Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/22/12 to 1/28/12)

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#61 taisfus

taisfus

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:04 AM

As far as I know we will price match it. So it is a very good deal at the moment. And with the promotion on Xbox Live 12 months you can also pick that up for $20 right now when you buy the system. So $370 plus tax for a Kinect 250 system, Kinect Sports 2, Fitbit (normally $100) and a year of xbox live. Even if you don't want the fitbit itself you could sell it later to someone or online at Ebay or the like. All together that is $660 worth of stuff for $370. So all in all a very good deal.

Sorry, I am new on this forum. I read the promotion post and see no where it said it comes with kinects sports 2 and fitbit. Am I misreading something? Please help.

#62 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

Damn waiting on another sale on MGS HD. I did the unbelievable and finally caught up on my backlog. Feels so nice to feel like I may consider buying a game at MSRP just for the sake of playing it instead of forcing a game on myself. Its been over a year now since ive felt that way.

CAG = devil

A little inside scoop for you Donut2922, MGS: HD Collection will be $30 starting 1/29. ;)
You can always buy it now and PM it that week.
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#63 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

As far as I know we will price match it. So it is a very good deal at the moment. And with the promotion on Xbox Live 12 months you can also pick that up for $20 right now when you buy the system. So $370 plus tax for a Kinect 250 system, Kinect Sports 2, Fitbit (normally $100) and a year of xbox live. Even if you don't want the fitbit itself you could sell it later to someone or online at Ebay or the like. All together that is $660 worth of stuff for $370. So all in all a very good deal.

Why would the price match this?

The fitbit promotion was considered a bundle? Is that same bundle going to be $250 next week?

No it's not. Just the console is going to be $250 next week. As far as best buy is concerned you're getting more then a $50 savings with the fitbit and kinect game bundle so theoretically it'd be stupid of them to PM the $250 price for the standalone console.

I guess though it all depends how it was rung up on the receipt.

#64 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Did you mean AC Revelations? I would hope they are selling brotherhood for $39.99

Did you mean aren't? I would hope you don't hope that they sell Brotherhood for $39.99.

#65 Hulkamaniac418

Hulkamaniac418

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

Just $10.

Is the coupon only for WWE12?

#66 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Actually Kmart's 2011 fiscal year doesn't end until Jan 28, so that will be the real cutoff to tell us whether there will be deals going forward. These last few weeks of Jan deals were already set up before the debacle started.

#67 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Best buy needs that price on AC:R

#68 midloo

midloo

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

Best buy needs that price on AC:R

It will have it next week. Leave it to Ubi to make their games cheap in no time :)
Posted Image

#69 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

:360::ps3: AC:R (new) is $29.99 at GameStop.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#70 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

Going to get battlefield 3, but still debating on gears of war 3. Is there a DLC code pack with new copys? The game might of come out last year but you can't be to sure especially when spiderman EoT & warhammer 40k still contain there DLC.

#71 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

Going to get battlefield 3, but still debating on gears of war 3. Is there a DLC code pack with new copys? The game might of come out last year but you can't be to sure especially when spiderman EoT & warhammer 40k still contain there DLC.

I bought Gears 3 new and it didn't have any DLC inside it. There were DLCs with it that were emailed to me because of pre-order.

#72 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

I wish they'd drop Black Ops pre-owned to $19.99, so I could use the $15 off coupon and get it for $5 since my one buddy has never played through the campaign for it. I already finished it myself when I got a copy from a Gamestop double code stacking glitch over a year ago, then promptly traded it off someplace once I was done.

Same deal with the other games that have pre-owned $$$ off coupons in this month's @Gamer mag(Crysis 2, etc), since $10 or under is my buy price for pre-owned shit. Then again, I shoulda likely just kept the copy of Crysis 2 that I traded for with someone who got in on the Amazon penny game thing.

Either way, these sales aren't really that bad, though Rayman Origins is still currently $19.99 at TRU. So you'd be better off getting that there this week.

What's the used price on crysis now? I picked it up for $10 the first day the coupon was live

#73 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

It will have it next week. Leave it to Ubi to make their games cheap in no time :)

Oh wow, completely over looked it on the list. Guess I'll pick it up next Saturday to extend that 30 day price match window.

#74 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

:360::ps3: AC:R (new) is $29.99 at GameStop.

edit: I'm a dummy and thought the coupon at best buy was $20 off, not $10.

#75 Rouzhokuu

Rouzhokuu

Bio-Shocked!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

Nice, it's not all Kinect garbage for a change.
"Don't be a slowpoke, Mister Bubbles. Angels don't wait for slowpokes."
Take a look at my trade-list, eh?

#76 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

What's the used price on crysis now? I picked it up for $10 the first day the coupon was live

It's currently $29.99 used from BB.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#77 dagame92

dagame92

Raider Nation Citizen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

Does anybody think the price of SR3 will continue to drop because I want it but it would go in my ever growing backlog.

#78 Tonnous24

Tonnous24

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:39 AM

Whet to K-mart today, hoping to spend my $15 coupon that expires tomorrow. Decided I just wanted microsoft points, so I bring the card over to the register and the clerk tells me I can't use a coupon on cards. I assured him that I can, as I have in the past, but he still claimed that I couldn't. I kindly asked him if he could at least try to scan it and see if it works, he told me no and if he did the register would lock up and he would have to get a manager, something he didn't want to do.

:|
I realize there is no point in complaining, but my god that made me upset.

#79 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

I would have had the manager come to the register in that case. You are the customer. Not saying the customer is always right, but an employee being an ass deserves to be politely shown up in front of the manager.

#80 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:48 AM

Is the coupon only for WWE12?

There is a $10 off coupon for NEW WWE '12. There is also a $10 off coupon for any used game $29.99 or above.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#81 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

Pitiful sales again. Same titles on sale week after week.

TBH after all the deals since November the weekly ads are just plain "blah" if the game isn't $30-$35...correction $5-$35 LOL. There were so so many deals that even a $40 sale price doesn't make me look twice. Guess it'll change once there's more games that I want.

Yeah miscalculation on my part for not getting it on sale earlier :cry:

I think there was 6-8 games on sale for $40 that week & I didn't get my unlocked coupons in time for BF so that was the next best time & getting 6 games made it all worth it in the end. Damn, if you can find it used it would be $25 after that @gamer used game coupon but the stars would need to align for that.

A little inside scoop for you Donut2922, MGS: HD Collection will be $30 starting 1/29. ;)
You can always buy it now and PM it that week.

Nice, I wonder what the stock situation though since I never seen more than 3-5 per system at any point.
http://www.bestbuy.c...tegories&ks=960

#82 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

kmart deals suck lately. i realize no real big named games have come out recently, but still.

EightBitArtist.png

#83 MeteoSparkZero

MeteoSparkZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

Apparently, Best Buy's having a sale for the Skylanders Starter Pack

49.99 on all consoles.

Now I'm ready curious about this. I got a huge valued gift card that I'm saving for the big new games coming up (Soul Calibur V, SSX, etc) and I'm not sure if I want to jump into this "buy more toys for more access" deal.

#84 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:09 AM

TBH after all the deals since November the weekly ads are just plain "blah" if the game isn't $30-$35...correction $5-$35 LOL. There were so so many deals that even a $40 sale price doesn't make me look twice. Guess it'll change once there's more games that I want.

It's not the price at all... It's the same exact games on sale over and over again for two months.

#85 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:15 AM

Does anybody think the price of SR3 will continue to drop because I want it but it would go in my ever growing backlog.

It will plumit quickly like most 3rd party titles do, trust me
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#86 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:17 AM

Link to online ad at toysrus.com
This looks like another ad that's only published online. Usually, ads with the fine print in the same text size as the item descriptions are only published online.

:wii: Buy a Wii for $149.99, get a Wireless Ultra Sensor Bar for free.

:360::ps3::wii::3ds: Buy Skylanders Starter Pack for $69.99, get a Skylanders figure for free.

:wii: ABBA You Can Dance $19.99
:wii: Just Dance Summer Party $19.99
:ps3::wii: Phineas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension $19.99
:360::ps3::wii: Cars 2 $19.99
:360::ps3::wii: Rayman Origins $19.99
:wii: The Black Eyed Peas Experience $24.99
:360::ps3::wii: Disney Universe $29.99

Edited by LouieT, 22 January 2012 - 12:25 AM.
changed title

#87 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:34 AM

It will plumit quickly like most 3rd party titles do, trust me

Unfortunatley this is most liekly scenario.

Also SR:3 is fucking amazing.

#88 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

It's not the price at all... It's the same exact games on sale over and over again for two months.

oh I see, I'd blame the game industry for this by releasing so many games in a short time period so the retailers keep deals for these going since people have x-mas $ & GC's to spend.

#89 jrxone1

jrxone1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

thanks op

#90 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:45 AM

Phineas & Ferb for $19.99 again?
Well its good for people who miss the sale during the new year week.