Resident Evil 6 - Out Now!

At this point I almost wish RE4 never happened because everything after is a disappointment. Is it me or do the graphics look kind of bad? The gameplay looks like it is run and gun too. Hopefully I'm wrong and this game is awesome...

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I was just about to make a thread for this. Day one, nothing less. Guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Looks outstanding.

Yep. It's also a win-win situation for me regardless of how they intend to approach the gameplay. I've always been a fan of the series and RE5 provided me with one of the best co-op experiences I could possibly ask for on the 360. I'm very eager to hear more in the future.

RE5 gave me one of the greatest things in co-op this generation. The nagging button. So yes, I look forward to this and hope co-op makes a return as well.

Honestly if it's anything like 5 (forced co-op, emphasis on action, cover-based shooting against zombies with guns) I don't think I even care anymore.

EDIT: Oh, ugh. The trailer looked GREAT until the beefed-up military guys showed up, then it progessively looked worse and worse.

To be fair the cover-based shooting against zombies with guns really wasn't until the second half and even then a good portion of the zombies were still slowly creeping up at you to bash you with a melee weapon.

And I pray we don't get the Chinese bitching about how were killing Chinese zombies now.

Jeez. How many story lines are they trying to cramp in there? It seems like it's part RE1-3 with the Leon story line, and part RE4-5 with the Chris story line.

Nevertheless, I'll buy this day one.

RE5 was still good, in a different way. At the time, I was doubting whether or not a RE coop game would work. It did.

I look forward to this, knowing that it won't likely be like the older games.

I've been an on-again, off-again RE fan. But, that game right there looks f'ing epic! Wow. Definitely one to watch and it makes me want to finally play RE5.

holy crap, that looks awesome!! finally u can move while shooting and a cover system yay!! so we get to play as leon and chris? thats nice!! wasn't that hannigan from re4 talking to leon? graphics look amazing but i really hope this one doesnt get delayed alot like re5 did

Looks fantastic. Part of me wishes it was going to be like classic RE (pretty sure Capcom said RE5 would be the last RE like that, guess not) but the other part of me remembers that I had one of the best co-op experiences ever with RE5 with friends that I beat at least 5 times.

I'll probably get it
on Wii U

I dunno...it just looks like they've gone further away from survival horror and more towards Gears of War.

Also, a prediction:
Sheva's an evil bitch

*sigh*

I dunno, I was incredibly excited for RE5 and while I've come to terms with it, and even enjoy it a bit now, it still felt like a let down after RE4.

I think I'll wait until the inevitable GOTY/Gold edition this time. Barring some reviews that elevate it above what 5 was.

Impressions:

*Resident Evil 4-5 meets Gears of War.
*Ashley returns with shorter hair.
*Leon returns with a double chin.
*Chris returns to realistic proportions.

Leon's 3rd Game, Chris' 3rd Game, but they're gonna have to dig up a new villain since Wesker bit it in RE5. Perhaps the fabled return of Steve Burnside from Code Veronica?

Also, Capcom went out of their way to write up the "global anti-bioterrorism / BSAA" storyline, but so far we've only seen the Leon/Ada and Chris/Jill matchups from RE History. You'd think they'd at least show us what Rebecca Chambers, Claire Redfield, or even Barry Burton have been up to (are they supporting the BSAA? Raising kids at home? Dead?)

For those keeping score at home, as far as I know, the official canon is:
Resident Evil 0: Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen survive.
Resident Evil 1: Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Barry Burton, Rebecca Chambers, Brad Vickers, and Albert Wesker survive.
Resident Evil 2: Leon Kennedy, Claire Redfield, Ada Wong, and Sherry Birkin survive. Brad Vickers dies.
Resident Evil 3: Jill Valentine and Carlos Oliveira survive. Barry Burton rescues them.
Resident Evil CV: Chris Redfield, Claire Redfield, and Albert Wesker survive. Steve Burnside dies?
Resident Evil 4: Leon Kennedy, Ada Wong, and Ashley Graham survive.
Resident Evil 5: Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, and Sheva Alomar survive. Albert Wesker dies.
Resident Evil 6: Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy, Ada Wong, and Ashley Graham return.

~HotShotX

Would've almost certainly been a day 1 purchase no matter what, but considering that the Leon part of the story seems to have a bit of that old RE feel to it, I might have to steal a copy prior to release...

[quote name='HotShotX']
*Chris returns to realistic proportions.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that one.

As far as the villain goes, I get the impression that it's a good girl turned rogue. And since Ashley apparently doesn't have Secret Service anymore (because they're dumbasses) I'm going to have to say either Sheva, Claire or Jill considering the person seems to be close to Chris. So out of those 3, I'm going to have to go with Sheva, because of how 5 ended.

[quote name='HotShotX']
Perhaps the fabled return of Steve Burnside from Code Veronica?[/QUOTE]

I'd love if that happened. I hate how they never went back to that.

[quote name='HotShotX']

Also, Capcom went out of their way to write up the "global anti-bioterrorism / BSAA" storyline, but so far we've only seen the Leon/Ada and Chris/Jill matchups from RE History. You'd think they'd at least show us what Rebecca Chambers, Claire Redfield, or even Barry Burton have been up to (are they supporting the BSAA? Raising kids at home? Dead?)
[/QUOTE]
If we're to believe the small viral shorts they did for Resident Evil 5 then Claire Redfield is still alive since they had her doing target practice alongside Chris.

Wow! This has me motivated to finish RE 0, start REmake, start RE 4, and start RE 5. Finished RE:Director's Cut, RE 2, RE 3, and RE: Code Veronica.

wait.... this game takes place in 2008? So in the order of things, it takes place BEFORE RE5 (since that takes place in 2009)..so we won't get Sheva.

It has me wanting to play the old ones again and get caught up on the games. The only thing is the last time I played I couldn't get into it and have went to Silent Hill.

xboxlistingre6coop.png

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/22/xbox-marketplace-re6-features-6-player-online-co-op-8-player-o/

6 Player Online Co-Op, and 8 Player Online Multiplayer....DAYUM!

The more RE goes away from survival horror, the less appealing it gets.

Face it, Dead Space owns RE now. I was hoping Capcom would take note and remind us this time why they are the king of survival horror games ... instead, this looks like Gears of War or Call of Duty, and we don't really need any more of those games.

Ah well, at least there's hopefully Dead Space 3.

[quote name='romeogbs19']The more RE goes away from survival horror, the less appealing it gets.

Face it, Dead Space owns RE now. I was hoping Capcom would take note and remind us this time why they are the king of survival horror games ... instead, this looks like Gears of War or Call of Duty, and we don't really need any more of those games.

Ah well, at least there's hopefully Dead Space 3.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure RE5 shit on DS2 in sales. I don't think DS2 even sold as many copies as the first.

That trailer sold me on the game. I mean I still need to know more about the game, but holy shit that looked amazing.

I still have Resident Evil Revelations on preorder and if that turns out fantastic, then I will be extremely pleased.

6 Player co-op will probably be a Mercenaries type mode, which I can totally get behind. Since nothing in the trailer even hints at 6 players at once for a campaign especially with them confirming the game will be split into different locations per characters.

Also The-Magicbox.com doesn't give a source, but they say Ada Wong will be back in the game as well.

Hope this doesn't mean 6 player QTE or puzzles.

Of course, if one of the sections of the games takes place in DC, they can use the whole Freemasons/Illuminati excuse to add hand cranks.

[quote name='ITDEFX']wait.... this game takes place in 2008? So in the order of things, it takes place BEFORE RE5 (since that takes place in 2009)..so we won't get Sheva.[/QUOTE]

She wasn't born yet?

i was on the xbox live game marketplace the other day and decided to dl the trailer for RE6. in the description for the game, it says it takes place in 2013, ten years after raccoon city. now obviously one part of that is false but im inclined to think the ten years is wrong. it doesnt make much sense for them to go and stick 6 in between 4 and 5.

Being a Resident Evil fan, I'm not sure about this one. Don't get me wrong, I really loved part 4, but ever since they changed the entire story by
having the virus be actually what? Some kind of crazy mutant plant derivative?
And making the Romero-style "zombies" now the "28 days/weeks" fast-moving "zombies" , I feel they've strayed too far away.

I suppose it was inevitable that this thing would cause a global epidemic, and I think I see some kind of return to the Romero-style zombies, but RE5 left me with a bittersweet taste (have not beaten it yet, stuck near the last level, I think in a hangar? with little to no ammo and a crapload of those creatures that remind me of the Chimeras from RE1) especially with
Jill's BLONDE hair? Does Wesker like blondes or something?
that nitpick bothered me a bit but it was nice to see that character.

I guess I just need more information before making a decision on part 6...or I suppose technically, it could be part 8 if you include RE0 and "Code Veronica"

bread's done
Back