God of War: Origins Collection - $24.00 at Amazon and Newegg(w/ Free Shipping)

wow guess you missed the better deals that were avail during the 1st couple weeks of release...this could've been had for $15 @ BB using the @gamer coupon or one of the buy 2 HD collections for $60. At this point $20 or less

[quote name='Enuf']wow guess you missed the better deals that were avail during the 1st couple weeks of release...this could've been had for $15 @ BB using the @gamer coupon or one of the buy 2 HD collections for $60. At this point $20 or less[/QUOTE]

Obviously.

How is this still not a good price for those who missed that sale?

its a good price, but GoW games are IMO non replayable. and this one doesnt come with an ornate drug box, so ill wait.

[quote name='wugenius']Obviously.

How is this still not a good price for those who missed that sale?[/QUOTE]it's also been $20 several times since too, just saying if you've waited this long and have missed the better sales keep waiting.

[quote name='Enuf']wow guess you missed the better deals that were avail during the 1st couple weeks of release...this could've been had for $15 @ BB using the @gamer coupon or one of the buy 2 HD collections for $60. At this point $20 or less[/QUOTE]
Soooo, if I don't have a BBy mag, that's $5-$15 for a coupon in addition to that price (which is moot since it's over), or if I don't want more than this HD collection (which is moot since it's over), how does that help me?

I hate how people try to make it where people are afraid to post deals all the time (or make it so they seem like king deal finder & try to embarasss 1st time deal posters to the point they have no competition). It's getting really old.

I picked this up for $20 a while back and I have to say that playing through this series in chronological order was awesome.

I had already beat GoW 3 and it was great to go back and fill in the story.

[quote name='Enuf']it's also been $20 several times since too, just saying if you've waited this long and have missed the better sales keep waiting.[/QUOTE]

The permanent price will probably be $20 in no time. Whatever you pay for this game, you're getting a lot of bang for your buck.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']The permanent price will probably be $20 in no time. Whatever you pay for this game, you're getting a lot of bang for your buck.[/QUOTE]
thanks for stating the obvious. Duh most games eventualy drop over time...its just a matter of if you want to play it now or play the waiting game and play it later.

[quote name='ndheah']$14.99 clearance @ select Shopko stores.[/QUOTE]

For the Origins HD collection (PSP Games) that came out like two months ago or the PS2 HD Collection (GOW1 and GOW2)?

It would be odd for this game to already be on clearance somewhere

[quote name='wugenius']Obviously.

How is this still not a good price for those who missed that sale?[/QUOTE]

I think he just wanted to brag.

Great games, but I have them on the PSP, and personally would rather have them portable. If you don't have a PSP though, they're good. Second one is still in my backlog, but the first one is my second favorite behind God of War 3. Liked it more than 2, and it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than 1. Graphics are a lot better than 1 also.

since I got a PSP i'd rather play these on it. I just can't see then being in 720 HD all that well. Plus chains of olypumsis did not impress me as the first GoW I played. Kinda a slog to get trough (for me) even being a good PSP game.

Wouldn't mind getting the pS2 HD collection though, blockbuster's discs were always scratched back then. Returned GoW1 3 times in one day then settled for Indigo Prophecy. Really under rated game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, Chains of Olympus is I think the least of a slog aside from 3. I can't imagine you'd be able to stand the first one, though who knows.

I think graphically these came through better than the PS2 ones probably, or at least a lot better than GoW1. GoW2 looked pretty great actually at a higher resolution like these seem to...though other than that they look the same, and I'd rather forgo the resolution and be able to play them wherever :D

[quote name='Wolfpup']Oh man, Chains of Olympus is I think the least of a slog aside from 3. I can't imagine you'd be able to stand the first one, though who knows.

I think graphically these came through better than the PS2 ones probably, or at least a lot better than GoW1. GoW2 looked pretty great actually at a higher resolution like these seem to...though other than that they look the same, and I'd rather forgo the resolution and be able to play them wherever :D[/QUOTE]

It could be that I just don't care for the story and SotC on the PS2 was perfect for me.

I felt bad for a second as I bought mine for $37 ($47 plus $10 coupon everyone was exploiting) at Target awhile back, but then I remembered mine came with the red controller. Anybody else think those controllers are crap compared to the original black ones? Dpad is sandpaper, LED light is blinding me thru the body, seems lighter and brittle.

Also, Amazon says "Usually ships within 2-4 weeks" so yeah, might as well wait for cheaper, or go Newegg.

[quote name='Enuf']it's also been $20 several times since too, just saying if you've waited this long and have missed the better sales keep waiting.[/QUOTE]

I think some people are mixing up the price of the older collection with origins. Origins has been around $40 constantly since release.

Aww, look at the little guy feeding that wee e-peen, so adorable.

[quote name='Todd33']I think some people are mixing up the price of the older collection with origins. Origins has been around $40 constantly since release.[/QUOTE]

Actually, when I bought it from Amazon on December 8, the GoW Origins Collection (Ghost of Sparta + Chains of Olympus) was part of a Ps3 sale for $20. However, $24 is still a great price. Thanks OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='twztid13']Soooo, if I don't have a BBy mag, that's $5-$15 for a coupon in addition to that price (which is moot since it's over), or if I don't want more than this HD collection (which is moot since it's over), how does that help me?

I hate how people try to make it where people are afraid to post deals all the time (or make it so they seem like king deal finder & try to embarasss 1st time deal posters to the point they have no competition). It's getting really old.[/QUOTE]my point is again $24 is a good price BUT since the game has consistantly been avail. for $20 or less which is CHEAPER than $24(This is CHEAP ass gamer right?). Also, since it released in early Sept. at this point people have waited for some time so to wait for a better deal like the ones I gave examples for that would offer better "value" and/or cheaper prices would be the way to go IN MY OPINION.
I wasn't trying to $hit on this deal but if you follow CAG regularly it's good to know what the prices for items have been to really see if the deal that's posted is really a "good deal" or is it better to wait that's all.

[quote name='plus1zero']I think he just wanted to brag.[/QUOTE]no, the point is when you say you got something for a certain price w/o stating the deal itself you'll have people asking "when was it $15 & where" so I posted the deal I got.

[quote name='Todd33']I think some people are mixing up the price of the older collection with origins. Origins has been around $40 constantly since release.[/QUOTE]this one has been on sale for $15-$20
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/God+of+...on+3/3294752.p?id=1218394224422&skuId=3294752
everytime there was a sale focusing on the PS3 HD coll. or the 3D enable games it was either a $10-$15 straight up discount, buy 2 of them & save $20-$40 off or b1g1 50% off.

This is like saying that we should only post the lowest deals ever. If you see a deal, but it has been cheaper in the past, no point in posting.

[quote name='sassylaurie']This is like saying that we should only post the lowest deals ever. If you see a deal, but it has been cheaper in the past, no point in posting.[/QUOTE]that makes no sense either since some people don't have the same stores near them and/or have credit elsewhere. And even if you read this thread others have stated the exact things that I said...it's been cheaper & might be worth waiting for $20 or less that's all.

The game is good very good well worth the $40 price to be honest & $24 is also a good price but based on previous sales history & the fact that more HD coll. are coming I say wait. If $24 is your buy price and/or you have credit go for it.

But when I post deals that I know have been cheaper(especially by more than $5) several times at various places I still post the deal but in the OP let it be known if I've seen it cheaper & where if possible.

***This has nothing to do with the OP of THIS thread just something I try to do since I check CAG regularly for deals***

bread's done
Back