Ghostbusters: The Video Game PS3 16.51 Amazon

matpaq

CAGiversary!
Ghostbusters: The Video Game From Amazon.

$16.51

Free Super Saver Shipping or two day shipping with prime if you have it. Is this a good deal for this game?

Picked it up for $10 at Walmart myself. Would not say this is a good deal. I had a hard time even spending $10 on it

Agreed with most everyone on here. I wanted this game to be good - but it was a chore to get through.

$4.99 is its max price IMO -- especially given how old it is.

Got it for $5 during the Best Buy holiday deal....and to be honest that's the right price point for it. It's really repetitive and there's zero replay value. Even for a big Ghostbuster fan I wouldn't pay more than $10

I believe this is a good deal. I got this game when it came out and I loved it. The $16 price point is pretty good for this game, it's supposedly the sequel to the movies. If you have any extra money laying around, then get this game and play it !!!

If you're a fan of Ghostbusters at all, this game is pretty solid. For those who say "not even worth $9.99", why? It stays pretty true to the series. It has same/similar monsters as the movies. It has good voice acting from the actual stars themselves. The story is wonky in parts, but aren't most Ghostbuster stories? I went through this in it's entirety on the 360 and had a blast with it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']If you're a fan of Ghostbusters at all, this game is pretty solid. For those who say "not even worth $9.99", why? It stays pretty true to the series. It has same/similar monsters as the movies. It has good voice acting from the actual stars themselves. The story is wonky in parts, but aren't most Ghostbuster stories? I went through this in it's entirety on the 360 and had a blast with it.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. Really fun game if you're a Ghostbusters. Suppose this isn't the greatest of deals, though, considering it's been in the bargain bin at so many places for so long.

I love this game. I bought it for PS3 and 360 the day it came out along with the Blu Ray movie. I have no regrets about my purchases!

I beat this game over two years ago and still have the urge to pick it back up again to this day. Such a fantastic game.

Ya know, I saw this thread over a month ago, and it's grinded at me ever since. So I just had to post. Ghostbusters is a great game !!! Not sure if the OP ever picked it up. But if you're still listening, I urge you to. The graphics are great, it's written well/very funny. It's fun, and a helk of an addition to the GB cannon. Nothing like shooting your proton stream and bagging your first nasty after "reallin' em' in", as the struggle to free themselves, in your ghost trap. As the game progresses, you get extremely fun pack, and other equipment, upgrades. On top of which, it has the voice talents of the real Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, BILL MURRAY, Annie Potts, William Atherton, Bryan Doyle Murray, and Ernie Hudson. Alot of love and talent went into this game from the creators. The nonsense that this game is "repetative", is like calling Halo the same thing as all you do is "shoot". All games come down to one simple mechanic. Don't believe the bashing OP. This is from people who want to bash something and are just nasty, negative, pricks. It's a steal @ $16. This is by far, in no way, a "bargin bin" title! Is it the next Halo? Perfection? Of course not. Very few games are! But there are alot of games out there that aren't the next Halo, but are perfectly fantastic, well made, and fun! GB is the type of game you'll itch to pick-up again a couple weeks later just to enjoy and blast ghosties. It's fun, funny, and exciting. People like to bash any game that isn't the next Halo, Madden, or Call of Duty. Grow up, folks! Try the game, dude! You'll enjoy it. :)

I still haven't picked it up but I have looked at it everyday and finally think I might. Thanks for the advice.

[quote name='RyanLec84']Ya know, I saw this thread over a month ago, and it's grinded at me ever since. So I just had to post. Ghostbusters is a great game !!! Not sure if the OP ever picked it up. But if you're still listening, I urge you to. The graphics are great, it's written well/very funny. It's fun, and a helk of an addition to the GB cannon. Nothing like shooting your proton stream and bagging your first nasty after "reallin' em' in", as the struggle to free themselves, in your ghost trap. As the game progresses, you get extremely fun pack, and other equipment, upgrades. On top of which, it has the voice talents of the real Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, BILL MURRAY, Annie Potts, William Atherton, Bryan Doyle Murray, and Ernie Hudson. Alot of love and talent went into this game from the creators. The nonsense that this game is "repetative", is like calling Halo the same thing as all you do is "shoot". All games come down to one simple mechanic. Don't believe the bashing OP. This is from people who want to bash something and are just nasty, negative, pricks. It's a steal @ $16. This is by far, in no way, a "bargin bin" title! Is it the next Halo? Perfection? Of course not. Very few games are! But there are alot of games out there that aren't the next Halo, but are perfectly fantastic, well made, and fun! GB is the type of game you'll itch to pick-up again a couple weeks later just to enjoy and blast ghosties. It's fun, funny, and exciting. People like to bash any game that isn't the next Halo, Madden, or Call of Duty. Grow up, folks! Try the game, dude! You'll enjoy it. :)[/QUOTE]

I still haven't picked it up but I have looked at it everyday and finally think I might. Thanks for the advice.

[quote name='Blaster man']I played this a long time ago. It's only like 5 or 6 hours long.[/QUOTE]

It took me around 7, but I'm a little slow...:applause:

I enjoyed it. The voice acting itself was fine (as it should have been given the talent), but the script should have been much better...

I'm surprised at all the negativity aimed at this game. It is far away the best GB game ever made, though I realize that's not saying much. Its only real downfall is the short length (5-7 hours) and fairly re-hashed story. But basically I have to agree with Ryan up there, it's a solid title worth $15. The gameplay is great and a good spin on the TPS genre. The only reason I'm not jumping on this is because I rented it when it came out and already played through it twice, so there's not much else I could do except re-play the story again. I'd give the game a solid 8/10.

bread's done
Back