Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Special Edition for $59.99 @ Amazon (DEAD)

RussellC

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0061YG0QW/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

$10 off right now. Release Date Delivery for 99 cents available.

Edit: Other upcoming Capcom games now have the option for Release Date Delivery, so update your orders.

Update: PS3 version is not available as of 10:30 PM ET/7:30 PM PT on 1/17/12.

Update #2: The deal is dead as of 4:29 AM ET/1:29 AM PT on 1/21/12. PS3 version still not available.

Last edited by a moderator:
This showed up in my gold box for $66.xx , and I thought that was a good price. Thanks OP, time to reorder and cancel the other one. Don't want to take a chance of it going back up, and dealing with amazon CS for the difference.

Edit: Anyone know the difference from SE and LE. My original order is called SE.

[quote name='trunks982']im just wondering if its going to be good or not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm gonna rent this before I gamble $60 on it. I really hope it's good though with Left 4 Dead 3 never happening.

[quote name='immortalfireboy']"Item(s) Subtotal: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$11.90"

WTF? I can't figure out what the promotion is for.[/QUOTE]

You probably have $11.90 credit, which automatically applied. You may be able to take that off and use it later by going into your payment options.

In regards to the game being made by slant six.... I agreed with that comment till June of last year. I got to play the game at E3 and Comic Con, and going into it was fearing the worst since it was made by Slant Six.... I was wrong. I hated the Socom game they made, and wanted nothing to do with this one. Long story short I probably played it 5 times total at e3, and loved every minute of it. It felt like a hybrid of Gears of War and Left 4 Dead. As far as the 4 player co op went, it was insane and never a moment when there was nothing to shoot at. I'm hoping Amazon sends out the costume pre order bonus like Best Buy and gamestop.

[quote name='Sizu']You probably have $11.90 credit, which automatically applied. You may be able to take that off and use it later by going into your payment options.[/QUOTE]

Oh man you're right.
Does amazon post your gaming credit anywhere? It's not under gift card balance :/

Ordered without RDD.

Hopefully they release a demo or Redbox has it to rent before Amazon ships FSS.

i pre ordered my copy but chose Free Delivery. Will Amazon let me change it to Release Day Delivery later on before game is released?

I'm afraid to give Capcom my money on a first release after getting burned by Marvel vs Capcom 3. They are notorious for rereleases. I think I'll wait for some reviews and a friendlier price (around $30) or some rerelease with DLC and all these other extras they magically exclude from the first release.

What's the deal with the extra 6-costume USS pre-order pack that used to be listed even on the SE page on Amazon? Best Buy and Gamestop still list it as a pre-order bonus for the SE, so it's not actually included, unlike the extra weapons, correct?

[quote name='nypickle']I'm afraid to give Capcom my money on a first release after getting burned by Marvel vs Capcom 3. They are notorious for rereleases. I think I'll wait for some reviews and a friendlier price (around $30) or some rerelease with DLC and all these other extras they magically exclude from the first release.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, they even re-released Resident Evil 5. Lets not talk about how often RE 1-4 have been re-released. I shall wait.

Nice deal.

Answered my own question. If anyone already had this preordered you already get this lower price.

Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

[quote name='xewndar1']i pre ordered my copy but chose Free Delivery. Will Amazon let me change it to Release Day Delivery later on before game is released?[/QUOTE]
Yes, in your account you can change delivery speed at any time.

[quote name='splintercell']What's the deal with the extra 6-costume USS pre-order pack that used to be listed even on the SE page on Amazon? Best Buy and Gamestop still list it as a pre-order bonus for the SE, so it's not actually included, unlike the extra weapons, correct?[/QUOTE]

Hmm it's listed in the alternate picture but not on the page anywhere. Tempted to get this since it's the same price as standard version. Don't care about extra guns and costumes but idiots on Ebay do. :D

EDIT: went ahead and ordered with RDD, first non iPhone game purchase of 2012. :)

Someone explain the Slant Six hate? I'm not sure where that's stemming from (ie what games they made that were shit) and I'm on my phone so doing the googling won't be a valid option atm

[quote name='joshnorm']Someone explain the Slant Six hate? I'm not sure where that's stemming from (ie what games they made that were shit) and I'm on my phone so doing the googling won't be a valid option atm[/QUOTE]

Figured it was just angry game nerds as usual but wikipedia says they made SOCOM: Confrontation and a couple SOCOM psp games before this.

RE5 was ok but I knew nothing would top 4.

Good looking out. I was going to preorder this a couple weeks ago, but it didn't have release day delivery. Now it has RDD and a $10 discount. Sold!

@Joshnorm, the Slant 6 hate is for their work on SOCOM: Confrontation. It was released with a TON of bugs and didn't function correctly until almost a year after release.

[quote name='joshnorm']Someone explain the Slant Six hate? I'm not sure where that's stemming from (ie what games they made that were shit) and I'm on my phone so doing the googling won't be a valid option atm[/QUOTE]
They've made 5 SOCOM games, 4 of them varying from average to abysmal. The last one, Tactical Strike, is the exception & plays like a RTS/TPS hybrid. Of course, the 3 Fireteam Bravo games being bad isn't their fault, it's just putting shooters on a handheld where aiming is handled by BUTTONS or a flimsy analog stick, is laughable.

Point still stands though, Slant Six isn't known for quality & not like Zipper could've done any better; 1 & 2 were the only worthwhile SOCOM games, the franchise has been on a jagged rockslide since.

[quote name='$hady']Figured it was just angry game nerds as usual but wikipedia says they made SOCOM: Confrontation and a couple SOCOM psp games before this. [/QUOTE]
What a surprise, you have no personal experience with them so you call naysayers "nerds". You are aware you're on a video game site, correct? Do you go to KKK meetings & call everyone skinheads? =\

[quote name='trunks982']im just wondering if its going to be good or not.[/QUOTE]
Resident Evil hasn't been good since 4, hell it's not even the same franchise anymore =\

I will definitely be renting this one first. If I like it, I'll snag it down the road for $20 at most probably.

BTW, this game doesn't have split screen of any kind, so that was a major factor in my decision to hold off.

[quote name='immortalfireboy']Oh man you're right.
Does amazon post your gaming credit anywhere? It's not under gift card balance :/[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can see it unless you add something to cart and see the credit in the payment options or the promo discount before submitting your order.

[quote name='spauldingfan']In regards to the game being made by slant six.... I agreed with that comment till June of last year. I got to play the game at E3 and Comic Con, and going into it was fearing the worst since it was made by Slant Six.... I was wrong. I hated the Socom game they made, and wanted nothing to do with this one. Long story short I probably played it 5 times total at e3, and loved every minute of it. It felt like a hybrid of Gears of War and Left 4 Dead. As far as the 4 player co op went, it was insane and never a moment when there was nothing to shoot at.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. How is it compared to Mercenaries mode in RE4/5? I really enjoyed those and the 3DS game.

[quote name='Sizu']I don't think you can see it unless you add something to cart and see the credit in the payment options or the promo discount before submitting your order.[/QUOTE]

Not so, there is a way to see your GC balance as well as all your promotional balance. It is in an odd place to be sure.

Basically go to any MP3 Download such as this one. On the right side under where you can purchase the album you'll see "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance". Simply click that and it'll show you what you have. But just so you know it breaks it down section by section. For example I have a general $10 credit on my account. The method I described shows me as having $10 in each category because the $10 I have can be used on anything amazon sells.

Thanks. Looking forward to it and I kinda wanted the SE. Maybe I'll cancel before hand, but it's nice to have it locked in at the MSRP of the regular version.

I'm a sucker for steelbooks, but I don't know about this game. Videos of it look "ok" but I don't think it's worth $60.

[quote name='pacino408']In for one also updated my revelations to RDD, thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Seen this mentioned a few times already in this thread... What exactly is RDD?

With Max Payne delayed until May, I guess I'll go for this then. I'll get it on the PS3 knowing that the online community will be bigger thanks to Japan's population on the PS3.

bread's done
Back