Batman Arkham City Collectors Edition (PS3 or 360) $69.99 GameStop B&M

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I didn't see this posted anywhere but I was at GS and saw that the Batman Arkham City for both the PS3 and 360 was $69.99. I would have picked one up but I got the 360 version during the BB Mega Sale.

One of the better Collectors Editions I've gotten recently.
With a decent sized statue, not some oversized monstrosity, that no one can find room for. A nice artbook, a movie, some music....the Best Buy one came with the Robin DLC, but doesn't the GS version come with Nightwing?
I got the Best Buy one also, but this isn't too bad a deal for a great CE.

I would really like a PS3 one but $70 is more then I'm willing to pay. At $50 I'm all over it; or if I could do an even trade for one of the three 360 ones I have from Best Buy. I have both batarang controller sitting on a shelf so it'd be nice to pair up with both CE's.

Thanks though OP. I'll keep an eye onthis to see if it drops further

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']I picked one up on eBay for 45 bucks. Just an fyi

Edit: It was new[/QUOTE]
That's a nice snipe.

[quote name='KtMack23']Too bad it doesnt come with a fucking case. I'm still trying to find one so I can trade it in to amazon.[/QUOTE]

I got a extra case with the artwork and the paperworks for PS3, I think it even had a unused Robin code .... PM me if you want to make a offer for it:)

[quote name='TooPoor']That's a nice snipe.[/QUOTE]

Prob someone selling it from the $35 price from bb. Poor guy prob was hoping for more. Now if he paid full price for it. Thats even worth.

The CE is very nice except for the lack of a game case (game has a slot in the art book)

The lack of a game case really isn't a huge deal. It takes about 30 seconds to make up your own.
I'm sure we can all steal a case from an old game that sucks.... or even a black case from a DVD works well, which is what I used. Then either borrow a friends case and copy the insert, or print out the insert from IGN.

I ended up selling my extra game and custom case for $38 on eBay.

Love this CE as well and paid full price for it. No case is a bit lame but the overall CE is great. Also I'm surprised (and impressed) with all these GS CE drops lately.

[quote name='HaloSucks']I got a extra case with the artwork and the paperworks for PS3, I think it even had a unused Robin code .... PM me if you want to make a offer for it:)[/QUOTE]

Sadly I have a 360 copy.

[quote name='dubleo']I'm keeping my XBOX 360 version sealed for now. I'm hoping it fetches over $100 next year sealed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. most likely it'll go up. It's best to have patience when trying to sell a CE that got a widespread drop like the 360 version did.

I remember when the black ops prestige edition (PS3) went down to $15 at BB. Idiots were selling them on eBay for like $90 and it killed the market for several months. I finally decided to put mine back up at sold several at ~ $170 which is much more then I would have gotten if I had settled earlier.

[quote name='Flacksguy']The lack of a game case really isn't a huge deal. It takes about 30 seconds to make up your own.
I'm sure we can all steal a case from an old game that sucks.... or even a black case from a DVD works well, which is what I used. Then either borrow a friends case and copy the insert, or print out the insert from IGN.

I ended up selling my extra game and custom case for $38 on eBay.[/QUOTE]
Maybe not for you, but if you're paying a premium for a 'collectors edition' then everything should come complete. I'm starting to think a former Gamestop CEO is in charge at the company making up the DC Universe game CE's, since this is the second DC game to come in a sleeve(DC Universe Online CE did the same shit).
[quote name='GBAstar']I remember when the black ops prestige edition (PS3) went down to $15 at BB. Idiots were selling them on eBay for like $90 and it killed the market for several months. I finally decided to put mine back up at sold several at ~ $170 which is much more then I would have gotten if I had settled earlier.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. That happened to me too when I finally decided to sell a couple on Amazon. I got into an undercutting war with a couple of the other people. I still made money though, so it was no biggie.

The only really sucky part is that now the COD: WAW zombie map codes from the Prestige Editions are worth jack squat since they finally released them on PSN.:cry: So I really lost out there, since I waffled on selling them. But I still doubled my money on what I paid for the Prestige Editions(and I still have one sitting sealed in my closet;)), so I'm happy as hell.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Maybe not for you, but if you're paying a premium for a 'collectors edition' then everything should come complete. I'm starting to think a former Gamestop CEO is in charge at the company making up the DC Universe game CE's, since this is the second DC game to come in a sleeve(DC Universe Online CE did the same shit).
[/QUOTE]
I'm with you here, all CEs should come with some kind of case. Not some fucking cardboard sleeve. I had the Arkham City CE. Per-ordered from amazon when they had it up for $60. I cancelled it for one reason, no fucking case.

I found out with my dc universe online after I had opened it. I was a little pissed off with that one.

bread's done
Back