figure collectible japan

• Please log in to reply
710 replies to this topic

#31 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Preordered the Link figure. Really pissed at myself for missing the preorders on both Sammy figures. I hope they have them In Stock somewhere when they do release.

#32 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

I just wanted to check if the Samus figures were still coming... and now, I have a Link figure preordered.:-/

DAMN YOU LILMAN!!!

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#33 lilman

lilman

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

I just wanted to check if the Samus figures were still coming... and now, I have a Link figure preordered.:-/

DAMN YOU LILMAN!!!

Hehe, be glad I'm only posting game figures. I collect anime figures too and just broke my wallet paying for:
Spoiler

#34 lilman

lilman

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Varia Suit Samus Figma now has a release date of 7/7. If you missed out on preorder, be sure to check the sites in op on the release day for chance of extra stock (may sell out fast, so check regularly if you are really interested).

Zero Suit Samus figure still has no firm release day, so 7/30 is the current estimate. For me that means waiting longer to get the Figma since they are shipping together. Oh well, worth it to me to save some $.

#35 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

i notice on some sites the link figure is still avalaible while the samus one is just plain gone already everywhere

im keeping an eye out for the play arts kai raiden. but with solidus going for $100-$150. i have my doubts about picking raiden up, in the future
Posted Image

#36 lilman

lilman

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

Varia Suit Figma Samus is now released. Haven't seen any order openings for her, but keep checking the op sites today and tomorrow if interested.

Zero Suit Samus figure just got an opening on amiami. She's 6980 yen (6% off msrp) instead of the previous preorder price of 5750 (22% off). Her expected release date is now 7/11.
-Edit- Sold out again.

i notice on some sites the link figure is still avalaible while the samus one is just plain gone already everywhere

That's because Link Figma preorders only started three weeks ago, while the Samus figures preorders opened months ago. Popular figures usually sell out of preorders at least two months before release.

Edited by lilman, 06 July 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#37 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

I received a watch list email last night from Hobby Search, saying Varia Samus was ready for order (at 10:26 PM). By the time I got back to my apartment at 10:50, the page didn't show any for sale. :/

#38 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

I'm not too well versed in Figma's releases. Are they a "Once they're gone, they're gone" kinda company or will we be able to find any outside of preordering?

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#39 lilman

lilman

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

I received a watch list email last night from Hobby Search, saying Varia Samus was ready for order (at 10:26 PM). By the time I got back to my apartment at 10:50, the page didn't show any for sale. :/

That's how it goes with popular figures. Keep checking the sites in the op for the next few days.

You can also keep an eye on her Tsuki-board page: http://myfigurecolle....net/item/81488
Tsuki-board is the best figure community and they are good at posting when orders are available somewhere. If a CAG joins that site, send me a friend request: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Cantisama

I'm not too well versed in Figma's releases. Are they a "Once they're gone, they're gone" kinda company or will we be able to find any outside of preordering?

Once a figure is gone, it is gone for good. There is usually at least a little extra stock outside of the preorders. This stock can appear at any time and then disappear very quickly (see Rig's comment ^). Sometimes they do re-release later on (several months or even over a year later), but don't count on it.

#40 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

That's how it goes with popular figures. Keep checking the sites in the op for the next few days.

You can also keep an eye on her Tsuki-board page: http://myfigurecolle....net/item/81488
Tsuki-board is the best figure community and they are good at posting when orders are available somewhere. If a CAG joins that site, send me a friend request: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Cantisama

Once a figure is gone, it is gone for good. There is usually at least a little extra stock outside of the preorders. This stock can appear at any time and then disappear very quickly (see Rig's comment ^). Sometimes they do re-release later on (several months or even over a year later), but don't count on it.

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I should get on that Link and keep an eye out for Samus then.

I see places like Bigbadtoystore have Samus still listed for preorder. Know what the odds may be of them delivering on that?

Edited by ActionKazimer, 06 July 2012 - 05:20 PM.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#41 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

I think I've got at least one figure pre-ordered for the next four months. Bluefin keeps hinting at a "Megaman surprise" for SDCC and it's got me licking my chops.

If you want Figma link I'd pre-order ASAP, a character with such western appeal is just more competition to get one. Situations like is why we need Bluefin to step in more.

#42 lilman

lilman

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

I see places like Bigbadtoystore have Samus still listed for preorder. Know what the odds may be of them delivering on that?

I can only recommend sites that I've used myself. I checked the Tsuki-board review for BBTS and they seem legit, but definitely not anyone's first choice. Also, their price for Varia Suit Samus Figma is $65! For perspective, I'm paying $36 for my preorder from AmiAmi. At least since BBTS is in the US, shipping will be cheaper and fast.

If you really want Samus Figma and don't want to wait to see if the op sites get additional stock (I think a few have gotten them, but they sold out in minutes), then I would go with Nippon-Yasan: http://www.nippon-ya...samus-aran.html
Their price (4500 JPY, ~$56) is above retail (3600 JPY, ~$45), but they are a much more trusted site. I have my first order from them currently on its way. My only problem with them has been that they took 10 days after payment to ship out my figure. Shipping to US should be about $14, so you're looking at $70 total. I guess that isn't much cheaper than BBTS, but I trust Nippon-Yasan more.

You could also try placing a backorder at Otacute: http://www.otacute.c...oducts_id=24828
I've heard of people having success with their backorders, but there is no guarantee.

#43 lilman

lilman

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

Zero Suit Samus was released yesterday as planned. Expect payment requests for preorders.

Just payed for both Samus figures from AmiAmi:
Varia Suit Samus Figma - 2820 JPY (~$36)
Zero Suit Samus - 5750 JPY (~$73)
SAL Registered shipping - 1790 JPY (~$23)
Total including currency exchange: ~$134

The Zero Suit Samus is heavier than expected, making shipping a few extra $.

Tsuki-board review of Varia Suit Samus Figma: http://myfigurecolle...n.net/blog/3531
Apparently she was in stock at AmiAmi early this morning, but sold out again. From what I've read, she may be the most popular Figma ever released. A good sign for future video game figure adaptations.

If you want Figma Link, you better preorder soon ^_^

Edited by lilman, 12 July 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#44 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Placed my order for Zero Suit. Had to get her and Varia from two different places. (Dang.)

#45 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Placed my order for Zero Suit. Had to get her and Varia from two different places. (Dang.)

Where did you make your orders?

#46 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Where did you make your orders?

Hobby Search for Varia and AmiAmi for ZSS.

#47 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

When did Hobby Search get it back in stock?

#48 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Yeah, scratch that. I have looked at way too many of those sites in the last couple weeks!

Got Varia from Nippon-Yasan, sorry.

#49 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

Anywhere at all left for ZSS?

My bad for waiting until the last minute, but if anyone knows of anywhere I'd appreciate the info.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#50 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

Sweet, I need a regular adult Link to add to my collection, I have the F4F Oni Link (or Fierce Deity) statue from a few years ago; this'll look sweet next to it :D
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#51 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

I'm still hoping for a Figma release of Gravity Suit Samus, if they can give us fourteen versions of Saber I think they can give us another Samus.

#52 lilman

lilman

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

I'm still hoping for a Figma release of Gravity Suit Samus, if they can give us fourteen versions of Saber I think they can give us another Samus.

Haha, shiny armor is the last straw :P I still bought a bunch of them though and have some on preorder. <3 Saber

I doubt we'll see Gravity Suit Samus. Pretty sure F4F has the rights to the Metroid series before Other M. That would explain why they went with the Other M branding for these two figures and Skyward Sword Link instead of the much more popular (and better colored) OOT Link.

#53 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Haha, shiny armor is the last straw :P I still bought a bunch of them though and have some on preorder. <3 Saber

I doubt we'll see Gravity Suit Samus. Pretty sure F4F has the rights to the Metroid series before Other M. That would explain why they went with the Other M branding for these two figures and Skyward Sword Link instead of the much more popular (and better colored) OOT Link.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Saber. I just wish her original Figma wasn't so expensive :-P. I don't really know how the rights are done for stuff like this, but I do know that I don't plan on spending $100+ on statues. I'm just hoping the massive sales and US sales for figures like Samus and Link send Max Factory a nice hint.

#54 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

I got an email a few days ag saying the box for Zero Suit Samus saying the packing is fragile and might arrive with slight cosmetic damage but the figures will be fine. I don't like the sound of that.

I'm hoping my two figures arrive ok but my lucky's been pretty shitty when importing expensive items.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#55 Ziv_Zulander

Ziv_Zulander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

I've ordered plenty of packages that were described as having "damaged boxes" and when they arrived they looked case fresh.

#56 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

I've ordered plenty of packages that were described as having "damaged boxes" and when they arrived they looked case fresh.

I'm not all that worried about the box, just worried about the figure inside.

This is only the second time I've purchased something from Japan (and the first time I ordered something expensive) so I'm kinda biting my nails here. Good to hear, nontheless.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#57 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

I had received the same "possible damaged box" email from AmiAmi.

Got ZSS in today...not a dint or ding on the outer box, and, the figure was untouched as well.

Almost can't believe this box traveled from Japan! I can't get a package from across town without it coming out a little scathed...but this...untouched.

#58 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Double post.

Can anybody recommend (preferably cheap) PVC figure glass or plastic cases for figures like this? I'm only gonna have the two Samus figures and Link, but, I also have some PVC figures that I won in the UFO Catchers in Tokyo.

Would really like to get some of them cased up.

These look awesome, but, "long sold out".

#59 Edwin29

Edwin29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:35 AM

Oboro Muramasa Momohime figure is available now for preorder for those of us who missed the 2010 released.

Spoiler

And the Nendoroid Petite "Tales of" Series BOX

Spoiler

#60 lilman

lilman

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

Added Momohime (from Wii game Muramasa) to op. For those that haven't seen this one before, this is a re-release of a figure considered one of the most beautiful ever made. I preordered her immediately this morning from AmiAmi :3 She is adding to my already brutal November: (non-game figures)
Spoiler
. My wallet is hoping for delays ^_^

I don't know much about the Tales series, so let me know if it's popular enough that it should be added to the op.

Devil May Cry 3 figures coming out in October:
Dante (4900 JPY, ~$63): http://www.amiami.co...de=FIG-IPN-4531
Vergil (4900 JPY, ~$63): http://www.amiami.co...de=FIG-IPN-4532
I know DMC is popular, but these figures are of questionable quality and so they won't be in the op.

Edited by lilman, 18 July 2012 - 11:24 PM.