CODMW3 X360 Ltd Console $299.99 Newegg.com

Hopefully these sales on the Xbox bundles are signs of a forthcoming price drop, not that I need any more consoles in my house.

Still kicking myself for passing on the $299 Gears console. I wish that would drop again since I don't really like the artwork on this one.

[quote name='blindinglights']Still kicking myself for passing on the $299 Gears console. I wish that would drop again since I don't really like the artwork on this one.[/QUOTE]

To each his own, but I like the MW3 one over the Gears. Plus the MW3 controllers are better. They've got some texture to the surface, whereas the Gears controllers are smooth and glossy.

[quote name='BingoBrown']To each his own, but I like the MW3 one over the Gears. Plus the MW3 controllers are better. They've got some texture to the surface, whereas the Gears controllers are smooth and glossy.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that the two controllers that come in this bundle aren't packaged for resale (i.e. they aren't in the same packaging you'd find the stand alone mw3 controller in)?

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm assuming that the two controllers that come in this bundle aren't packaged for resale (i.e. they aren't in the same packaging you'd find the stand alone mw3 controller in)?[/QUOTE]Nope. Plastic baggie like the "normal" pack-in controller.

All of the special-themed consoles with second controllers have the packaging match the baggie the single controller would be packaged in.

[quote name='shrike4242']Nope. Plastic baggie like the "normal" pack-in controller.

All of the special-themed consoles with second controllers have the packaging match the baggie the single controller would be packaged in.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured.. thanks for the confirmation though. I don't need the game or controllers but I would like a 250GB console. I could easily get the price under $200 (closer to $170) if I was able to sell off all the extras at top dollar...

BUT I'm too lazy and busy and impatient

[quote name='GBAstar']That's what I figured.. thanks for the confirmation though. I don't need the game or controllers but I would like a 250GB console. I could easily get the price under $200 (closer to $170) if I was able to sell off all the extras at top dollar...

BUT I'm too lazy and busy and impatient[/QUOTE]

It's a 320GB HDD.

$100 off MSRP.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/MappingPrice.aspx?Item=N82E16874103266

Includes:
Limited Edition Call of Duty: Warfare 3 Console: Own a piece of Call of Duty history with this custom designed console, which includes sounds from the actual game for the power and eject buttons, as well as built in Wi-Fi for easier connection to the world of entertainment on Xbox LIVE. With the 320GB hard drive you'll have plenty of space to store your favorite games and movies. Xbox 360 is more games, entertainment and fun.

Two Customized Wireless Controllers: This award-winning, highperformance wireless controller features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of up to 30 hours on two AA batteries.

Standard Edition copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Complete the Call of Duty experience with the Modern Warfare 3 game. Included in this bundle is the Standard Edition of the game to play as soon as you get home. Rated "M" for Mature.

Xbox 360 320GB Hard Drive: The 320GB detachable hard drive allows gamers to save their games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Xbox 360 Wired Headset (black): This headset lets gamers strategize or trade taunts while playing games and send voice messages to friends on Xbox LIVE.

Xbox LIVE: Included with your console is a free one month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold , the best in gaming and entertainment. Invite friends from all over to connect and play online multiplayer games or watch thousands of HD movies streamed instantly from Netflix.Package Content:Customized Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Console

2 customized Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Wireless Controllers

Standard Edition copy of Modern Warfare 3

320GB Hard Drive

Xbox LIVE download code for downloadable avatar items

Xbox 360 Wired Headset (black)

1 Month Xbox LIVE Gold

Does this system have different sounds for on/off and eject like the Gears of War system? This really is a terrific deal (no tax for most & free shipping) if you can deal with the ugly MW3 design. I picked up the Gears system and it's the most bad-ass looking "stock" system I've ever seen.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Does this system have different sounds for on/off and eject like the Gears of War system? This really is a terrific deal (no tax for most & free shipping) if you can deal with the ugly MW3 design. I picked up the Gears system and it's the most bad-ass looking "stock" system I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it has sounds like the new Star Wars Xbox 360. I'm really wanted that Red Elite when Resident Evil came out. Oh well, I still enjoy my 120GB Elite though.

[quote name='Vader582']I searched but I didn't see that thread, possibly because that thread title is not the best...but whatever.

Mods: delete, meld threads...whichever.[/QUOTE]

Defenitely agree with you on the better title, God I want this but can't justify it.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Defenitely agree with you on the better title, God I want this but can't justify it.[/QUOTE]
I was having a hard time justifying my Gears console purchase too but:
1) I was using a FF13 360 and space was becoming a premium on the 250 GB HDD.
2) If you're using a phat 360, these new slims are virtually silent. I was pleasantly surprised at the difference.
3) The price of the 320 GB HDD alone is over $100. The 4GB Slim is $200. You're essentially getting an extra controller, a paint job and a game for free.
4) None of these things may be what you want to hear if you're trying to convince yourself to NOT BUY this bundle. :lol:

[quote name='Vader582']I was having a hard time justifying my Gears console purchase too but:
2) If you're using a phat 360, these new slims are virtually silent. I was pleasantly surprised at the difference.
3) The price of the 320 GB HDD alone is over $100. The 4GB Slim is $200. You're essentially getting an extra controller, a paint job and a game for free.
4) None of these things may be what you want to hear if you're trying to convince yourself to NOT BUY this bundle. :lol:[/QUOTE]

^I agree with you about everything except the noise. I never owned a fat 360 but my slim is loud as hell. All I have to compare it to is my PS3 but holy is this thing loud. I don't use it much except to stream netflix or play exclusives (Gears, Forza, etc.) but that thing hums.... I've literally only put like 20 hours of play on the disc drive and the rest has been streaming... maybe I just got a bad unit. Anyways I have to shut the thing off if I'm not using it because it keeps me from sleeping or focusing if I'm reading or whatever

[quote name='GBAstar']^I agree with you about everything except the noise. I never owned a fat 360 but my slim is loud as hell. All I have to compare it to is my PS3 but holy is this thing loud. I don't use it much except to stream netflix or play exclusives (Gears, Forza, etc.) but that thing hums.... I've literally only put like 20 hours of play on the disc drive and the rest has been streaming... maybe I just got a bad unit. Anyways I have to shut the thing off if I'm not using it because it keeps me from sleeping or focusing if I'm reading or whatever[/QUOTE]
I'd suspect a bad unit or something just isn't as tight as possible. I was skeptical about how quiet these new 360s could be.
I've always loved my PS3 slim for being near silent (in the master bedroom along with the Gears console). My old phat FF13 360 was horribly loud and distracting. If I haven't turned the TV on yet, I have had to look at the power button on the Gears 3 console to make sure it was on.

[quote name='GBAstar']^I agree with you about everything except the noise. I never owned a fat 360 but my slim is loud as hell. All I have to compare it to is my PS3 but holy is this thing loud. I don't use it much except to stream netflix or play exclusives (Gears, Forza, etc.) but that thing hums.... I've literally only put like 20 hours of play on the disc drive and the rest has been streaming... maybe I just got a bad unit. Anyways I have to shut the thing off if I'm not using it because it keeps me from sleeping or focusing if I'm reading or whatever[/QUOTE]

I think you have a bad unit. My slim (Halo Reach console) is about as loud as a field mouse pissing on cotton.

Do you install your games?

[quote name='Vader582']I'd suspect a bad unit or something just isn't as tight as possible. I was skeptical about how quiet these new 360s could be.
I've always loved my PS3 slim for being near silent (in the master bedroom along with the Gears console). My old phat FF13 360 was horribly loud and distracting. If I haven't turned the TV on yet, I have had to look at the power button on the Gears 3 console to make sure it was on.[/QUOTE]

Hold up the ps3 slims are far from quiet there loud as hell especially when the disc keeps loading it makes an annoying sound.I for one enjoy my gears3 Xbox and if Amazon matches this for 299.99 ill order one and because I have a 50$ GC from Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Hold up the ps3 slims are far from quiet there loud as hell especially when the disc keeps loading it makes an annoying sound.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like you got a bad unit as well.
The optical drives on both slim consoles make noise but neither is the hair dryer that is a 360 phat.

oh man, this is so extremely tempting... I have the Modern Warfare 2 Elite Xbox. I might just have to add this one to the collection ;)

No I don't install my games; I only have a 4GB Slim and play all multi platform games on the PS3. I'm not trying to be a fan boy but I have never ever ever heard a noise from my PS3. Not when loading, streaming, whatever and that thing runs like 12 hours a day.

I very well may have a bad 360 however it's never froze on me. I'm not sure where the noise is coming from as it's just as loud running netflix as it is loading games from discs.

[quote name='Vader582']I was having a hard time justifying my Gears console purchase too but:
4) None of these things may be what you want to hear if you're trying to convince yourself to NOT BUY this bundle. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I already own a 250GB Slim model, the glossy one to be exact. The noise that everyone's referring to comes from the fan and becomes really noticeable while the console is vertical. You tap around the vent and it tones down. I don't believe its a defect, It's more of a design flaw since me, my brother & few friends share the same issue.

Must resist...so damn tempting!

I have the Goggle Offers $40 for $20 gift code and a Newegg 10% code (limit up to $20 off). Which would make this to be about $260 out of pocket.

Unfortunately I need to save for a new video card hehe. Gahhh!

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Must resist...so damn tempting!

I have the Goggle Offers $40 for $20 gift code and a Newegg 10% code (limit up to $20 off). Which would make this to be about $260 out of pocket.

Unfortunately I need to save for a new video card hehe. Gahhh![/QUOTE]
I hear you can sell kidneys.

bread's done
Back