Photo
- - - - -

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Special Edition for $59.99 @ Amazon (DEAD)

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#61 DealHunter

DealHunter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

Thanks OP, but I'll wait for "RE: Operation Racoon City Complete Edition"

I could not agree more.

#62 falcinator

falcinator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

Dead for the PS3

#63 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:21 AM

Dead for the PS3

Just saw that myself. Awfully surprising.

#64 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

I just pre-ordered mine for Xbox360.

Don't really have much faith in this game but it could end up actually being an entertaining game.

Zombies are always welcome and I like the idea of hunting down the RE cast. Although I would much rather give it to Umbrella.

Can always cancel since this is Amazon FYI....if you are on the fence that is.

#65 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

I ordered I love resident evil too much to not buy this

#66 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

Dead for the PS3

Thanks for letting us know. Just updated the OP.

#67 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

I played it at a gamespot event. It was fun, didn't run into any bugs.

#68 falcinator

falcinator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

In case anyone is currently interested in the PS3 Limited Edition, it's available for preorder at Bestbuy for $59.99 as well. Tax makes it pricier, but there's an "exclusive" DLC weapons pack included as well

#69 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

In case anyone is currently interested in the PS3 Limited Edition, it's available for preorder at Bestbuy for $59.99 as well. Tax makes it pricier, but there's an "exclusive" DLC weapons pack included as well

That doesn't look like the same thing.

http://www.bestbuy.c...tegories&ks=960

There's a Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Special Edition for $69.99
and a Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Best Buy Limited Edition for $59.99. The Best Buy Limited Edition doesn't say anything about the steelbook or other stuff.

#70 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

Sadly Best Buy "Limited Edition" does not equal the "Special Edition". Best Buy's LE appears to just be the regular edition with their DLC preorder bonus which likely means it'll be available in store without preorder anyhow.

#71 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

I switched my PS3 to the 360, I forgot the PS3 has shit communication and I rather deal with X-Live and have more friends on Live too. I make sure a friend of mine picks this up so we can play this together. And doesn't all these stupid "preorder bonuses" from all these companies are included in the special edition? Better off if you want all those "preorder bonuses" just get the special edition which includes everything.
Posted Image

#72 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

I missed this post, but I already had RE:ORC SE preordered from a Gold Box deal. Brings it to $56.99 automatically :D

#73 CephalicStatic

CephalicStatic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

I played the demo at NY Comic-Con; it wasn't bad. It seems like a cross between L4D and RE5, mostly.

#74 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

In 4 1.

hope there's at least a $10 GC preorder incentive as well.

#75 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

I'm afraid to give Capcom my money on a first release after getting burned by Marvel vs Capcom 3.

I'm afraid to give Capcom my money at all.

#76 falcinator

falcinator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Sorry about the bad Bestbuy info yesterday, was at lunch browsing quickly, even sorrier their wording is misleading, and their limited edition is a pile of junk.

But....is THIS the same one that was being offered at amazon, for more money though....

http://www.walmart.c...tion-3/19237567

#77 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I think this "special edition" is atrocious... there's not one thing distinguishing about it. Two patches, a steelbook, and some digital content? Capcom should be ashamed of themselves b/c this CE actually makes Dead Rising 2's High Stakes Edition look amazing, and that's pretty sad. Granted, I have not seen very much about the game or the actual gameplay, but from what I have seen it reminds me of RE: Outbreak on the PS2 -- which was a novel idea at the time, but failed to really follow through with any substance like prior RE games had commanded. Just my two cents.

All that aside and even though I won't be purchasing this game, I do have to say thank you to the OP for posting the deal. $10 off is still $10 off.

#78 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

bonus content value is based on the consumer, while an actual umbrella would be nice it might not be incentive enough for someone to shell out the extra dollars for a LE, SE, or CE. It's $10 off making this version trump the standard edition because of the digital content. The rest of the swag you can probably buy at FYE on clearance at some point for pennies.

perfect example...duke nuke'em CE. Great swag, not so great game.

If they also include a $10 + GC for preodering, it'll a lot more attractive to anyone hesitant. Here's to up to $20+ in savings on this. Cause I'd rather get it early for this price than offered later as DLC wpns and skins down the road for space bucks.

#79 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

Sadly the promo GC's are super rare with SE's.

#80 NocturneManiac

NocturneManiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

Even if this special edition's contents aren't "worth it", it is the exact same price as the regular edition, so why wouldn't people buy it over the standard? Most CEs for games are priced at 79.99, so it was already lower when it was 69.99, so 59.99 seems like a no brainer. Outside of there being sales lowering the standard game to around $45-$50, then I don't see why not...

Posted Image

#81 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:53 AM

Even if this special edition's contents aren't "worth it", it is the exact same price as the regular edition, so why wouldn't people buy it over the standard? Most CEs for games are priced at 79.99, so it was already lower when it was 69.99, so 59.99 seems like a no brainer. Outside of there being sales lowering the standard game to around $45-$50, then I don't see why not...

I think people are more afraid to buy a shitty game

#82 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:08 AM

My thoughts exactly. The last great RE game was 4 to be honest. Loved the hell out of that game even through I severely dislike shooters (Mass Effect series being a huge exception, although that's more of an RPG than anything).

Actually, as much as I disliked shooters I find myself playing them more now than ever before. Only the story driven ones such as the Uncharted series though.

#83 falcinator

falcinator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

I'd say it's more trendy to shred on capcom for it's dubious practice of rerelease by upgrades as new product, all the while the fans decry how they've been victimized by buying a partial product. To that I say....don't buy it. The core game IS there, and the argument about it being not the full release is bunk. It's a tweaked product with hope that people will double dip out of completist attitude or simply placing more product into shelves for a new customer to the brand.

#84 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:01 AM

I'd say it's more trendy to shred on capcom for it's dubious practice of rerelease by upgrades as new product, all the while the fans decry how they've been victimized by buying a partial product. To that I say....don't buy it. The core game IS there, and the argument about it being not the full release is bunk. It's a tweaked product with hope that people will double dip out of completist attitude or simply placing more product into shelves for a new customer to the brand.

Capcom has always been known to milk their franchises dating back to the 16 bit days, but back then their games were of top tier quality so people didn't bash them as much.

I'm actually interested in Raccoon City as a RE spinoff because it looks to be going for a Left 4 Dead type of experience but in third person. Slant Six had a perfectly competent game with Socom: Confrontation once the bugs were finally worked out, so assuming Capcom doesn't release a buggy product there might be hope for Raccoon City.

I rather see a full on shooter spin off for Resident Evil than the confused hybrid that RE5 was which couldn't make up its mind whether it was a shooter or a horror. Hopefully RE6 goes more in the survival horror direction.

#85 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

I rather see a full on shooter spin off for Resident Evil than the confused hybrid that RE5 was which couldn't make up its mind whether it was a shooter or a horror. Hopefully RE6 goes more in the survival horror direction.

From the looks of the new trailer, no

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#86 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:18 AM

From the looks of the new trailer, no

It's not bad without the horror aspect. I like that the game takes place over different arcs and from the perspectives different people, unlike the last 2 games. And it's also good to see that events in Operation Raccoon City will not be canon.
Posted Image

#87 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

Steelbook..... pre-ordered.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#88 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:14 AM

It's not bad without the horror aspect. I like that the game takes place over different arcs and from the perspectives different people, unlike the last 2 games. And it's also good to see that events in Operation Raccoon City will not be canon.

Agreed, I'm only saying that RE6 is not going back to survivor horror not bashing the initial details of RE6, I for one absolutely enjoyed RE5. Yes it's not horror but it was great fun.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#89 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:20 AM

Over the last year or two I have seen so much hate geared towards RE5. I mean I get it; it was a departure from the whole "survival horror" genre that everyone seems to adore but it was hands down the single best offline co-op game I've played this generation. I think I've played through it three seperate times with my girlfriend and a fourth time when they incorporated PS3 Move into the control schemes.

I really wish more games would have offline co-op--forced or not.

#90 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

The Co-op should have been seperate from the campaign IMO.

Sure, it's fun if you have someone to play with, but if you want to play alone it makes the game a lot less fun than it should have been. Babysitting the 2nd character was annoying.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!