Resident Evil 6 - Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#241 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

RE6 is the most disappointing game of 2012 hands down. Capcom please don't make a Resident Evil 7. The legacy of this once great franchise is tarnished enough. Don't completely ruin it with any more sequels.

#242 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

I'm stuck at the train part where you have to kill that dude that turns into a monster on Chapter 4. I have tried over and over to kill that bastard, and have had no luck. If anyone would like to help me complete this, please let me know here and I will add you. Thanks!

I did it solo on vet just jump up back on the train fight him till he drops to his knees press RT repeat 3x

I tried that, but usually by the second time he gets up, I am out of ammo and then I get killed and have to do it all over again. I will give it another shot later though. Wish me luck! LOL

Make sure to remember this. If you're running out of ammo now, you'll have more trouble later in Leon's campaign with the boss in chapter 5.

You're also probably better off trying to keep your AI partner between you and the boss, as that'll save you from getting damaged. And if you've tagged the boss, AI Leon or Helena will fire on them more aggressively.

#243 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

I managed to beat him and complete the Leon campaign. I'm really liking this game. Can't wait to start the next campaign!

#244 mrcheeses

mrcheeses

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

I'm loving Mercenaries a lot. I would pay like 40 bucks for Mercanaries alone. High score so far is 560,000 in the Urban map.

#245 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

God damn... Firearm Lvl. 3 & Critical Hit Lvl. 3 + Piers Sniper = The Business of a Serious Gentleman. I'm doing work on Veteran with it. Headshots, Bodyshots, Boss Shots, Knuckle Puck Shots, you name it.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#246 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

I assume the Mercenaries leaderboards are hacked or modded?

For Piers, if you switch shoulders during his shell ejection for the sniper rifle you skip the animation, allowing you to quick shot it, or snipe, faster. Apparently some people are trying to use this in Mercenaries to see if it can crack higher scores with him. He supposedly is the worst Mercenary character for score.

If people are trying to unlock the alternate costumes from Resident Evil . net, there's a badge for having 1 and 10 site buddies, which would gain you some free points to aid in 'buying' the alternate skins off the site. Just find 10 people to be a site buddy with to do this. The alternate skins are the same as the alternate skins already in the game, just with a slightly different color. They have the same loadouts as well, so they're not essential, just for extra replay value.

#247 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

I was extremely disappointed when I found out the RE.net alternates were Merc exclusive. Since I can only stand the mode in Versus format they are going to collect dust. Unfortunately there isn't much else worth spending points on at the moment so I'll take what I can get.

#248 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Looks like this game has locked DLC. I'm raging so hard right now.

http://www.examiner....ons-says-capcom

#249 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

Capcom will be Capcom. Besides anyone who remembers the bullshit unlock key code for the on disc multiplayer modes of RE5 shouldn't be the least bit surprised by this. I'm certainly not.

#250 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Is this sarcasm? I'm hoping this is sarcasm.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#251 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Is this sarcasm? I'm hoping this is sarcasm.

Yeah it is. I already know how Capcom operates.

#252 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

wait so who is the new character?
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#253 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

If you look in the medals for the game, it has one for beating so many Mercenaries stages. Since 3 come with the game, I have 3 completed. But under my medal it says 3/5 completed, so they definitely held out on a lot of material. I'm fully aware of the 3 pre-order maps, but the medal is only 1 star done, meaning 3 more stars available, which definitely means more than just 6 total maps.

#254 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

wait so who is the new character?

I'm hoping for Claire or Sheva but smart money is on Wesker.

#255 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Too bad...I guess I am waiting for a 2O dollar price drop or some good BF deal :(

#256 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hoping its Jill =]

#257 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

I'm hoping for Claire or Sheva but smart money is on Wesker.

They should just give us a playable Nemesis for Mercs. That'd get me to open my wallet.

#258 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hoping its Jill =]

I wouldn't mind seeing her again if she hadn't made such a substantial appearance in Resident Evil 5. Personally I've had my fill. They seriously need to bring Claire back. They turned Chris into a complete boulder punching badass practically overnight. I'm itching to see what hilariousness Claire is capable of now.

As for Sheva I loved her overall look, demeanor and VA. I was pretty disappointed they kept her out of 6 especially with how bland I found Piers overall. Much like Helena we probably won't hear or see much of them for a while if ever. ;(

They should just give us a playable Nemesis for Mercs. That'd get me to open my wallet.

Ustanak from
Spoiler
campaign sort of already fills that role but it would be nice to see him again.

#259 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

I finished Ada's earlier this evening. I thought it was second only to Jake's in terms of entertainment though

Spoiler
A nice mix between action and stealth though I still find the whole
Spoiler
nonsense a bit too over the top in general.

Basically if you love the idea of Ada
Spoiler
then the campaign is a dream come true. Personally I was just glad I didn't have to deal with anymore rope climbing incidents. The story (though rather poor) comes full circle, Ada's
Spoiler
is my favorite weapon in the game and it had the most entertaining/well balanced four way events of all campaigns.

If I had to rate them overall: Jake (1), Ada (2), Chris (3), Leon (4)

If I had to rate the game as an action title: 8.5

If I had to rate it as an RE sequel: L-O-L.

If had to rate it as a co-op title: 6.0

Finally finished all the campaigns.
Spoiler

Overall the story isn't great. I'd actually give all the campaigns different scores.

Ada (8) > Leon (7) > Chris (6) > Jake (5)

Chris' campaign gets a slight edge over Jake's because of some really fun bosses/moments.

Also, regarding the final cutscene -
Spoiler

#260 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Why doesn't bosses stay dead? I don't remember having to ever repeat a boss battle as much as nemesis like I did in this game.

#261 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

This game has started to wear on me. I didn't play for a few days to recharge. Popped it in earlier ready to go and its becoming more of a chore to make myself want to play then doing it for fun. I'm on Chapter 4 of Jake's Campaign

Spoiler

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#262 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

Did you switch to the secondary fire of the bear commander? You probably had ammo unless you used the explosive rounds before.

#263 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

Did you switch to the secondary fire of the bear commander? You probably had ammo unless you used the explosive rounds before.

I guess I should've tried to fire it. I just saw I had zero ammo and didn't even bother. I was getting very frustrated at that point anyway so I just turned the game off. I'll give it another go next time I fire it up.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#264 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

Were you on secondary fire when you looked at ammo? It's a different ammo indicator for normal and secondary fire, so you gotta be on secondary to see if you have any ammo.

#265 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

I was. It said zero on the bullets...then when I switched i'm almost certain it said zero also.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#266 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

I just started Jake today and I'm really liking his melee attacks. His target run up and melee dash is pretty strong and you can combo with it for pretty much an instant kill.

#267 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

Weird. I had 6 I think because I'd never used the secondary up until that point. Maybe I picked them up somewhere and don't remember.

#268 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

This game has started to wear on me. I didn't play for a few days to recharge. Popped it in earlier ready to go and its becoming more of a chore to make myself want to play then doing it for fun. I'm on Chapter 4 of Jake's Campaign

Spoiler

Spoiler

#269 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

I just started Jake today and I'm really liking his melee attacks. His target run up and melee dash is pretty strong and you can combo with it for pretty much an instant kill.

On the contrary, I started his campaign yesterday and was playing as Sherry for the first two chapters. Got to love the shock baton.

card.png

#270 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Finally finished all the campaigns.

Spoiler

Way too many great games and DLC to play this month to get into it. Plus the industry is about due for another flop year so I need to have something brewing in the backlog for emergencies. Bioshock Infinite is the only game I'm interested in next year.

As for the
Spoiler
nonsense if the number of appearances are on par with RE6 then I'm still certain to find it ridiculous. I know every spy has their gadgets, but Bruce Wayne is the only fictional character I've seen that makes it look good.

Also, regarding the final cutscene -

Spoiler

Spoiler