http://www.escapistm...LC-Will-be-Free

#272 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

http://www.escapistm...LC-Will-be-Free

"It's nothin', it's nothin'" - Wiz Khalifa

That new difficulty had better come with achievements though.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#273 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'm guessing new difficulty will obviously has some kind of twist. Knife only mode?
I hope it isn't a die in one hit mode.

#274 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

On the contrary, I started his campaign yesterday and was playing as Sherry for the first two chapters. Got to love the shock baton.

If you do a swing with the baton and hold down Right trigger, Sherry will charge it up, making it more powerful, especially from behind. There's an achievement for getting 10 kills with it. I unfortunately assumed the triple hit combo she did with it was the charged attack, and did not realize about the charge attack until near the end of her campaign. Other people may have already figured this out, but just in case.

Also, from what Ada says about Chrysalids not liking electricity, can Sherry kill them in the cocoon with her shock baton?
--
Jake's special ending seemed more like
Spoiler
Spoiler

--
And I cannot get an A rank with Ada in Mercenaries. I just need to unlock her final outfit for all the characters, but I just can't keep the combo running with her weak weapon selection.

Edited by The Ebbtide, 11 October 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#275 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

If you read the summaries for the chapters on Resident Evil.net, they seem to tell an oddly different ending for Leon's campaign, specifically about the boss battles.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#276 rpg

rpg

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

I don't see achievements or trophies for this because its free.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#277 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Ada having the best campaign? Throw up on yourselves. Complaining about Leon's last boss being tedious seems so arbitrary after playing through her shit.

Chris > Leon (Chapter 1 is the best part of this entire game) > Jake > Agent Hunt > Options Menu > "Waiting for Partner Screen" > Post Campaign Credit Scroll > L+R QTE Climbs > Ada

#278 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

I don't see achievements or trophies for this because its free.

It's a shame more games don't have those free zero point achievements like Kameo did. But since Microsoft only allows achievements on paid DLC, I guess even zero point achievements are excluded? It would just add replayability to so many games if game studios could do this to their games.

#279 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

Sherry in a medical gown amirighguys?

#280 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Sherry in a medical gown amirighguys?

You ain't never lie.

#281 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

A friend linked me to this interview with the developers and I thought it was pretty interesting. Only view it once you have completed all 4 campaigns though, since there are massive spoilers embedded within.

I finished the game recently and played through all 4 Campaigns on Professional (Co-Op), while throwing in some Mercenaries runs in between. I have to admit, I like this game quite a bit. I was a bit hesitant when I picked it up on release day, but now that I have a better understanding of all the mechanics, I am content with this release.

I posted my initial impressions when I was about 3 Chapters in on Chris' Campaign, and the only issues that remained the same for me were the inventory management and the lack of a weapon upgrade system. Other than that, I had a blast playing through this entire game; with the exception of Ada's Campaign. I never had any issues in terms of ammo being scarce, if anything, red herbs seemed to be almost non-existent. Oh and the baseball slide into reverse back slide is an awesome technique to use on enemies when done right.

I cannot stress enough how crucial it is to play this game cooperatively, since it honestly feels like a different game when playing single player. I guess the majority of people are expecting this game to hit $30 for Black Friday, but I thoroughly enjoyed this game to say the least.
Posted Image

#282 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

I'm watching the video Ma12. I agree the inventory system sucked. I kept having to drop health items or use nades just to make room for ammo.
I wish they did a straight up narrative I don't even know who the bad guys were besides
Spoiler
and why were they doing what they were doing.

#283 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

I need to finish Ada wong's campaign. I keep turning off my xbox on the first chapter whenever I get caught.

#284 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

I've been doing the same thing. :lol:

I wonder if it's even possible to not get caught.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#285 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

I think so you just need to learn the patterns. I can go up to the part when you crawl under the crawlspace the second time which is like 7-8 NEO-UMBRELLA dudes in. Also you can use RT attacks to kill them all if you're close enough the RT button will pop up for an instant kill but you probably knew that.

#286 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

Is there a point to not getting caught?

#287 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

Is there a point to not getting caught?

lol nope. Just doing it for kicks I don't know why I even care about not getting caught but I just restart every time I do it really does annoy me I can't get this past this for some reason.

#288 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

I just finished playing through Chris' campaign as him on professional and am greatly disappointed.
Spoiler

All video games should be reviewed based on their highest difficulty, as that's where the flaws are most glaring. After having played that part, I would definitely agree with the negative reviews because of how miserable a time I had with that section. It's really ruined my view of the game.

After watching that posted video, I'm glad they mentioned that they finished it as quickly and cheaply as possible, as it doesn't feel complete to me. Ada's campaign might have been better if we had actually been playing as
Spoiler

I've read the files, but that's a perfect example of how incomplete this game is. I have to read secondary texts that I can only get if I find Serpent emblems within the game to actually understand what was going on, slightly. What's the point of the game if I have to read additional content to actually get what occurred?

#289 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

lol nope. Just doing it for kicks I don't know why I even care about not getting caught but I just restart every time I do it really does annoy me I can't get this past this for some reason.

Yes, it is possible to not get caught in that first section of Chapter 1. From what I understand, the crossbow she has is considered "silent" (not the exploding ones of course), so as long as you aim for head shots it is usually a one hit kill. There are exceptions though, like the ones that end up mutating, but they are few and far between. It doesn't matter if you get caught it Chapter 1, but since you basically start off with no decent weapon to defend yourself with it is advisable to try and go the silent route with stealth take downs and head shots (especially in professional). You will run really low on ammo if you go the guns blazing route. The Mac-10/TMP is basically useless throughout her entire campaign; although it'd probably do good in Normal.

I'll admit, I tried that beginning section multiple times and it was a little frustrating since stealth doesn't really mesh well with the control scheme and camera angles, but it is doable. There is a section later in the campaign where not getting caught unlocks an achievement if you care about that kind of thing. I think it's around Chapter 4.

Ada's Campaign is probably the most difficult and least favorite campaign for me as she never really gets a good all-around weapon when compared to the other playable characters in the game. Hearing her talk to herself with all those "clever" one liners gets annoying quick, as is with all the crawling she does. Maybe it's Capcom's way of fan service or something, but they at least could have given her a pistol instead.
Posted Image

#290 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

I just finished playing through Chris' campaign as him on professional and am greatly disappointed.

Spoiler

Sorry to hear that. I couldn't imagine playing that section with the AI until I read that post. I honestly think the AI in this game is worst than Sheva. At least she would relentlessly kick the shit out of any enemy at the expense of your ammo, but in this game the majority of the time the AI just stands there and looks even though they have infinite ammo. I wouldn't wish for anyone to play this game alone, so if you need help just ask in this thread.

All video games should be reviewed based on their highest difficulty, as that's where the flaws are most glaring. After having played that part, I would definitely agree with the negative reviews because of how miserable a time I had with that section. It's really ruined my view of the game.

After watching that posted video, I'm glad they mentioned that they finished it as quickly and cheaply as possible, as it doesn't feel complete to me. Ada's campaign might have been better if we had actually been playing as

Spoiler

I've read the files, but that's a perfect example of how incomplete this game is. I have to read secondary texts that I can only get if I find Serpent emblems within the game to actually understand what was going on, slightly. What's the point of the game if I have to read additional content to actually get what occurred?

I agree with basically everything you said and I have read all those files as well. I do feel that the game was rushed to probably coincide with the release of that new Resident Evil movie that has nothing to do with the main canon. However, you've got to remember that they most likely held out on most of the things you're questioning about as DLC. I dislike DLC as much as anyone else on these forums does, but that's just the way it is now. Seems like we're shelling out $100 to get the full experience for any game that is released today. It's either that, or wait 6 months to a year for the GOTY.
Posted Image

#291 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

One of the few times I'm glad I threw health away over ammo was Chris' final boss. That would have been really really hard if I didn't have 42 rounds of each ammo grenade launcher type.

Yes Ada's crossbow is silent and also one hit kill IF NOT detected once the alarm goes off melee or get headshots as it becomes pretty useless -- grenade bow the exception.

#292 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

I really wish that Capcom broke up the chapters more, especially with the crossover sections. The double Ogroman battle with Chris and Piers & Sherry and Jake is my favorite part of this game. I wish I could just jump into a four player version of that as frequently as I wanted. It's, personally, the best crossover section as it potentially has two bosses, along with J'avo around to battle, and an objective to accomplish.

If they made an extreme battle mode, where you had to go through these crossover sections without skills and on higher difficulties, that would be interesting. It could also be frustrating and lame because it would require an online community available (and for them to be competent), but it would be fun to race for time trials in them.

Also,
Spoiler

Is anybody trying to get all the medals and titles? I haven't even started with Agent Hunt mode, but I'm hearing that it's being exploited by players with infinite magnum ammo, so you really can't win, and in most cases you won't get any credit added to your titles because the game mode has to finish; either through you killing the agents, or the agents completing the chapter (section?).

#293 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Also,

Spoiler

I actually never thought about that, but that's a good assumption and most likely the route they'll be going for in terms of DLC.

Is anybody trying to get all the medals and titles? I haven't even started with Agent Hunt mode, but I'm hearing that it's being exploited by players with infinite magnum ammo, so you really can't win, and in most cases you won't get any credit added to your titles because the game mode has to finish; either through you killing the agents, or the agents completing the chapter (section?).

Yeah, there is no option to search for games without infinite ammo switched on. It was more fun in the first 2 weeks since the majority of people didn't have it unlocked yet, but now you're in a total disadvantage when playing as the Zombies/J'avo. I'll admit that playing on Professional with Agent Hunt on and no inifinite ammo does add a bit of tension while campaigning.

On a side note, according to the manual, it is possible to share/trade items with your partner...in split-screen co-op.:wall:
Posted Image

#294 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

I'm half way done with Ada chapter 4 I will beat this game before AC3 comes out by the gods!

I wish RE 7 has a story I don't know what's really going on besides surviving. Every campaign is just about surviving and fighting some random boss in the end.

#295 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

I've never played umbrealla chronicles before and just came across this on youtube. The cutscenes look awesome

#296 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Yeah, there is no option to search for games without infinite ammo switched on. It was more fun in the first 2 weeks since the majority of people didn't have it unlocked yet, but now you're in a total disadvantage when playing as the Zombies/J'avo.

On a side note, according to the manual, it is possible to share/trade items with your partner...in split-screen co-op.:wall:

I have read a few people suggest that it'd be much better if you could have Agent Hunt in Mercenaries mode. That might make more sense there as the intense nature and respawning enemies would make for more frantic situations. I guess it could be abused by people to get higher scores off their friends with them intentionally playing poorly as creatures, but the leaderboards are modded anyway so that doesn't seem to matter anymore.

And I guess the split screen sharing is done more for the Playstation 3's benefit? You can't have more than one profile active on that system for most games, so player two might not have access to the skills player 1 could have. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. At least player 1 could share extra ammo or supplies to their split-screen partner to help them along.

It's probably done more because of how people exploited sharing (like the infinite golden eggs and rotten eggs in Resident Evil 5), and this probably prevents that sort of exploit, while also hindering mutual sharing when played online.

#297 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

If the items only show up once while playing split screen then that makes sense that you can share. You'd always be out of ammo otherwise and it would always be a race to see who would get to the ammo first.

#298 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Boob physics. Because yes.

Spoiler

#299 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

What is this... I don't even.

Boob physics. Because yes.

You ain't never lie too.

Needs more Helena though since she's the only one with a fantastic ass.

#300 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Sherry's is pretty damn good in that scene after the hospital when the camera zooms right up to it while she's crawling.

On another note, Leon's romantic interests now could be written as Claire, Ada, President's daughter from RE 4, the sherriff lady from Degeneration, and Helena, right?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png