Photo
- - - - -

New PS2 Slims Converted to Used (GS 39.99)

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#181 cmb00

cmb00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

i got lucky and got a silver one sealed at my gamestop.

#182 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

All my gamestops near me have these ps2s.

#183 str8gamer23

str8gamer23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

Don't be discouraged. The first gamestop I hit treated me like I was crazy. She said she'd been there for 3 years and there arent any new ones. She said the sku conversion happened years ago. The second game stop i went to had 3 brand new ones. The sales person was more than happy to sell me two of them. Keep checking! My ps2s are brand new in the original sealed box.

#184 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

Picked up the last one in Marconi a little north of Arden Fair Mall, I think sac is pretty much cleaned out. Now I got 2 PS2s sealed, 1 for a gift!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#185 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

I'm still looking for a NIB SingStar PS2 but am happy that I was able to pick up a NIB black model. Also very happy that the GS near my work let me return the used (definitely not new) PS2 I bought about 3 weeks ago (before the SKU conversion). They were really cool about it even though it was past the 7 days return policy, partly because I was within the 30-day exchange policy and I guess getting the new "used" PS2 counted as an exchange.

Gotta say, as much as I hate GS's "rip open all new games before you sell them" policy and will never buy a new game from them, they've been pretty cool to deal with recently for used games/consoles. And of course they were the only option for buying my Camo MGS Peacewalker PSP, which was fortunately unopened. Stupid store exclusives.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#186 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

Gotta say, as much as I hate GS's "rip open all new games before you sell them" policy and will never buy a new game from them, they've been pretty cool to deal with recently for used games/consoles. And of course they were the only option for buying my Camo MGS Peacewalker PSP, which was fortunately unopened. Stupid store exclusives.

I've had good experiences with GS as of late as well. There now competing with best buy, that usually improves customer service.

#187 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

I've had good experiences with GS as of late as well. There now competing with best buy, that usually improves customer service.

You don't usually see best buy and customer service in the same sentence :0

#188 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

Picked up the last one in Marconi a little north of Arden Fair Mall, I think sac is pretty much cleaned out. Now I got 2 PS2s sealed, 1 for a gift!

nice, another sac area CAG. glad you were able to snag one. any good independent video game stores in the area?

#189 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:03 AM

I had an uneventful trip today. Went to a dozen stores looking for the Singstar bundle and found nothing. Didn't really look for the plain vanilla model, but one store said they had 6 NIB black slims and some guy came and bought them all yesterday...grr damn reseller.

#190 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:24 AM

You don't usually see best buy and customer service in the same sentence :0

Honestly in the retail environment, it totally depends on the individual store and how competent the managers are. My hometown Best Buy is the absolute pits with the dumbest staff on the face of the earth. It is rated one star on Best Buy's website.

Where I live now (not in Norman, gotta change it) the closet Best Buy is the best one in the city with great and helpful staff. It is rated 5 stars on Best Buy's website and it really deserves that rating.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#191 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:44 AM

nice, another sac area CAG. glad you were able to snag one. any good independent video game stores in the area?

Not that I know of, there were some in the past, but they closed down due to competition. Although there is gametrader but I never stepped foot in one...

Btw do you know if Davis's gameroom got any new arcade games in? I used to go there to bowl and play initial D with some friends

#192 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

I stopped by another SoCal GameStop on my way home and they didn't have any. The guy I talked to had no clue when I mentioned the SKU conversion, but he checked in back anyway only to come back saying he didn't find any and didn't think they had any new PS2's in the store in a long time.

Oh well, there's a couple more GameStops near my work...might check them out during my lunch break tomorrow. The quest for the white whale continues.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#193 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

Shouldn't the thread title read:

"New PS2 Slims Being Sold as Used"?

Kinda confusing using the word "converted," esp. considering GS's tactics in the past...

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#194 str8gamer23

str8gamer23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Does anyone know where I can score cheap PS2 games??

Gamestop seemed a little pricey

#195 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

eBay, Amazon Warehouse Deals
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#196 flobert81

flobert81

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Just scored a silver one in Richmond Va at Short Pump Village. They have 1 new black slim left if anyone is looking in the Richmond area.

#197 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Right now, Best Buy has buy 2 get 1 free on used games. Lots for $4.99 plus tax and, more than likely, free shipping.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#198 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

There are actually a surprising amount of good cheap PS2 games at Gamestop...

http://www.gamestop....-2?nav=138b-162

Alot in the .99-$4.99 range.

For instance...

http://www.gamestop....the-enders/6927
http://www.gamestop....l-edition/29137
http://www.gamestop....ld-arms-3/21086
http://www.gamestop....ient-city/17551
http://www.gamestop..../killer-7/33106
http://www.gamestop....n-kingdom/72280

#199 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

There are actually a surprising amount of good cheap PS2 games at Gamestop...

http://www.gamestop....-2?nav=138b-162

Alot in the .99-$4.99 range.

For instance...

http://www.gamestop....the-enders/6927
http://www.gamestop....l-edition/29137
http://www.gamestop....ld-arms-3/21086
http://www.gamestop....ient-city/17551
http://www.gamestop..../killer-7/33106
http://www.gamestop....n-kingdom/72280

Ooo... Thanks for the tip! Also, I thought I read they take scratched up games. So, the resell damaged games? If so, I don't think I'd waste my time buying from them online.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#200 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

Ooo... Thanks for the tip! Also, I thought I read they take scratched up games. So, the resell damaged games? If so, I don't think I'd waste my time buying from them online.

Good plan.

In my experience, which I will admit might be totally different than anyone else's, they send back the scratched/cracked/broken/smeared (eeeew) discs to the online warehouse to send out, because they know you'll be less likely to deal with returning it. Sure, you can just take it back to a store, but then you have to deal with if they have a replacement in stock, etc.

I have almost never received a "clean" disc buying used at Gamestop.com, and only 1 time can remember receiving a complete copy of a used game (game, disc, manual).

Way more trouble than it's worth to buy online when you can't see exactly what you're buying, since Gamestop will take anything, as long as it's round. Doesn't even have to be shiny anymore.

Edited by Justin42, 25 January 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#201 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Good plan.

In my experience, which I will admit might be totally different than anyone else's, they send back the scratched/cracked/broken/smeared (eeeew) discs to the online warehouse to send out, because they know you'll be less likely to have to deal with returning it. Sure, you can just take it back to a store, but then you have to deal with if they have a replacement in stock, etc.

I have almost never received a "clean" disc buying used at Gamestop, and only 1 time can remember receiving a complete copy of a used game (game, disc, manual).

Way more trouble than it's worth to buy online when you can't see exactly what you're buying, since Gamestop will take anything, as long as it's round. Doesn't even have to be shiny anymore.

:-# Smeared! They must have had some 'other' video going on and got some on the disc!
OMG! DEFINATELY, instore for Gamestop!!!!!!

Thanks!

#202 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, its worth just looking up the cheap games and seeing if they have any in local stores. In stores you can at least slide the discs out of the disc sleeves and check the condition. I believe in store Gamestop has thrown out cases/manuals for games $4.99 and below. Videogameinstructionbooklets.com has good specials on PS2 game cases/manuals/artwork, so if you combine how cheap these games are with bulk ordering replacement cases/manuals, you can get a pretty big PS2 collection going for cheap.

Most of the cases/manuals that Gamestop throws out, I've noticed employees just reselling them on ebay, which I don't blame them.

#203 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

I believe in store Gamestop has thrown out cases/manuals for games $4.99 and below.

you're right and it is another reason why I dislike GameStop.

#204 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

That's smart. In addition ps2 games from gamestop.com usually have generic gs art and cases. In store you can ask to look at the discs before you buy. Most of my stores got rid of alltheir ps2 cases but a couplebigger gs stores stillhave ps2 cases with boxart.

#205 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

I believe in store Gamestop has thrown out cases/manuals for games $4.99 and below.

Not every Gamestop has. Some by me and some I've been to out of state have had complete games $4.99 and under. It just depends on how much room a store has, I believe. So if your local GS stores are all shoebox size, then it's more likely you'll find disc only crap.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#206 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

wow this thread got hijacked..I'm gonna stay on topic, was anyone able to find anymore PS2s (new) today or is everything converted to the used Gamestop box now?

#207 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

wow this thread got hijacked..I'm gonna stay on topic, was anyone able to find anymore PS2s (new) today or is everything converted to the used Gamestop box now?

I'm going to check 2-3 more GS after work today because I'd really like a silver or white PS2 slim.

#208 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on an *Official* Sony-branded ceramic white memory card or the Sony-branded white stand?

I've scoured all over the net to no avail.

Thanks!

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#209 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

Ugh! Thanks ya'll! I think I will stick to Best Buy and eBay for used PS2 games! Even though, my first Best Buy purchase has 1 of the games as disc only! Minimum, it's supposed to have the original case. I will call them. eBay, however, has done me well. Some sellers have massive stores on there with cheap, complete games.

#210 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on an *Official* Sony-branded ceramic white memory card or the Sony-branded white stand?

I've scoured all over the net to no avail.

Thanks!

Like this one?> http://www.ebay.com/...=item4cfdd3a22f