in for the cheaper prices.

#42 JSD

JSD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:33 AM

I'm a sucker for steelbooks, but I don't know about this game. Videos of it look "ok" but I don't think it's worth $60.

#43 rieper

rieper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

In for one also updated my revelations to RDD, thanks for the info.

Seen this mentioned a few times already in this thread... What exactly is RDD?

#44 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:52 AM

In for one, I just want the steelbook

Smash 3DS 5284-1575-8564

#45 pacino408

pacino408

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:53 AM

RDD means Release Date Delivery

#46 VaRIABLE SoUL

VaRIABLE SoUL

I Live in Rapture

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:12 AM

thx OP, I reordered this version.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

With Max Payne delayed until May, I guess I'll go for this then. I'll get it on the PS3 knowing that the online community will be bigger thanks to Japan's population on the PS3.
Posted Image

#48 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

Thanks OP, but I'll wait for "RE: Operation Racoon City Complete Edition"

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#49 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

I wanna get this game but I don't wanna pay 60. At the same time, since it is a mostly MP type game, I don't wanna get burned by missing out on having people to play with by the time it drops.

#50 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

Darn, i just want the steelbook, I can wait for the game and all the DLC until they release the inevitable super-awersome-complete-ultimate-insert adjective here- version.

#51 JVorhees#1

JVorhees#1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Thanks OP, but I'll wait for "RE: Operation Racoon City Complete Edition"

You should probably wait for the Super Ultimate RE: Operation Racoon City Complete Edition with paid dlc that's locked out on the disc.

#52 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

it's capcom...so do you think the bonus skins and wpns are unlockable later in the game and/or available for purchase DLC?

#53 Ellahjay88

Ellahjay88

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

Just pre-ordered mine :D Thanks for sharing this deal Op!!
Posted Image

#54 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

Was planning on buying 2 regular editions on release, one for me and one for my cousin for his birthday so this works out perfectly, thanks OP!

#55 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

I have had both versions on my wish list because I wasn't sure which one I wanted. With them being the same price, the decision makes itself.

Thanks op!

#56 sadakou

sadakou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

*notices the "Rayman Origins $19.99 w/ free shipping" topic right next to this one and wonders why CAGs are frothing at the mouth to pay $60 for this when it will be $20 in a few months anyway, especially for a Capcom game where saving $40 on the price of the disc will help offset the $90 worth of DLC Capcom has planned for day 1*

#57 vivafriend5

vivafriend5

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

it will be $20 in a few months anyway, especially for a Capcom game where saving $40 on the price of the disc will help offset the $90 worth of DLC Capcom has planned for day 1*

That's ludicrous, it should only be $50-$70 worth of content planned on day one. Unless of course, we are talking about color swapping palettes for $15 apiece. Wait, what about lots of adorable costumes and overpowered weapons on day two though? Don't forget how they'll leave off half of the play-modes on day three! This is gonna get pricey.

#58 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Someone explain the Slant Six hate? I'm not sure where that's stemming from (ie what games they made that were shit) and I'm on my phone so doing the googling won't be a valid option atm

All their work on SOCOM games especially Confrontation. That was a MP only game that didn't work out of the box. Considering RE:OR is a MP focused game, I am concerned and I am not ordering it until I see reviews.

#59 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:26 PM

*notices the "Rayman Origins $19.99 w/ free shipping" topic right next to this one and wonders why CAGs are frothing at the mouth to pay $60 for this when it will be $20 in a few months anyway, especially for a Capcom game where saving $40 on the price of the disc will help offset the $90 worth of DLC Capcom has planned for day 1*

It's online-focused, so being there at the start (or at least early on) is a big deal to a lot of people.

I know this is CAG, but we are not all just seeking the cheapest prices months later or whatever, but rather the best deals when they are also desirable enough (depends on the individual). If there's a deal on a pre-order like this, then it's a favorable option for some of us.

#60 NocturneManiac

NocturneManiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

I know that it isn't gameplay footage, but this Triple Impact trailer was quite droolworthy for me. :drool:

http://www.gametrail...ent-evil/725551

Too bad we can't just get an animated feature film or series just from this, I was thoroughly entertained, especially with the licker getting owned in the hallway, too badass.

I have seen the other trailers and it looks fairly interesting, so I went ahead and pre-ordered it. At least with Amazon you can change your mind down the line if you want, so hopefully we'll get some good in-depth previews to go by for some more confirmation. The multiplayer modes look quite...different. Hopefully they aren't just lame and horribly repetitive and underdeveloped. :-#

Posted Image