Way of the Samurai 3 :ps3: $16.40 (12 in Stock)

Thanks for posting this. I'm a big fan of the samurai era and this price is hard to pass up. There's only two more available for those who are interested.

Those twelve (12) are gone but it says: "In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.", still shipped/sold from Amazon, LLC and still $16.40.

this was a pretty fun game, each playthrough was rather short, but you got to keep everything for the next one.

surprised this price is still so high. got it for around that price a year or so ago during a sale of some kind.

I remain a big fan of this game and feel it is a worthy heir to the series.

I could write several paragraphs about what all you should remember going into the game but I'll focus on two or three things.

The game is largely a collectathon. Collect endings, weapons, persistent loot, etc etc. You'll be playing it again and again and there's no shame in just making an entire game a run at the blacksmith, upgrading everything, murdering him for your money back, and then starting anew. Or murdering the principal story characters (The bosses) for their weapons. Like most Japanese grinding repetitive collectathons, the difficulties are really scaling to your equipment level more than player skill. You CAN thrive on Normal but if you get a lot of boss fights, it'll be tough to see the ending.

To that end, don't do side quests. They're all terrible. Only exceptions are if you want to get in good with Fujimori. If you do four side quests for Fujimori, then you can see the boss. There are numerous endings that rely on this. Everyone else's side quests are abysmal. They're only there for collectathon completion events and swords so know what you're getting into before you waste time on them.

Nobody really cares that you steal all their turnips. They quip but it's nothing. So stock up at the town buffet every time. You'll definitely need them if you get an ending that requires a lot of tough boss fights with a low level sword.

Time has no story impact. The story advances through "inklings" which are marked story events on the map. You can't activate them all, and some might be available at night but not day and vice versa. To really grasp how to twist the game to the ending you want, you will have to get a feel for the flow of the game and which are useful.

[quote name='CaoPi']announcement was that WOTS 4 has been confirmed for a UK release

http://electronictheatre.co.uk/play...117/playstation-3-exclusives-confirmed-europe[/QUOTE]

Next step, find out if it is region free.

Ahhh, too bad they aren't offering it for the same price on the 360.

Played the hell out of WoTS on the PS2.

"Thank you for saving me, let me make you a meal!"
"Do I have to wait?"
"I won't make you wait- please wait."
"How does it taste?"
"Bad."
"........"

Damn, was waiting for just this kind of sale on it.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Those twelve (12) are gone but it says: "In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.", still shipped/sold from Amazon, LLC and still $16.40.[/QUOTE]

Where is this?

Still 19.99 with Free Shipping at Newegg.

Quick question about 4. I've never imported a game before, does anyone know a decent place to order the 4th game from that ships to the states?

[quote name='mitnosi']Still 19.99 with Free Shipping at Newegg.

Quick question about 4. I've never imported a game before, does anyone know a decent place to order the 4th game from that ships to the states?[/QUOTE]

It'll probably have some decent deal from Zavvi at some point. If you wait a month or two after release, you'll most likely find a good deal. This is what happened with Dodonpachi.

[quote name='Gosha']It'll probably have some decent deal from Zavvi at some point. If you wait a month or two after release, you'll most likely find a good deal. This is what happened with Dodonpachi.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

[quote name='mitnosi']Still 19.99 with Free Shipping at Newegg.
[/QUOTE]

I know, just the extra 3.50 saved upped it to impluse buy over first on my list when I finish one my current PS3 games.

What is Newegg's free shipping anyway (time?) I haven't ordered anything in like a year and I don't think that was under free ship.

I've never been disappointed by Newegg's free shipping speed but I've never been counting the days for a newegg package to arrive.

bread's done
Back