Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

http://www.first4fig...,3/product,109/

horizontal_medium.jpg

#452 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

Quick question - When companies post-pone figure is it because there changing details on the figures? Or are they just pushing it back to push more units? 

thumb.gif

My face when i see bullshit.

#453 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

Quick question - When companies post-pone figure is it because there changing details on the figures? Or are they just pushing it back to push more units? 

It's rare for there to be last minute changes to a figure. Delays are usually for quality control or quantity boost. Sometimes a single part may have been produced poorly and they have to make a whole lot of them again. Large number of pre-orders or too many other figures in production at the same time can cause delays, as well as other types of problems like shipping and licensing. This year, Good Smile Company and Alter moved to a new factory and that screwed them both up pretty bad.

I have a lot of figures pre-ordered for the rest of the year so I am hoping for a few delays. RAH Link, please come out in January instead of November ^^;

#454 Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

It's rare for there to be last minute changes to a figure. Delays are usually for quality control or quantity boost. Sometimes a single part may have been produced poorly and they have to make a whole lot of them again. Large number of pre-orders or too many other figures in production at the same time can cause delays, as well as other types of problems like shipping and licensing. This year, Good Smile Company and Alter moved to a new factory and that screwed them both up pretty bad.

I have a lot of figures pre-ordered for the rest of the year so I am hoping for a few delays. RAH Link, please come out in January instead of November ^^;

Thanks for the response.

The figure i had pre-order was suppose to come out this past week, but it pushed back until November. Which is fine by me, but it screws up my budget for BF sales.

Here's hoping that the Samus Figma doesn't get delay.

thumb.gif

#455 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Sometimes delays are production delays or shipping issues. Kotobukiya is notorious for delaying US releases :/

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#456 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

I don't even have a budget for BF thanks to figures. But unlike video games, figures don't necessarily stay around after release, so it's almost like you have to pre-order if you really want figures. It's hard to budget around figures at the end of the year since that seems to be such a popular release time.

That would be a second delay for Figma Samus since she already got delayed from September to October. She doesn't have a firm October date yet, but I haven't heard anything about another delay.

Speaking of dates, Nendoroid Sonic re-release is coming out Oct 8.

#457 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

I have no personal experience with them. They are a small company which seems to have more positive reviews than negative. You can view all their work by doing a search on http://myfigurecollection.net

This one looks like it will turn out well, but it's also very expensive, increasing the risk of ordering. I would feel more confident if a big company like Good Smile Company were making her, but it doesn't look like anyone other than Phat Company has a figure from this series planned. If you really like the series, then I say pre-order her. If you only kinda like the series, maybe wait for reviews and order after release.

Check out Metallica's MFC page for discussion: http://myfigurecolle...net/item/166931

Thanks for the reply.  The cost and not knowing anything about the manufacturer is what made me hesitate to pre-order so far out from a release.  After some more searching (thanks for the links), I think I'm going to wait and see.  Thanks again for the advice.

#458 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

I pre-ordered Exclusive Tanooki Mario a week ago. I'm excited for it.

Personally, I'm pissed Attack on Titan is this popular. There was a cool $2 bracelet on AmiAmi in green that I wanted...sold out. I pre-ordered the blue one for now :/

#459 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Also, Amiami has pink robbie the rabbit up for pre-order. It will probably sell out soon like Heather. There's a blue robbie the rabbit up on an exclusive japanese site.

roughly $120 + shipping...13 inches or so tall.

What shipping option should I pick? I picked SAL Small Packet registered for now but I'm not sure if that's the wisest idea on this statue.

#460 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Also, Amiami has pink robbie the rabbit up for pre-order. It will probably sell out soon like Heather. There's a blue robbie the rabbit up on an exclusive japanese site.

roughly $120 + shipping...13 inches or so tall.

What shipping option should I pick? I picked SAL Small Packet registered for now but I'm not sure if that's the wisest idea on this statue.

For something that expensive, EMS for sure. SAL Registered is only going to insure your package for up to 6,000 yen, and if Robbie is that big, then shipping isn't going to be cheap anyway.

IIRC, you can always change which shipping option you want at AmiAmi (at least for monthly orders) after items come in stock and before you actually pay.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#461 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

IIRC, you can always change which shipping option you want at AmiAmi (at least for monthly orders) after items come in stock and before you actually pay.

I do believe so.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#462 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Yah you can always change the shipping option.

But EMS eh?

I pre-ordered the blue robbie too on a proxy site however when I asked them if they had a rough ballpark for shipping they said they weren't sure but said I should pick 'postal parcel' due to the height of the statue.

>_> Not sure what that is.

#463 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Yah you can always change the shipping option.

But EMS eh?

I pre-ordered the blue robbie too on a proxy site however when I asked them if they had a rough ballpark for shipping they said they weren't sure but said I should pick 'postal parcel' due to the height of the statue.

>_> Not sure what that is.

I don't recommend SAL parcel. It's only barely cheaper than EMS and not as good. If an item is too large to fit in SAL small packet, then go with EMS.

For me, I always go with SAL small packet (SSP) whenever possible. If the order is under 7000 yen I use SSP unregistered, otherwise I pay the extra 410 yen for SSP registered. I only use EMS if either an item is too large and/or heavy to fit in SSP (like Godoka), or if I have multiple large and expensive items that would each require SSP registered if the order is split.

I often have multiple items in a single order that combined are too big to fit into a SSP box. In that case, I request the order to be split into separate SSP shipments. It's usually at least 1000 yen cheaper for 2-3 SSP unregistered shipments than a single EMS shipment. I don't mind waiting 2 weeks for SSP vs 2 days for EMS if I can save money (which can be used for more figures ^^).

#464 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

Yeah, SAL Parcel isn't worth it, unless you live outside the US and want to avoid customs fees.

Anyway, figures. Alter's Zelos is up for preorder (7,490 at Ami, etc. etc.). What. A. Cutie. <3 (but I have to pass on him, for now at least.)

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#465 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Nendoroid Sonic re-release is now available. Currently in stock at AmiAmi: http://www.amiami.co...de=FIG-IPN-2917

My Sonic won't be shipping until other October pre-orders are ready.

Figma Samus re-release has a 10/28 release date. Figma Link does not have a date yet, but I suspect it will be similar to Samus.

#466 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

By the way, Mio Boutique is awesome for proxy ordering. They only ask for 5% commission plus a $3 fee or something along those lines. I have the Blue Robbie the Rabbit variant pre-ordered. It's costing me $133 + shipping.

Not bad at all. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

#467 sunchangping

sunchangping

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

Of course they don't know the weight until they actually have the figure in stock, and shipping rates vary over time.

I have been a FunForFreedom survivor since 7/2/12!Diablo 3 Gold
Supporting Leon X Zara! <3
I have a blog!

#468 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

Figma Link re-rel is coming October 28, same as Figma Samus re-rel. Nendoroid Isabelle (Shizue) will also release on the 28th.

#469 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

Has anyone been following that Eren figma crap from AoT?

Absolutely ridiculous, selling out so quickly on AmiAmi.

Pre-ordered for $58 shipped on crunchyroll, must be nuts yo.

#470 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

$10/25%  premium isn't too bad.

#471 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

That's an alright price including shipping. The cheapest Eren Japanese store pre-order was a little over 4000 yen, so including shipping he would be ~$52.

I pre-ordered Mikasa from Big in Japan for the first release and they emailed me (and a lot of other MFC users) that my order was bumped to the second batch (January -> April) due to stock restraints. No other Japanese store pulled this crap. From now on I will only be using BiJ for prizes and exclusives.

I was able to get Eren pre-order in at AmiAmi. Figma Levi is going to be crazy.

#472 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Yah so I lost about 5 bucks. At least he's pre ordered and not depending on HLJ.

I want to make sure I get Levi. he's my favorite... I'll have to figure out how to set notifications on mfc later on

#473 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Wow, everything on that site is so ridiculously overpriced. Talk about taking advantage of and ripping off the fans of those series... 

#474 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

Wow, everything on that site is so ridiculously overpriced. Talk about taking advantage of and ripping off the fans of those series... 

From what I quickly gathered from the site, they are resin casts and hand painted. this is different from the PVC machine paint figures you normally get.  Resin cast is pretty awesome and hand painted details are generally vastly superior to the machine paint you see if figures.

I can't quite make sense of this  Makers of Hi-End Collectible Figures from licenses such as the Legend of Zelda, Metroid and Sonic the Hedgehog. which seem to word it to give an impression that they have official license, but even recasts of figures handpainted can be quite expensive.    One of the better known is YetiArt.  http://stores.ebay.c...YetiGK/FAQ.html   awesome detail. this is an old post  but show some of the process/detail  http://www.figure.fm...ng details.html

Anyway, there is a whole world of GK which is way cooler than just pvc figures one can buy from amiami and prices really go up.

#475 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

Looks like Amiami started charging for the figma Samus re-release. Can't wait to see her.

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#476 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Yep. I paid for my figma samus and link early Saturday morning.

#477 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

I don't mean to double bump (can't seem to figure how to edit on mobile browser)

but how many of you open your figma figures? Lately I've been thinking about opening them... they would look cooler displayed but value wise... them again I have no plans of selling them.

#478 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

Just like games, I open what I want/feel like at the moment but otherwise, they remain sealed until I am in the mood. If I want to really keep something sealed, I buy double.

#479 Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

I don't mean to double bump (can't seem to figure how to edit on mobile browser)

but how many of you open your figma figures? Lately I've been thinking about opening them... they would look cooler displayed but value wise... them again I have no plans of selling them.

Why are you going to buy the figure in the first place if your going to keep it sealed? Kind of stupid in my opinion. 

Once, i get my samus figma i'm placing her on my gaming shelf. 

thumb.gif

#480 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

I know it's a preference kinda thing, but I'll always open and pose every figure or statue that I buy. I won't ever criticize anyone for doing it, but paying to keep something boxed has just never made sense to me--outside of keeping it safe and hoping to turn a future profit, of course.