* * * * * 2 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

• Please log in to reply
705 replies to this topic

#691 lilman

lilman

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

I decided to sell RAH Link. Aside from the tunic material and color change, he is so big that I won't be able to take pics of him with any of my other figures (other than cradling Figma Link, lol). Figma Link came out great and I have lots of other Figma to pose him with. If I can find RAH Link later for cheaper, I will pick him up again.

I never bothered with nendoroids. They are cute but id rather have more poseability that figmas have. Ill probably wait for a reprint or something. They did it for link and samus (but theyre nintendo though). Just dont see myself forking triple the retail price.

It took me a while into figure collecting to learn the awesomeness that is Figma. Displays and pics are a lot more fun when the figure can pose. I do also enjoy Nendoroid for overwhelming cuteness. Wind Waker Link is going to be amazing as a Nendo.

I can't pay triple for Figma Kirito either. I did pay double for Figma Hachikuji the other day though ^^

#692 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

at5AJ7g.jpg

#693 lilman

lilman

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Did they come with chainsaws?

#694 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

Yep! They both have chainsaws. But I'm not confident with putting them in their hands, and I think it looks better without them.

#695 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Yaaay Nendoroid Link is up for preorder at Amiami. That checkout happened so fast.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#696 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

FIGURE-005546_02.jpg

FIGURE-005546_03.jpg

FIGURE-005546_04.jpg

Hoping he goes live on HLJ soon!

#697 lilman

lilman

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Wind Waker Link Nendoroid (August 2014):

J8LMIup.jpg

Wind Waker Link Nendoroid from AmiAmi (3250 JPY, ~$35): http://www.amiami.co...e=FIGURE-005546

They included a sidle expression... I love you GSC.

Added to op. I bet the US shops will get him as well. I pre-ordered one from AmiAmi. Will likely order a second to keep in box. Waiting to see how my August turns out. So far it's just Link and (non-game figure)

Spoiler

#698 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

Man, that sneaky face is so good.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#699 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

I'm not much of a Zelda fan, but this Nendoroid's pretty irresistible. This might be the best Nendo since Jack Frost.

When I saw that promo pic of Link holding up the Heart Container, the chest music played in my head. I'm gonna take that as a sign, and maybe preorder him at HLJ… maybe...

ETA: My husband's seen him and now wants him. Welp! XD

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: The Official PAX Prime (and possibly East) 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#700 kickalillas2

kickalillas2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

FYI The Nendoroid Link that everyone loves, is on Crunchyrolls daily deals today. It's $36 plus shipping. Additonal discout if your a CR premium member and free shipping if you spend $75.

#701 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:42 AM

Nendo Link's live on HLJ! - http://www.hlj.com/product/GSC44392
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: The Official PAX Prime (and possibly East) 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#702 fujishig

fujishig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

Problem with Nendos that are solicited here (the US, via Bluefin, etc.) is that they're usually marked up a good amount.  I mean, a lot of imports are marked up, but they seem to have a higher markup than, say, Bandai stuff.

#703 lilman

lilman

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Nendoroid Shimakaze is currently in stock at HS: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10245077

Probably won't last long considering how hard she was to pre-order. I got her in the mail today. She looks cute and includes a lot in her larger than average Nendo box. Still haven't tried playing Kan Colle. As far as I know, it's only offered in Japanese :(

Updated op with more Wind Waker Link store links. Big in Japan is the cheapest place to order him from. If you can, I would pay upfront now since the JPY -> USD rate is good right now. Ordered today with cheapest shipping would be $38.

Problem with Nendos that are solicited here (the US, via Bluefin, etc.) is that they're usually marked up a good amount.  I mean, a lot of imports are marked up, but they seem to have a higher markup than, say, Bandai stuff.

Import figures are marked up for the cost of importing + store profit + convenience fee of not dealing with foreign store. Many people don't want to buy direct from Japan even though it's usually cheaper.

#704 fujishig

fujishig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

I don't mean stores importing directly and marking it up.  I mean Nendo's solicited in Diamond by licensed distributors for this country (these are the ones you can usually preorder from places like amazon.com or comic stores).  Sure there's still a markup, but the margin is pretty high.

For example, there are a bunch of Nendoroids in the most recent Previews.  The Little Busters Refrain: Komari is solicited for $55, when it retails for 3611 Yen.  That's a decent markup, even with shipping much cheaper to import.

Figuarts Naruto, also in the most recent Previews, is $39.99, retails in Japan for 4000 Yen.

I realize Bandai is a bigger company, and some of these figuarts (mainly the power rangers and Dragonball ones) are kinda specifically made for the US market (and are exclusives in Japan).

#705 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:24 AM

So u havnt imported anything and i saw figma strength at amiami for 4700 yen. If thats the only item im getting and id want the shipping with tracking (ems right?) how much would that be in $ includng paypal fees? Thanks guys. Sorry for being noob.

#706 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:01 AM

So u havnt imported anything and i saw figma strength at amiami for 4700 yen. If thats the only item im getting and id want the shipping with tracking (ems right?) how much would that be in $ includng paypal fees? Thanks guys. Sorry for being noob.

HLJ estimates EMS shipping for Strength at 1,740 yen; it might be a little more or less at AmiAmi (probably more… if I remember right, HLJ discounts its EMS shipping). You can also ask Ami to ship SAL Registered, which is cheaper and includes tracking/insurance, but it's also slower; still, it's worth looking into if you don't mind the wait. If you want a much more accurate estimate, I believe you can get one directly from Ami if you email them.

The total in USD, using HLJ's shipping estimate, is around $63 at today's exchange rate, but it will be slightly higher at PayPal thanks to their currency conversion fees… probably closer to $65. Hope this helps!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games