Photo
- - - - -

Toys R Us Skylanders Adventure Pack Darklight Crypt $14.99 YMMV?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

So I just came back from Toys R Us and before anyone asks, yes I caved and did buy Skylanders. Anyway, when I was there I grabbed the two packs they had left and the Darklight Crypt pack rung up as on sale for $14.99 until 01/21/12.

Don't know if it varies by store or not but it isn't on sale on their website.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#2 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

I saw the signs for this in store, but they were sold out at mine

#3 powercreep

powercreep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

So, it's not a scam anymore? ;p

#4 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

So, it's not a scam anymore? ;p

I know right? I love all of these people being turned into hypocrites by this game. Too funny.

#5 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

I know right? I love all of these people being turned into hypocrites by this game. Too funny.

Shaddap, I still think it's lame that I have to buy toys for it but I'll probably enjoy the game anyway.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#6 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

Shaddap, I still think it's lame that I have to buy toys for it

That's the scam: Thinking you have to buy more to play it completely. You can 1,000-point the game on just the starter pack.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#7 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

That's the scam: Thinking you have to buy more to play it completely. You can 1,000-point the game on just the starter pack.

I know that but once you get the starter pack, you're hooked like Pokemon and you need them all. :booty:

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#8 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

Don't think this is YMMV. I saw this at my store in Tucson, Arizona this morning and picked it up. There's probably a reason no one's buying it but for $14.99 why not?
Posted Image

#9 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

Saw it for $15 at my TRU.
Also tons of Eruptor, Chop Chop, Bash and Zap, Hex, Dino Rag triple packs.

#10 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

Shaddap, I still think it's lame that I have to buy toys for it but I'll probably enjoy the game anyway.

Or maybe next time, you should think before calling stuff a scam. That way, people won't give you shit when you turn hypocrite and buy it.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#11 DonWii

DonWii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

It was listed as 15 at one store, but regular at the other. The 15 one was sold out. The regular was stocked with 20 of them.

#12 xRemnant

xRemnant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

Saw it for $15 at my TRU.
Also tons of Eruptor, Chop Chop, Bash and Zap, Hex, Dino Rag triple packs.

lucky. I really wish my local Toys R Us had adventure pack in stock. I want to use my 10% cash back R Us Dollars.

#13 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

lucky. I really wish my local Toys R Us had adventure pack in stock. I want to use my 10% cash back R Us Dollars.

You may want to read the fine print on those 10% R Us Dollars. Anything you earned in December cannot be used on any videogame merchandise...so buy some toys or other stuff while you can.

#14 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

You may want to read the fine print on those 10% R Us Dollars. Anything you earned in December cannot be used on any videogame merchandise...so buy some toys or other stuff while you can.

I think others have reported that the Skylanders figures and three packs ring up ok with the R Us Dollars as they are considered by the computer not to be video games or video game accessories.

#15 DonWii

DonWii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:12 AM

I think others have reported that the Skylanders figures and three packs ring up ok with the R Us Dollars as they are considered by the computer not to be video games or video game accessories.

Must be YMMV becaue they did not work for me. Had $5. Spent it on 25 M&M mini tubes. 90% off Christmas clearance FTW!

#16 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

Or maybe next time, you should think before calling stuff a scam. That way, people won't give you shit when you turn hypocrite and buy it.

Everyone's a hypocrite at some point in their life, you'll get over it.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#17 The Questyen

The Questyen

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

Yeah, every Toysrus I've gone to over the last two weeks has it marked at $14.99.

Now Playing: Dead Space Extraction (Wii) / The Swapper (PS4)

Recently Finished:  Vessel (PS3) C- / Metroid Prime (replay) (Wii) A / The Walking Dead Season 2: Ep 4 (PS3) A-

#18 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Great now if only TRU had them in stock. All mine has are 3 packs : (

#19 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

Is the Pirate Seas Adventure Pack on sale in-store also? (If they have it in stock, of course)