337 replies to this topic

#301 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Considering
Spoiler
does Helena even still count? She kind of pulled his card after the second Wong sighting anyway and friend zoned herself midway through the campaign.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#302 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Soooo... is there a lot of
Spoiler
in Chris's campaign or just this little bit in the beginning? It's a bitch to catch the second one playing solo since you can't effectively surround it (the AI partner just follows you everywhere). Open to suggestions.

MildObstruction.png

#303 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Capcom seems to be pushing more for ada/leon. Even in that new resident evil CGI movie they mention a time they almost fucked but got interrupted.

#304 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Yeah. They were definitely shoving an Adamance down our throats in Leon's campaign. Same with the Partnermance of Chris & Jill in RE5.

Pete: Grenade spam, Shotgun spam, camp it out in one of the main hallways and set the AI to aggressively target it by hard aiming + 'B' I believe. Just don't quote me on the exact command as I haven't played this in a while so experimentation may be necessary if no one corrects me. You can rest easy though knowing that part is contained in that chapter.

#305 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

I don't remember it being that bad with jill and chris. Sure chris spent 2 games searching for her but they didn't swap make up mirrors or anything.

#306 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

I was going to trade this in, but I am still enjoying it. Especially playing Mercenaries.

#307 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Soooo... is there a lot of

Spoiler
in Chris's campaign or just this little bit in the beginning? It's a bitch to catch the second one playing solo since you can't effectively surround it (the AI partner just follows you everywhere). Open to suggestions.

Which character are you? When I was playing professional I had a slightly easier time with Chris here. I just ran after the spider and when he would come past me I would repeatedly quick shot it.

The difficulty I had with Piers is that his sniper rifle would somehow miss, even though it should be a one shot quick shot. His assault rifle was always on single shot for me, so you could try switching it to automatic for that section.

And if you know the spider-man is around a corner, waiting for you to chase, you can try to throw a frag grenade off the wall to see if it can hit them, they way they don't flee from you getting too close.

#308 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

I was going to trade this in, but I am still enjoying it. Especially playing Mercenaries.

I feel the same way. I can get $40 for it from Amazon with the locked in trade-in value, but I'm actually enjoying this game, and questing for titles. I'm almost debating canceling my order for Halo 4, as I really don't need a new game to play.

#309 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...update-incoming

Update is coming in mid-december @_@ why not sooner?
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#310 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

I feel the same way. I can get $40 for it from Amazon with the locked in trade-in value, but I'm actually enjoying this game, and questing for titles. I'm almost debating canceling my order for Halo 4, as I really don't need a new game to play.

I like the game too but if I could get $40 I would have. When was the TIV $40 BTW? I check at least every other day and have not seen it higher than $20

#311 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...update-incoming

Update is coming in mid-december @_@ why not sooner?

They're still working on it?

Were people complaining about having to unlock Ada's campaign? Seems like an odd thing to change.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#312 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

They're still working on it?

Were people complaining about having to unlock Ada's campaign? Seems like an odd thing to change.

theres a camera fix coming in the update also, so u can adjust the camera so its not so zoomed on your character
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#313 mrcheeses

mrcheeses

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

Im waiting for Ada campaign to go co-op. I could care less about a camera fix since i haven't had any problems. I DO want new mercenaries maps though.

#314 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

I like the game too but if I could get $40 I would have. When was the TIV $40 BTW? I check at least every other day and have not seen it higher than $20

Sorry, I should have specified that I have the Archives edition. Though I think GameStop is/was giving $40 for any edition if you traded it in towards the purchase of a new game (or maybe it was a pre-order?).

You're probably right that it's worth it for me to get rid of it now, then hold out for a cheaper Gold/Ultra/Awesome Edition with the DLC and updates released. Especially since I didn't think it would take until December for that update. I was hoping it'd be closer to Halloween.

#315 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

Are they not planning DLC for this game? If its gonna take until december to release on disc dlc how long will other DLC take?

I was surprised this game didn't have a season pass now I see why I guess. Then again if capcom releases dlc for this game bitchfests occur OMG DLC THIS EARLY.

Sorry, I should have specified that I have the Archives edition. Though I think GameStop is/was giving $40 for any edition if you traded it in towards the purchase of a new game (or maybe it was a pre-order?).

Nah I'll just hold onto it. I don't hate the game but I played RE5 more than 6 and had more fun with 5 though. :/

#316 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Seriously. I honestly don't understand why anyone would complain about it. It's on par with paying for a movie ticket then demanding the theater skip straight to the ending scenes of the film ten minutes into it. There's good reason it was the last campaign.

Im waiting for Ada campaign to go co-op.

There's more than enough intersecting co-op segments in it for Capcom to comfortably write off those requests. A full time partner also wouldn't make much sense considering the campaign's focus and direction.
Spoiler

#317 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

There's more than enough intersecting co-op segments in it for Capcom to comfortably write off those requests. A full time partner also wouldn't make much sense considering the campaign's focus and direction.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#318 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#319 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

I figured a good chunk was in the serpent emblems.

Thank you I don't mind reading for story line its just gonna be a pain in the ass to find all the emblems now. The way RE 6 ended on Ada's story it seemed like Jake was channeling a little dante. He pulls his gun out and says some shitty one liner before going into battle with monsters. Imagine RE7 DMC style. ^_^

#320 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

Ditto. I live off subtitles and codex entries so naturally the way Capcom handled the latter royally pissed me off. I loathe collectables in video games especially those tied to achievements. Same with clicking on articles only to find a thousand videos plastered when text is so much faster to absorb. I think I have like maybe a little over 35 of the 80 emblems found and probably won't go for the rest until worthwhile DLC campaigns show up. It's such an unnecessary time sink IMO.

#321 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

I thought the serpent storyline was

Spoiler

#322 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

You can get $40 for it at Bestbuy as well.

#323 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Which character are you? When I was playing professional I had a slightly easier time with Chris here. I just ran after the spider and when he would come past me I would repeatedly quick shot it.

The difficulty I had with Piers is that his sniper rifle would somehow miss, even though it should be a one shot quick shot. His assault rifle was always on single shot for me, so you could try switching it to automatic for that section.

And if you know the spider-man is around a corner, waiting for you to chase, you can try to throw a frag grenade off the wall to see if it can hit them, they way they don't flee from you getting too close.

Thanks for the info - I foolishly thought you could actually hurt the hostage and so I was busy trying to aim and avoiding grenades, I clearly forgot I was playing a video game. Piers's non-sniper quick shot and a little luck got me through it quickly this morning and on to chapter 2.

I miss the zombies, they felt like more fun than the j'avo.

MildObstruction.png

#324 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

Damn unlimited ammo takes up a skill space? The faq.

Gonna go serpent emblem hunting tomorrow with helena and her trusty side kick.

#325 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

Sad fact of the matter is Helena is the only reason I miss playing Leon's campaign.

...The only one.

Although Infinite Wing Shooters might be fun. Still doesn't quite compare to DAT THICKNESS though. Oh, and on a totally unrelated note I'd like to punch in the junk whomever is responsible for making cutscenes a requirement for chapter completion. Especially when the chapter I'm missing is one of the longest ever because of it (Chris - 3).

So. Fucking. Stupid.

#326 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

I think someone asked earlier, but just wanted to confirm - the stun rod can destroy cocoons. Takes a bunch of hits, but it is possible to go fast enough to break them before they hatch.

That is all.

MildObstruction.png

#327 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

I want new DLC!! GOGOGOGO

#328 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Word. Where the hell is that damn patch they promised us anyway? Some alternate campaign costumes would be welcome as well. Something Safari Chris epic is a good start.

#329 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

Next month. No hope mode I assume is gonna be like professional difficulty with no downs.

#330 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

If anyone's interested in rumor fun:

Resident Evil Revelations rated for 360, ps3 in Korea

MildObstruction.png