Photo
- - - - -

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Special Edition for $59.99 @ Amazon (DEAD)

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#91 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Im on the fence about this one. I just prepaid me3 and really dont want to have to games going at once. I also remember that in all likely hood capcom will release another edition of it with its intended content in a few more months.
Does this game even have an off-line mode?

#92 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

I can't see paying 60 dollars for this when RE6 will be out before the end of the year for the same price. Yeah yeah, I know this is more run and gun team squad, but I could see this dropping in price a month after it comes out.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#93 ShoeGamer19

ShoeGamer19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

I'm still hoping it's well worth 60!!

#94 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

I'd say the special edition is worth it, even if you are paying the $69.99. IT has costume dlc, weapon dlc, 2 patches, and a steel book case. The steel book alone is worth the extra 10, and you can still get it for the same price as the regular, why would someone complain about this?

Also, just throwing out there, that the game is made by slant six, and if you dont know what that means then you haven't really played a tactical shooter have you? Their work mixed with this IP and the idea of 2 teams fighting while also surviving against monsters is a great and original idea. Of course they acquired the license for the resident evil franchise. Honestly, would you be interested more if it were new made up creatures?

#95 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

I'd say the special edition is worth it, even if you are paying the $69.99. IT has costume dlc, weapon dlc, 2 patches, and a steel book case. The steel book alone is worth the extra 10, and you can still get it for the same price as the regular, why would someone complain about this?

People aren't complaining about the price compared to the regular edition, obviously there would be no reason to not get the special edition. People are saying that they are skeptical as to the game even being worth $50, or $40, or $30 given Capcom's history of putting out a product with tons of day one DLC, the game's price tanking in a couple months, and then Capcom re-releasing the game again with the DLC up to that point included...and more DLC on the way. If someone thinks the game is worth $20, then $60 for the special edition is no longer a good deal.

Also a blanket claim that a steelbook is worth $10 does not apply to a very, very large number of people. I think steelbooks are cool but I certainly do not collect them and wouldn't pay $10 per game to upgrade even if it was an option. The rest of the special edition stuff is straight trash, a couple patches and game content that they removed from the regular edition just so the special edition would look more appealing? That kind of DLC has exactly one use for me, and it consists of going on Ebay and selling it to the crazies that pay $15-30 for that kind of thing.

#96 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

at this point I really only want the digital bonus content, and hoping it's not an early unlock and actually skins that can be purchased down the road as paid DLC (i.e. alt skins for UMvC3) like Capcom does...so I'll feel like preordering it was infact a bonus other than playing it on release. If I'm lucky I can sell/trade the other tangible swag or gift it to one of my RE buddies. The patch I might just keep because the UNSC patch I have from Halo Wars needs another friend.

my only gripe w/capcom has been put to rest and through CAG i was at least able to make up the loss between SFIV > SSFIV (less about price and release but the bonus content promise for saving your original copy) and MvC3 > UMvC3 (time frame between releases). I'm just more aware of what could happen w/Capcom for their fighting games and make my purchases accordingly. RE series seems different to me at least.

RE6 and Operation Raccoon City seems like 2 totally different types of games. So getting one in Feb? and the other in late Nov seems fine. Ppl buy RPGs and FPS all the time, this just happens to be the same company but showcasing different aspects of gameplay and timeline. The competitive cooperative aspect of RE:ORC (haha...zombies..orcs, nvm) looks like Horde/Beast/FF and PvP. I like the RE series I just could never get with the pause, aim, fire, back peddle...pause, aim, fire, repeat.

looks like fun...and if it turns out to be crap, don't open it and send it back.

#97 tecwrtr

tecwrtr

She who hesitates...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

Over the last year or two I have seen so much hate geared towards RE5. I mean I get it; it was a departure from the whole "survival horror" genre that everyone seems to adore but it was hands down the single best offline co-op game I've played this generation. I think I've played through it three seperate times with my girlfriend and a fourth time when they incorporated PS3 Move into the control schemes.

I really wish more games would have offline co-op--forced or not.

My husband and I loved it too! We played it through several times as well. It was fantastic co-op play. I love games where the campaign is co-op, instead of just tacking on a few crappy co-op missions. :headache:

From what I've read, it seems the whole campaign for this one is going to be co-op too!

#98 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

You have to be a RE nut to even think about getting this.

H A V E03ol2Bg.pngH A V E

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#99 atlantis

atlantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

Looks bad, and co-op is such a fad.

#100 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

Well in my opinion, this looks awesome. My brother and other friends enjoyed RE5. It was a pretty awesome Co-op game and a very poor horror game but this game looks like a awesome co-op and a better horror game so call me nut for getting this.

#101 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

how has coop a fad? its been kick ass since 1985 when gauntlet came out.

#102 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

How did you like playing RE 5 with the Move as compared to the regular controller? Thanks.

I think I've played through it three seperate times with my girlfriend and a fourth time when they incorporated PS3 Move into the control schemes.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#103 NocturneManiac

NocturneManiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

I think people are more afraid to buy a shitty game

I was actually speaking to the person about 3 or 4 posts above mine that referred directly to the quality of the special edition for this game, not any other hesitation on anyone else's part. Guess I have to quote everything from now on or lazy people who didn't actually read the posts will just get confused. :wall:

I actually think that the game looks interesting and is the reason that I'm choosing to give it a chance, pending some more research about it before making my final decision. And I'm not on the Capcom-hating bandwagon, so I'm not so quick to dismiss it just because it's from them. I do agree that they are probably one of worst, if not THE worst, offender(s) when it comes to re-releasing things and making your original purchase null and void. But I haven't experienced that too much with them on the games that I choose, however it's probably greatly due to the fact that I'm not into fighters. :-#

Posted Image

#104 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:15 AM

showing $69.99 at checkout. I will wait and grab it for $39.99. I have every other RE game.

#105 Ja7Red

Ja7Red

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

:lol: Someone just recently heard of video games OR they don't understand what a fad is OR that's just plain ol' sarcasm. Been loving co-op since Double Dragon, Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Bad Dudes, Battle Toads, TMNT and all the other fun beat em ups from back in the day. Not to mention all the fun co-op shooters like Contra, 1942, etc. Can't get enough of co-op. In fact I'm disappointed in games like Skyrim for not having it at all. I want to slay dragons with friends and show them my awesome loot as well as trade it with them like in Diablo. There is no good excuse for not having co-op these days with online gaming. It shouldn't be a forced element, but it should be available. Zombie hunting w/ friends is a great way to kill time. Why else would Left 4 Dead and Call of Duty Zombie mode be so successful? Hopefully this game is good. I love the idea and hope to see more like it.

#106 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

showing $69.99 at checkout. I will wait and grab it for $39.99. I have every other RE game.

Thanks for the info.

#107 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

From the looks of the new trailer, no

Yeah I saw the trailer not long after posting. If they can still preserve the horror elements and make a decent action horror like RE4, then that's fine.

Still, since the series is going in a more action oriented direction, I'm actually more interested in Raccoon City.

#108 nigma

nigma

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

awesome! thank a lot, buying now Posted Image

#109 ztjackson

ztjackson

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Canceled my order, Resident evil 6 in November.