Dungeon Siege III ps3/360 price drop to 19.99 at gamestop and 29.99 at walmert(YMMV)

Why couldnt this have dropped last week :bomb: anyways thats a great price, I've been wanting to pick this up again. I think I have enough points for a $10 coupon so I should be able to get it for

[quote name='Brother Daz']Why couldnt this have dropped last week :bomb: anyways thats a great price, I've been wanting to pick this up again. I think I have enough points for a $10 coupon so I should be able to get it for

[quote name='MSUHitman']It may be YMMV on Walmart, but it's definately $20 new/$19 used at all Gamestop's currently.[/QUOTE]

That is what i meant to say. Did i label the the topic name wrong?

An RPG without a WORLD MAP. Yes, I couldn't believe it either. Prepare to spend 30 minutes just to find the right path to go

[quote name='Tony208']An RPG without a WORLD MAP. Yes, I couldn't believe it either. Prepare to spend 30 minutes just to find the right path to go[/QUOTE]

LoL what? I never had any problem finding where to go in this game.

[quote name='Tony208']An RPG without a WORLD MAP. Yes, I couldn't believe it either. Prepare to spend 30 minutes just to find the right path to go[/QUOTE]

you can turn on a trail to your current quest. Not that hard.

Are you kidding me? The map is totally on-rails/corridors -- how could you possibly get lost?

[quote name='Mooby']Are you kidding me? The map is totally on-rails/corridors -- how could you possibly get lost?[/QUOTE]

My gripe about this game, lots of potential but waaaaay to linear

[quote name='strikeratt']My gripe about this game, lots of potential but waaaaay to linear[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I despise that kind of design but it's pretty much par for the course in most modern ARPGs. DS3 isn't necessarily a bad game, just unremarkable.

[quote name='TooPoor']Got this for $20.xx on amazon during BF, in local co-op it is TOTALLY unplayable (which is why I got it for).[/QUOTE]

Why? We had no problems with it. It's annoying sometimes because there's no split screens, so it's a little like old Lego games in co-op, but it's in no ways game breaking.

It's worth playing at about $10-20 if you're into real-time dungeon crawlers. I used Katarina, who most people don't like, but she's awesome on bosses. Critting like 4k+ per shot at end game.

Skills are mostly useless though, so you'll be using the same 2-3 skills the entire game.

Yes, it's very linear. I don't know how you can even get lost for more than a few minutes, even without paths displayed.

[quote name='Varuth']That is what i meant to say. Did i label the the topic name wrong?[/QUOTE]

No just clarifying. You're fine, beat to posting the Gamestop price. :)

You can just set the mission as active, and press D-pad up it will light up the way.

If you have a PC no older than five or so years old you're better off getting Titan Quest on Steam for $5 -- in terms of games of this genre.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Been $19.99 @ GS for a bit now. I haven't played a game of this nature in years, is it worth the $$$ ?[/QUOTE]

Not really. It might be worth $10 or $8, but I couldn't recommend it at $20.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Been $19.99 @ GS for a bit now. I haven't played a game of this nature in years, is it worth the $$$ ?[/QUOTE]

The game gets a lot of (justified) hate, but I paid $25 for it a couple months ago and still feel it was a decent deal.

It's quite linear, they dropped the ball big time on how they implemented multiplayer, and you don't keep loot after you beat the game if you decide to play again like most ARPG's.. but it was still fun for the 10-12 hours it lasted :)

any kind of codes included to be worried about from buying a used copy? May pick this up, I've maybe played .6 hours of dungeon crawlers in my life (mainly on the PS2) but this does look super shiny new!

[quote name='token2k6']any kind of codes included to be worried about from buying a used copy? May pick this up, I've maybe played .6 hours of dungeon crawlers in my life (mainly on the PS2) but this does look super shiny new![/QUOTE]

I don't recall there being any added bonus codes aside from the square enix registration code

Thanks OP. Picked up a copy. This is my 2nd copy because I am not going to play my other one since it is signed by the whole development team. :D

[quote name='Brother Daz']Why couldnt this have dropped last week :bomb: anyways thats a great price, I've been wanting to pick this up again. I think I have enough points for a $10 coupon so I should be able to get it for

Couldn't you price match this to Walmart or Best Buy for $20? Figured that would be an option for some.

I'm thinking about picking up either El Shadaai: Ascension of the Metatron or Dungeon Siege III ?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thats how I got it the first time;)[/QUOTE]I actually got it twice...BB offered $10 pre-order credit with it & I knew it would see a $40 sale price in 45 days or less but $25 straight-up(already had the @gamer sub) was better, so I just returned the day 1 purchased & got it again with the coupon.
Hopefully they'll give more $20 coupons that way I can score games for $20 since the $40 w/$10 credit deals are dead.

bread's done
Back