The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Wiiware 150 Coins

I'm debating going for this vs. buying the cartridge for N64. Is there any compelling reason to choose one or the other? (I love OoT but have never played Majora)

[quote name='tranceFusion']I'm debating going for this vs. buying the cartridge for N64. Is there any compelling reason to choose one or the other? (I love OoT but have never played Majora)[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of, unless you want to use the N64 controller over the wii CC or GC one. Also the N64 version requires the ram expansion if you do not already have it.

I'm in.
Question is, how long does it take for them to email you back with the code.
Sitting here waiting with my gmail account.

-Edit- My bad. I needed to push "order now" lol. Thanks OP.
I might be in for Dr. Mario too!

[quote name='donssword']I'm partial to the GameCube version myself if you have a backwards compatible Wii.

Of course the DL version is cheapest.[/QUOTE]

There are some game-crashing bugs that can happen in the GC version. One of the reasons I got rid of my LoZ Collector's Edition.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']I'm in.
Question is, how long does it take for them to email you back with the code.
Sitting here waiting with my gmail account.[/QUOTE]

A few minutes, but you get the code instantly on your screen after you confirm your purchase.

[quote name='tranceFusion']I'm debating going for this vs. buying the cartridge for N64. Is there any compelling reason to choose one or the other? (I love OoT but have never played Majora)[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like Ocarina on the VC, the resolution is double on the Virtual Console version.

[quote name='icedrake523']There are some game-crashing bugs that can happen in the GC version. One of the reasons I got rid of my LoZ Collector's Edition.[/QUOTE]

Never ran into them myself.

How many coins are each Nintendo code worth? I might be able to raid my girlfriend's Nintendo DS collection and get enough for this depending on how many codes it takes.

now just hoping for ocarina of time and mario RPG to show in the rewards section. I love that they price their game rewards so pleasantly cheap compared to everything else!

[quote name='blindinglights']How many coins are each Nintendo code worth? I might be able to raid my girlfriend's Nintendo DS collection and get enough for this depending on how many codes it takes.[/QUOTE]

DS games are usually 30coins. They have to be nintendo-published though.

Im saving up for that smexy mario t-shirt.

[quote name='donssword']I'm partial to the GameCube version myself if you have a backwards compatible Wii.

Of course the DL version is cheapest.[/QUOTE]

The sound and music bugs were pretty bad on the GC; I have it. Nintendo even put an apology in the manual about the bugs in the emulation.

Cartridge FTW.

This is a great deal, and the nostalgia factor is huge. But am I the only one who finds some of the textures to be almost too ugly to bear on a large TV?

[quote name='taylort3']I love that they price their game rewards so pleasantly cheap compared to everything else![/QUOTE]

Let's hope it stays that way. It shows that they actually want to reward loyal customers when they can with virtually free to give items like this. With the other rewards, you have to grant them cost of shipping etc..

edit: but actually, if you consider the cost of the game and watch DS games for 800 pts to be $20-$30, then pricing this at 150 seems about the same compared to VC costs.

oh wait, edit again, just realized it goes for $10 on VC, so I guess these are still really good deals. Sort of like a deal of the month thing.

[quote name='demonchylde']This is a great deal, and the nostalgia factor is huge. But am I the only one who finds some of the textures to be almost too ugly to bear on a large TV?[/QUOTE]

That's why you need a 25" or smaller CRT just for your old consoles. The ONLY way to play!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scottman']Let's hope it stays that way. It shows that they actually want to reward loyal customers when they can with virtually free to give items like this. With the other rewards, you have to grant them cost of shipping etc..

edit: but actually, if you consider the cost of the game and watch DS games for 800 pts to be $20-$30, then pricing this at 150 seems about the same compared to VC costs.

oh wait, edit again, just realized it goes for $10 on VC, so I guess these are still really good deals. Sort of like a deal of the month thing.
[/QUOTE]

150 coins = 3 Wii games ~$40-$50 each, or 5 DS/3DS games ~$30-$40 each, etc. (not counting Nintendo Selects or the recent $5-$8 Best Buy deals) That's a bit steep for these downloadable game rewards on when I think of it this way. I could get these games a lot cheaper by just paying for them in the Wii/DS shops or buying them in physical form.

[quote name='SKEETER']150 coins = 3 Wii games ~$40-$50 each, or 5 DS/3DS games ~$30-$40 each, etc. That's a bit steep for these downloadable game rewards on when I think of it this way. I could get these games a lot cheaper by just paying for them in the Wii/DS shops or buying them in physical form.[/QUOTE]
Would you rather spend 350 coins on a wash cloth or any of the other useless junk they have in the at Club Nintendo?

If you haven't ever played this game yet, I will personally go to your house, hide under your bed all day and wait for you to come home. When your about to hop into bed I will grab your legs and scream as loud as I can.

It sounds harmless, but you sure as **** would be checking underneath your bed for weeks after that.

Anyhoo, game is amazing and worth playing. Has a much darker theme then other Zelda games and is my personal favorite.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']Would you rather spend 350 coins on a wash cloth or any of the other useless junk they have in the at Club Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

No I wouldn't...and I don't. If anything, I get the items I think will be unique or limited such as the four premium Mario pins available a while back.

Hmm.. I also haven't played this one... perhaps one of only 2 real Zelda games I haven't played at all (and I even played the CD-i Wand of Gamelon) (the other one being Spirit Tracks, which I own but have not busted out yet.) I DO have the Collector's Edition Gamecube disc... Any reason to get this over that? Only thing I can think of is annoying load times because of it being disc-based.

And by the way... I got one of those Wash cloths... they're actually pretty good, and before they started offering these games I was considering getting another one. =)

Grabbed one.
I am SO GLAD that they finally decided to do something at least partialy decent instead of the "trinkets" that they offer.
This actually gave me a reason to log back into the club site, and found out that all of my previous coins had expired, but still a reason to log back in.

[quote name='SKEETER']150 coins = 3 Wii games ~$40-$50 each, or 5 DS/3DS games ~$30-$40 each, etc. (not counting Nintendo Selects or the recent $5-$8 Best Buy deals) That's a bit steep for these downloadable game rewards on when I think of it this way.[/QUOTE]

If you're buying a Wii game for $50 just to get 50 coins, you're doing it wrong.

[quote name='salty tbone']If you're buying a Wii game for $50 just to get 50 coins, you're doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yeah ok, you already said the same thing in one of the other Club Nintendo threads when someone else made the same comparison. I get it.

Anyway I know most of us are usually not paying MSRP, that's why were all here of course, but people still do for whatever reason (I know, shocking right). That's why I said not counting deals, cheaper priced games, etc.

[quote name='miriamleo']I wonder if the games we get this way will get to transfer to the Wii U.[/QUOTE]
Do they still not allow transferring of titles to a new system?

I can't justify my purchase of Zelda this late into the Wii's lifespan if the WiiU is coming out so soon and I won't be able to move the game to the new system in the future.

Hmm my new wii doesnt have a nintendo club PIN number thing in the box, I got it from amazon a few months ago, and I just put the box under the bed, didnt even touch any manuals.

I emailed Nintendo, but would it be better to call them? Has anyone encountered this problem? i need ZEEELLLDDAAAAAA

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Hmm my new wii doesnt have a nintendo club PIN number thing in the box, I got it from amazon a few months ago, and I just put the box under the bed, didnt even touch any manuals.

I emailed Nintendo, but would it be better to call them? Has anyone encountered this problem? i need ZEEELLLDDAAAAAA[/QUOTE]

You enter the serial number found on the bottom of the console to register it through Club Nintendo.

[quote name='elhefe23']You enter the serial number found on the bottom of the console to register it through Club Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

on the club nintendo website it says that it only accepts the club card code that is supposed to come with the system, and it wouldnt accept my wii serial number either.

[quote name='elhefe23']You enter the serial number found on the bottom of the console to register it through Club Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Yea I entered the serial no problem, but then it also says it requires a Club PIN form an insert in the box. I was only able to take the 30 coin survey, but nothing more! This is lame, Im still waiting on a response from Nintendo.

[quote name='taylort3']on the club nintendo website it says that it only accepts the club card code that is supposed to come with the system, and it wouldnt accept my wii serial number either.[/QUOTE]
Werd same thing.

I just realized I had Metroid: Other M sitting on my shelf that I got during the holidays for like $5 thru bestbuy or gamestop I think, and that had a code in it. unfortunately, I'm now 10 club nintendo points short of being able to get this... not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have two square enix codes, would trade both of those for a code (not sure if they're as desirable but PM me)

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I just realized I had Metroid: Other M sitting on my shelf that I got during the holidays for like $5 thru bestbuy or gamestop I think, and that had a code in it. unfortunately, I'm now 10 club nintendo points short of being able to get this... not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have two square enix codes, would trade both of those for a code (not sure if they're as desirable but PM me)[/QUOTE]

7 days after you register the game there will be a post-play survey for 10 coins, if I am not mistaken.

[quote name='khoido']7 days after you register the game there will be a post-play survey for 10 coins, if I am not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

is this for any game? even if it's a few years older? cus I see nothing saying that on the site, though it is showing I took one back when I register NSMB Wii, but that was back when that first came out so I'm just not familiar with if that's only for new release games?

re: Game and Watch
If you have access to a GBA, DSL, or GBA Player for GCN, the GBA Game and Watch Gallery carts are a better deal $$ and gameplay wise than the Club DS offerings. The Club G&W 1 only has 2 games on it while the Club G&W 2 has 3 games,incl one orig that combines Parachute and Octopus. I picked up the G&W Gallery 3 GBA and have been waaaay happy with it, enough to squash my lust for the Club DS cart.

I confess I still lust for that orig game though.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']is this for any game? even if it's a few years older? cus I see nothing saying that on the site, though it is showing I took one back when I register NSMB Wii, but that was back when that first came out so I'm just not familiar with if that's only for new release games?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that all games, even the cheap ones, have a post-play survey. They expire after 4 months or so, so take them before you forget. Even the free LoZ: Four Swords game for DSiWare has a post-play survey.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is a MASTERPIECE! If you haven't played this game then download this asap! I have this game on the N64 as well as on the Zelda: Collecter's Edition disk on the Gamecube and I still downloaded this from club nintendo :D

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Hmm my new wii doesnt have a nintendo club PIN number thing in the box, I got it from amazon a few months ago, and I just put the box under the bed, didnt even touch any manuals.

I emailed Nintendo, but would it be better to call them? Has anyone encountered this problem? i need ZEEELLLDDAAAAAA[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem, but then I opened the pack-in game (Mario Kart), entered the code from that, and got the 100 points.

bread's done
Back