Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/22/12 to 1/28/12)

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#31 conspir4cy

conspir4cy

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

How is the fitbit? It piqued my curiosity when I saw it and never heard of it before.

It seems pretty nice. It was for the wife and she really seems to like it. We've just had it a couple of days, but no issues so far. I don't know that I would have paid $99 for it, but hey, keeping the wife happy is always priority one :D

#32 conspir4cy

conspir4cy

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

Yes.

Awesome! Thanks!

#33 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

I heard from internal sources that BB plans to increase the amount of used games in stores by 60%. Apparently, the company that handles the games once they are traded in has an overload of games at their warehouses that are going to be in stores by February

I'm not sure about that though you are correct that the previous company could not keep up with the volume. Would be awesome if they were just sitting on a bunch of games and starting getting those back in the stores.

The amount of used games a store will stock is dependent upon how many are traded in and how many used games are sold at that store. They also put into account how many trade ins a store takes compared to how many games (new and used) they sell. The average store has to take in 5-6 trade ins a day to hit the expected goal. On top of that they compare it to the district so if other stores are killing the store you go to in trade in units/% and used game sales then maybe less games going there. There is also no indication if its measured but popularity for the games or number of units (if 1 copy of MW3 is equal to 5 random PS2 games or something).

There is no exact formula they are admitting to but they put all of these things into account. Store I'm at has been averaging 1st-3rd in the district in both trade in units/% and used games sold and you can name any game released since August and we've had it used though its a bit uneven. We are sitting on like 10 Batman:AC for PS3 but only seen 1-2 for xbox but on the contrast we constantly in stock with MW3 for xbox but only had 1-2 in for the ps3 ever.

#34 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

WWE 12 for 20 after @gamer coupon sounds great to me.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#35 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

Damn waiting on another sale on MGS HD. I did the unbelievable and finally caught up on my backlog. Feels so nice to feel like I may consider buying a game at MSRP just for the sake of playing it instead of forcing a game on myself. Its been over a year now since ive felt that way.

CAG = devil

no need to wait it's perm price dropped to $35 @ PC Richard & Sons. You could also alert AMZ if PCR doesn't work for you.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301793

#36 teh_minus

teh_minus

TX Cheap Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

Me too. Might as well pick up Saint's Row The Third as well and call it a "two for one" for me.

#37 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

I might do the b2g1 deal. as for wwe 12 ill wait till it hits 30 to use the coupon
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#38 Whinterfell

Whinterfell

Games are Coming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

As far as I know we will price match it. So it is a very good deal at the moment. And with the promotion on Xbox Live 12 months you can also pick that up for $20 right now when you buy the system. So $370 plus tax for a Kinect 250 system, Kinect Sports 2, Fitbit (normally $100) and a year of xbox live. Even if you don't want the fitbit itself you could sell it later to someone or online at Ebay or the like. All together that is $660 worth of stuff for $370. So all in all a very good deal.

#39 illmatic21

illmatic21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

So they definitely take the coupon for games that are on sale like WWE 12? Or is it kind of a YMMV thing depending on the cashier?

30 bucks for the game sounds good to me.

#40 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Buy 2 Get 1 free on pre-owned...and several of their titles are better than Gamestop. yay I'm probably in
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#41 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

The coupon is for $10 off so it'll be $30 and not $20.

So they definitely take the coupon for games that are on sale like WWE 12? Or is it kind of a YMMV thing depending on the cashier?

30 bucks for the game sounds good to me.

Yea, it'll scan but it can also be YMMV. If the cashier reads the coupon carefully and knows the game is on sale and refuses to scan it. Most of the time they'll just scan away.

#42 osugsxr

osugsxr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

hmm have a $50 gift card, either do the saints row 3rd or xbox live card for 12 months...

#43 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

The coupon is for $10 off so it'll be $30 and not $20.

Yea, it'll scan but it can also be YMMV. If the cashier reads the coupon carefully and knows the game is on sale and refuses to scan it. Most of the time they'll just scan away.

Shouldn't be YMMV anymore since the backs now state 'Markdowns taken from sale prices'

#44 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

Damn waiting on another sale on MGS HD. I did the unbelievable and finally caught up on my backlog. Feels so nice to feel like I may consider buying a game at MSRP just for the sake of playing it instead of forcing a game on myself. Its been over a year now since ive felt that way.

CAG = devil

There's nothing wrong with saving money, lol. I'm slowly working through my backlog. I'm currently playing through Forza 4, and that's going to take me a while to finish it. I won't be buying games for a while.

#45 konicki465

konicki465

Balls Deep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:20 AM

Alright how come NHL 12 never goes on sale? It was one of the only games during Black Friday this year that never went on sale. I saw it for 40 dollars only one time and nothing since then. WTF.

Edit: It's 49.99 on Amazon, but I'm not buying until it hits 39.99.

#46 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

no need to wait it's perm price dropped to $35 @ PC Richard & Sons. You could also alert AMZ if PCR doesn't work for you.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301793

Thank you Enuf. Im going to buy at BB since I'm a silver member and will bank on a PM sometime down the line as there is no closeby PCR out in Cali.

#47 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

There's nothing wrong with saving money, lol. I'm slowly working through my backlog. I'm currently playing through Forza 4, and that's going to take me a while to finish it. I won't be buying games for a while.

Word. Nothing wrong with saving money on our games.

It's just dangerous to buy up so many games with the ineveitable price drop creating such a backlog that they get to a point that you were better off waiting to buy one when you were actually ready to play it (and buy it cheaper).

#48 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

Word. Nothing wrong with saving money on our games.

It's just dangerous to buy up so many games with the ineveitable price drop creating such a backlog that they get to a point that you were better off waiting to buy one when you were actually ready to play it (and buy it cheaper).

I know exactly what you mean. My buy point for most games is $20 and under. I'm quite cheap since I'm saving up for my car.

#49 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

Thank you Enuf. Im going to buy at BB since I'm a silver member and will bank on a PM sometime down the line as there is no closeby PCR out in Cali.

I got it at BB when it was on sale for $40 but I used the b2g1 coupon from the unlocked pack so $27 was good ENUF for me LOL.

#50 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

Finally a sale on Revelations but at $39.99. I'm still bummed that the cashier wouldn't let me use my coupon when it was on sale for $29.99. I hope it hits that price again before the coupon expires, but i doubt it.

#51 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

Finally a sale on Revelations but at $39.99. I'm still bummed that the cashier wouldn't let me use my coupon when it was on sale for $29.99. I hope it hits that price again before the coupon expires, but i doubt it.

Can't get it pricematched from GS price ($30atm)?

#52 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

Can't get it pricematched from GS price ($30atm)?

Won't work as this would involve "Double Dipping". In other words you can't price match and then use a coupon. At least that's how it is at my BB.

#53 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

Pitiful sales again. Same titles on sale week after week.

#54 tnarich05

tnarich05

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

what 10 buck coupon an where can i get it?

#55 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:47 AM

I wish they'd drop Black Ops pre-owned to $19.99, so I could use the $15 off coupon and get it for $5 since my one buddy has never played through the campaign for it. I already finished it myself when I got a copy from a Gamestop double code stacking glitch over a year ago, then promptly traded it off someplace once I was done.

Same deal with the other games that have pre-owned $$$ off coupons in this month's @Gamer mag(Crysis 2, etc), since $10 or under is my buy price for pre-owned shit. Then again, I shoulda likely just kept the copy of Crysis 2 that I traded for with someone who got in on the Amazon penny game thing.

Either way, these sales aren't really that bad, though Rayman Origins is still currently $19.99 at TRU. So you'd be better off getting that there this week.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#56 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

Wow, yeah I just looked at their pre-owned price for BlOps out of curiousity...Fuck-ing ridiculous! $15 off $40 is still too much! I'd be in for $5-10, though. I'll have to keep an eye out for a price drop. :shock:

#57 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:13 AM

Wow, yeah I just looked at their pre-owned price for BlOps out of curiousity...Fuck-ing ridiculous! $15 off $40 is still too much! I'd be in for $5-10, though. I'll have to keep an eye out for a price drop. :shock:

It WAS $24.99 for a while, but for some reason they jacked it back up.:roll: I think they raised the price when the newer version of the game came out with some sort of DLC pack included in new copies.

Too bad they wouldn't allow a PM of Gamestop's current sale price($20.99) and then allow the coupon to still be used.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#58 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:17 AM

I got it at BB when it was on sale for $40 but I used the b2g1 coupon from the unlocked pack so $27 was good ENUF for me LOL.

Yeah miscalculation on my part for not getting it on sale earlier :cry:

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#59 samaside

samaside

nerdophiles.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

I'm tempted by Sims 3 and Sims 3: Pets. :|

#60 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:01 AM

Rayman Origins is $30 regular price now at GameStop (and of course on sale at TRU for $20)

weak on Best Buy to put it on "sale" for $40