Photo
- - - - -

New PS2 Slims Converted to Used (GS 39.99)

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#361 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

If anyone knows their local GameStop still has new PS2s in-stock, I'll toss you a $25 GS gift card in the mail if you PM me the store location.

I double checked the store I got mine and they have since sold the other two they had.

#362 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

Wasn't there a post a while back that these were being clearanced at Best Buy also? Searched but couldn't find.

#363 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

Wasn't there a post a while back that these were being clearanced at Best Buy also? Searched but couldn't find.

i think i remember that target had clearanced them off, but i dont remember best buy doing it.

#364 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

i think i remember that target had clearanced them off, but i dont remember best buy doing it.

I saw 2 really beat up ps2s at my best buy like a month ago and they were still $100

#365 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

wow these are hard to find at GS now.
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#366 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

wow these are hard to find at GS now.

I imagine so, since they were dropped around 2 months ago. So chances are if you didn't drag your ass to the store by now you're pretty much SOL on finding one of the converted ones.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#367 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

I imagine so, since they were dropped around 2 months ago. So chances are if you didn't drag your ass to the store by now you're pretty much SOL on finding one of the converted ones.

I was surprised I found 4 (at 3 different stores) of them the week before last. All regular charcoal black. 1 Toy Story 3 bundle. Bought them all with B:AC, Rage and ME2 trade-in credit. Sold all four on eBay.

#368 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

Is this the same is these?

http://www.gamestop....furbished/36742
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#369 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

wow 2 months...time went by fast.

but yeah, i did get them when this thread started. i just got another gift card this week and thought i get another ps2 but no luck :cry:

i shouldve done a return - rebuy a month prior getting my gift card.
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#370 reicaden

reicaden

Needs More Cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

my local gamestop has PS2s... but how do i Know they were "new" at some point? all I can check is the seal Im guessing?
I have tried TONS of these websites, but this one delivers. <<<YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS!>>> 63.00$ in my account and counting! :) Just make a Gmail email, and bam you are good to go.
Posted Image

#371 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

my local gamestop has PS2s... but how do i Know they were "new" at some point? all I can check is the seal Im guessing?

The ones we are finding are in the original box with the factory seal intact.

#372 Jon Bon

Jon Bon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Is this the same is these?

http://www.gamestop....furbished/36742

refurbished =/= new

Bart: You are my guest, and I am your host. What is your pleasure? What do you like to do?
Jim: I don't know... play chess... screw...
Bart: Let's play chess.

#373 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

refurbished =/= new

Actually the 'refurbished' ones marked with either a 1/23 or 1/24 date on the sticker(up on the top of the sticker someplace on the upper right corner is the date w/ no spaces or slashes) might very well be the converted PStwo slims.

Some stores are very 'by the book' and will gut/destroy whatever they're told to do that to. Obviously these PS2 systems when converted to used would naturally be put into the pre-owned/refurbished boxes you always see their used consoles in.

So if you can't find the ones still in sealed/new boxes, ask to check the date on the sticker of some of the used/refurb boxes.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#374 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

refurbished =/= new

They don't have any "used" ones on the site. So I imagine converted versions would be called refurbished.

#375 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

what do you guys think, should i throw DEAD into the title? or should i just keep it as is.

#376 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

This thread should be locked as it's getting endless necromancy for no useful reason other than people wanting to post on an internet forum.

#377 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

This thread should be locked as it's getting endless necromancy for no useful reason other than people wanting to post on an internet forum.

if you're referring to my post, you do realize that i'm the OP right? i'm asking everyone's opinion about if this should be moved to the wasteland or not. if you're joking or being sarcastic, then i apologize in advance.

#378 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

if you're referring to my post, you do realize that i'm the OP right? i'm asking everyone's opinion about if this should be moved to the wasteland or not. if you're joking or being sarcastic, then i apologize in advance.

I didn't get it either as this thread seems to have been somewhat active (at least weekly) since creation. Next thing you know thread necromancy will be down to two days. :-?

I know I posted cause I was wondering if they were listed online in some form. But I think I'll just call around. Probably the only way to know.

Not sure how you can call it dead either exactly unless Gamestop jacked the price back up. No way to say they are all gone either. <shrug>

#379 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

I didn't get it either as this thread seems to have been somewhat active (at least weekly) since creation. Next thing you know thread necromancy will be down to two days. :-?

I know I posted cause I was wondering if they were listed online in some form. But I think I'll just call around. Probably the only way to know.

Not sure how you can call it dead either exactly unless Gamestop jacked the price back up. No way to say they are all gone either. <shrug>

thanks for the input. guess i'll just leave it as is. it just seems that with it being almost 3 months since the thread started, the chances seem even more slim to find a used "new" PS2.

#380 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Need to find some of these .....

#381 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

thanks for the input. guess i'll just leave it as is. it just seems that with it being almost 3 months since the thread started, the chances seem even more slim to find a used "new" PS2.

Well my 4 Gamestops in the area is by the books. All put in the Gamestop boxes.