figure collectible japan

• Please log in to reply
710 replies to this topic

#151 dragoon99

dragoon99

Objection!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

Got my replacement Samus Figma thighs from GSC, and they have the same marks. The replacement left thigh is about the same as my current one, but the replacement right thigh is much better so I swapped it out.

Wow you got your replacements fast, that's good. One of my Samus legs is also much more noticeable than the other, even if it's not perfect I'd welcome an improvement.

I got a reply from GSC about my replacement a few days ago and they said they'd be sending them off to me soon. I'm still amazed they are sending free replacement legs overseas.

#152 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

Replacement thighs arrived (that's a little creepy-sounding, innit?) Still flawed, but one of them less so, so I replaced it. Scary process, ripping off limbs and joints...

#153 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

I forgot to update on mine.

They sent me both leg pieces. Both have the same mark on them. None were overly "better" than the other.

In the end, it's definitely not a big deal to me...especially seeing nearly all of them have it.

#154 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

got my Samus in the mail even though amazon said they canceled the sale/purchase totally confused about that

I have no regrets buying the figure. I am not fully pleased with the height though. people complain about the $60 price tag on play arts, but i had to pay $50 for this samus figure and its 1/2 the size. atleast play arts can be seen from ten feet away :P.
Posted Image

#155 dragoon99

dragoon99

Objection!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

I got my Samus leg replacement's too. But turns out only one leg was better than the old one but the color was slightly different and it had one tiny black dot in the paint job on the front of the thigh. So I won't be using the new ones. At least my Samus doesn't have any paint defects. Since it seems every leg has a defect to some degree I don't care anymore.

#156 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hokay, I dunno if anyone is still checking this thread, but Amiami also sells pre-owned figures, and given the generally meticulous nature of the Japanese, what they call damaged/used would get passed off as new-in-box here in the States.

The prices vary, can be cheaper than retail, can be more expensive, but it's another option for buyers.

#157 lilman

lilman

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Amiami also sells pre-owned figures, and given the generally meticulous nature of the Japanese, what they call damaged/used would get passed off as new-in-box here in the States.

Thanks for mentioning this. Secondhand shops are great to get out of production figures.

Added secondhand stores I've used to the op (Mandarake, Jungle, and AmiAmi Preowned). If you are looking for hard to find figures, search these stores before resorting to eBay.

Edited by lilman, 15 September 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#158 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:39 AM

Hmm will be getting back from deployment in 9 months...think those Catherine figures and other "older" ones (by then) will be obtainable still? Thanks guys

1xz7eo.gif

#159 lilman

lilman

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

Hmm will be getting back from deployment in 9 months...think those Catherine figures and other "older" ones (by then) will be obtainable still? Thanks guys

Only in secondhand stores. Even then, I don't see Catherine figures pop up in those stores too often :/ If you want one of the ones coming out at the end of this year, your best bet is to have family/friend back home preorder.

#160 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

I've seen some of the older Catherine figures floating around Amiami's preowned service. So it'll probably be ok. The question is whether it will go up or down in price tag.

#161 lilman

lilman

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Female Monster Hunter Tri Nendoroid has been painted and is coming out late January 2013:
Posted Image

Preorder from AmiAmi (3000 yen, ~$39): http://www.amiami.co...de=FIG-IPN-5144

The Male Monster Hunter Nendoroid coming out late November seems to be sold out everywhere except for Nippon-Yasan. Not my favorite shop, but better than nothing: http://www.nippon-ya...-x-edition.html

#162 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

I'm a little worried/frustrated right now. Looking back at my old posts, I clearly said I preordered the Link Figma. Dunno why I wouldn't have. Nevermind. I ordered under a different email address. D'oh! I have Katherine's under one, and, Link under the other. :/

But now, I can't find an order for it on any of the sites in the OP. (Pretty sure it would've been AmiAmi...) I see my two preorders for the Katherine figures. :S

Anybody have any idea what these are gonna be? I think I'm gonna preorder them:

http://www.amiami.co...de=FIG-IPN-5008
http://www.amiami.co...-IPN-5006&page=
http://www.amiami.co...-IPN-5007&page=

EDIT: I see there's also a handful of Mario figures in the same series line...

I dislike the old series Link; the others look cool.

Edited by Rig, 02 October 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#163 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

You just reminded me to check up on my Link preorder. I was shopping around for other prices, but it seems like Amiami might still be the best bet. Dunno how their shipping usually hits, but hopefully not too hard.

Looks like Link is 50 before shipping from BBTS. Anyone know generally what shipping is like from Amiami?

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#164 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

You just reminded me to check up on my Link preorder. I was shopping around for other prices, but it seems like Amiami might still be the best bet. Dunno how their shipping usually hits, but hopefully not too hard.

Looks like Link is 50 before shipping from BBTS. Anyone know generally what shipping is like from Amiami?

My last order was 580¥ for SAL, no tracking. With tracking, it was around 1200¥. I think air mail was 1800¥. I used to get more expensive shipping, but after getting every SAL in 2 weeks, I stopped bothering. I do live on the West coast though.

#165 lilman

lilman

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Anybody have any idea what these are gonna be? I think I'm gonna preorder them:

http://www.amiami.co...de=FIG-IPN-5008
http://www.amiami.co...-IPN-5006&page=
http://www.amiami.co...-IPN-5007&page=

EDIT: I see there's also a handful of Mario figures in the same series line...

I dislike the old series Link; the others look cool.

According to Tsuki-board, these "ultra series" figures are about the same size as Nendoroid Petit. Figures this small work well as a group on the edge of a desk or bookshelf.

The cheapest shipping (SAL Unregistered) for a single Figma should be no more than 780 yen (~$10). Add another $5 if you want SAL Registered. Figma package weight can vary depending on figure and accessories.

I'm glad to see that preorders for Link are still open at a lot of stores. I guess they learned a lesson from Samus.

#166 lilman

lilman

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Kongiku (Muramasa) (February 2013):
Posted Image
Kongiku from amiami (7320 JPY, ~$94): http://www.amiami.co...de=FIG-MOE-7355

#167 Dezner

Dezner

Kanetsugu! <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

FFFFFUUUUUU

Momohime's figure was gorgeous. Alter did such a good job with her that Kongiku might have to be a required purchase! :D

Also...DAT chest.

OrangeGouf.png

#168 lilman

lilman

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

I'm leaning that way too. Momohime looks so amazing that it would be nice to have Kongiku with her. I love the sculpt, kimono, fox ears and tail, and lantern. I think what's throwing me off is as big as her breasts are, they don't seem affected by gravity. A little less perk would look better.

-Edit-
Caved and preordered from AmiAmi. Alter has never let me down, so I'm sure she will not disappoint ^_^

Edited by lilman, 06 October 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#169 lilman

lilman

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Spider-Man Nendoroid (November 2012):
Posted Image
[Sold Out] Preorder Spider-Man from amiami (2850 JPY, ~$37): http://www.amiami.co...de=FIG-IPN-4572

Iron Man Nendoroid (Februrary 2013):
Posted Image
Preorder Iron Man from amiami (2880 JPY, ~$37): http://www.amiami.co...de=FIG-IPN-5312

These are more pop culture than video game, but since they do have games and would appeal to western audience I thought I should share.

I preordered Iron Man (combining shipping with Kongiku). Spider-Man seems to be sold out everywhere. I don't he looks so great (more creepy than cute) so I didn't preorder. Nendo Iron Man, on the other hand, looks adorable! There is a chance his face plate will be interchangeable like regular nendos, so you may be able to make an Iron Man out of your other nendo figures... *imagines Iron Saber* :3

-Update-
It is confirmed that Iron Man Nendo will have interchangeable face plate ^_^

Edited by lilman, 25 October 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#170 lilman

lilman

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Link has been delayed from October to November.

Let's see, with Saber Triumphant also delayed, I'm now at 39,303 yen (~$493) + shipping for November...
Hoping for some November to December delays ^^;

Edited by lilman, 22 October 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#171 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

I received my power rangers megazord and it be awesome, package could have used more protection in the box as it was bent in a little on one side and made me sad. I ordered 2 so that i could open one. i have yet to receive my other one from ANIME ISLAND, and I'm beginning to think this site wont ever send it to me even though i applied my money for it the day it went up for purchase.
Posted Image

#172 lilman

lilman

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Link now has a release date: 11/22

Still no firm date for Momohime, but Alter is good about releasing on schedule so expect her by end of November.

#173 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

My Link figure is being prepared for shipment. Got the payment request yesterday.

#174 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Mine is too.

#175 lilman

lilman

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Paid for Link from Hobby Search yesterday. Got the 50% of EMS shipping deal from June, so I should get him quickly.

#176 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

My Figma Link came in today! Really fast shipping. Cant wait for Momohime!

#177 lilman

lilman

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Cant wait for Momohime!

You're going to have to. Momohime is delayed to January 2013 :(

#178 lilman

lilman

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Opened Figma Link today. His quality is excellent. Joints are all great. There is even a joint for the tip of his hat so you can make room for the angled scabbard on his back. For those of you new to Figma, the handle of the shield and the bottom of the sword's hilt come apart so you can slide them into his hands. A little instruction sheet with pics is located near the stand.

I wish they had included additional accessories... boomerang, bomb, fishing rod, little bottle, whatever. A texture to the chain mail would have also been nice. Overall he's definitely worth getting if you are a fan of the Zelda series, but he's not quite as amazing as Figma Samus.

#179 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Opened Figma Link today. His quality is excellent. Joints are all great. There is even a joint for the tip of his hat so you can make room for the angled scabbard on his back. For those of you new to Figma, the handle of the shield and the bottom of the sword's hilt come apart so you can slide them into his hands. A little instruction sheet with pics is located near the stand.

I wish they had included additional accessories... boomerang, bomb, fishing rod, little bottle, whatever. A texture to the chain mail would have also been nice. Overall he's definitely worth getting if you are a fan of the Zelda series, but he's not quite as amazing as Figma Samus.

Glad to hear it. My order from Amiami's in the mail now. Very eager to see him. Pretty tempted to start fabricating my own accessories for him. I'm feelin' some Mogma Mitts.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#180 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

You're going to have to. Momohime is delayed to January 2013 :(

That sucks, but honestly, Im glad as my wallet is hurting right now!