CAGcast #268: Drotally Drawesome

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:22 AM

Wombat is confused by Microsoft Points, CheapyD is baffled by uDraw, and Shipwreck is puzzled by Xbox 720 rumors.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 67 minutes, 41MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
http://www.netxtrack...ADID=476689

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Jokers Wild by The Ventures / Nobody Loves the Hulk by The Traits

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 26 January 2012 - 04:49 AM.

#2 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

Strap it on!
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#3 Cheshire Wolf

Cheshire Wolf

CAG BALLER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

Excited for this! Specially since I have 3 full days of work ahead of me =/
Can a young Fuck get money anymore? - Kanye West

#4 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:07 AM

Going to listen Friday on my day off. Can only do it then or I'm not fully relaxed to absorb the entire CAGcast.

#5 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

I haven't posted in the show thread in a while but I just came to say that hearing the cagcast every week makes life a little bit better. Keep it up gents.

#6 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:45 AM

Just downloaded!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#7 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:16 AM

Shipwreck, Amazon hasn't been selling the 3DS directly since July or so and no one knows why. I think the same goes for Wii and DSi as well.

I think the Wii U really depends on how powerful it is in comparison to 720 and PS4. If recent rumors are anything to go by, it'll be weaker than 720, but not by a significant amount that would discourage ports to it.

And if used games weren't allowed on 720, sales and more importantly player volume would dry up there and go to other platforms, hurting third party games sales on the platform, something they currently have a stranglehold on. It's not something that's outside the realm of possibility of happening, but if it does, it will cost them marketshare and mindshare.

Edited by KingBroly, 26 January 2012 - 03:42 PM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#8 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

you think you can Fuck with a c-list internet celebrity. lol cheapyd.
I think you should have said something like you think that's hard try coaching girls basketball!

I would like to read all of your audio. lz send me a link? anyway, good show except the show feedbackpart kind of strange.

i didn't get the part about the superhero Sr3 though. other than invinsibility and the automobile it sounded like maybe prototype?

Edited by serenitygod, 26 January 2012 - 07:26 AM.

Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#9 MattJ1991

MattJ1991

Cheap Ass Matthew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

Cheapy! Im glad to hear you're liking Netflix but PLEASE take my recommendation and watch Luther and Sherlock, they're both short and awesome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 munkishine

munkishine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

Guys, i look forward to your podcast every week. Thanks for doing this and keep it up.

#11 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

Cheapy! Im glad to hear you're liking Netflix but PLEASE take my recommendation and watch Luther and Sherlock, they're both short and awesome.

I've seen all the Sherlocks and will
check out Luther.

#12 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

I never paid taxes on Microsoft points.
Ever.

Usually buy them at Wal-Mart B&M or on Amazon. Bought it through Buy.com once when it was on sale.

I rarely see Playstation cards on sale so I'm discouraged by MS turning points into cash.

#13 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Good show, guys.

As people have said, I have never paid tax on Microsoft points when bought at retail stores.

I'm also hyped about SSX. The Giant Bomb guys referred to it as "Burnout in snow"—which I dig. I like how the gear is something outta Borderlands and that the type of gear you equip matters when tackling mountains.

You know what's funny about this "Microsoft prohibiting the use of used games" hubbub? There was a hoax some seven years ago about Microsoft tinkering with "single-play DVDs."

http://www.edbott.co...vds-its-a-hoax/

Seems sorta prophetic now. ;)

#14 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

I've paid tax on points when purchased through LIVE or PSN, but not through Amazon. NY taxes everything even fockin bottled water.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#15 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

Why build a PC when you have a very capable Mac.Just put windows in a partition and use boot camp.Instant gaming PC.

#16 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

I can't believe the need to dissect and translate the State of the Union speech by the media. Apparently it was worded so easily, any idiot could understand it. You could be playing Saints Row with the music turned off and be listening to the speech at the same time while having a brewski and still understand it.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#17 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

cause Tinytower is TOTALLY an original IP and isn't derivative of anything that exists.

http://kotaku.com/58...ameand-simtower

#18 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

cause Tinytower is TOTALLY an original IP and isn't derivative of anything that exists.

http://kotaku.com/58...ameand-simtower

I have not played Corporation Inc., but Tiny Tower and SimTower are substantially different experiences. Judging from screenshots of Corporation Inc., it doesn't appear to be the exact same game as Tiny Tower. Like I said, I haven't played it though. Just like the person who wrote that thing on Kotaku said they hadn't played Tiny Tower. Nice title by Kotaku too.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#19 Salami Inferno

Salami Inferno

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

You guys mentioned there is nothing to play this month, well I'll shamelessly plug Star Trek Online! I'm a producer on the project and we just went Free to Play last week so I wanted to throw it out there.

Love the show, btw. I started listening when I was in QA to make the day go by faster, and that was somewhere around CagCast 50. Keep up the good work!

#20 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Can't listen past the 20:56 mark on IPhone 4. Once it hits that point stream freezes and resets.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#21 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

I got the Wii uDraw for my wife for Christmas 2010 because she's artistically inclined, but she said drawing with it was too difficult and not fun so it just sits in the closest.

I probably should have put the $63 I paid for it towards a Wacom tablet.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#22 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

My favorite thing about the CheapyD Homie is his screaming. He doesn't have a parachute, yet he hasn't learned not to follow me into an airplane because I never bother to land them.

One thing I do like about Microsoft points: the prices are round. PSN prices have weird things like $2.39, which leaves odd amounts in my account. But with points, they always seem to be priced at even dollar, or half-dollar, equivalents.

The only way for Microsoft to successfully pull off the "no used games" feature is to go all digital. They have a large online user base, but are they prepared to sacrifice the non-connected masses? They aren't getting any dlc money from them now, so maybe they won't care if they're gone totally.
The new Xbox is rumored to have Bluray, which I am totally against. The poor read rate and mandatory installs is a big reason I do most my gaming on the 360 instead of the PS3. Maybe nextgen games should come on thumbdrives.
I am worried about my gamertag. Will they allow some sort of seperation between console generations to allow me to go back & forth without tedious recovery or USB shenanigans? I can see them implementing a new system of achievements, starting everyone at zero for the new system. Maybe they'll have an achievement-reward system in place this time.

I am still very cautious about the new SSX. SSX 3 was probably my favorite last gen game. But to me SSX is about two things: the crazy tricks and the characters. I have yet to see anything about voice acting for the new game. The worst part of SSX3 was the unlockable characters who were silent. If they're not going to give them the full quality voice acting, why bother having premade characters?

#23 gaypunk

gaypunk

Omni-Gellin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

I think the rumor is true, to a degree. I see them implementing the current system of online codes for online play, minus the code. It would be easy to "activate" online features by tying it to a gamertag, thus a used game that was previously activated, would prompt you to buy an online pass.

Anything beyond that, would be offensive. But, if they could make the current online pass system without the need for the actual code, it would save publishers the price of the insert.

I also bought a UDRAW for the 360, for 30$. I had a good time with the Marvel game, and the various features of the art game were fun. Definitely worth 30 bucks, and might of been a success, at that price...

#24 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

I have not played Corporation Inc., but Tiny Tower and SimTower are substantially different experiences. Judging from screenshots of Corporation Inc., it doesn't appear to be the exact same game as Tiny Tower. Like I said, I haven't played it though. Just like the person who wrote that thing on Kotaku said they hadn't played Tiny Tower. Nice title by Kotaku too.

I also read Zynga tried to acquire the Tiny Tower dev. Makes it look worse for Zynga.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#25 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

Why do so many people refer to the next Xbox iteration as the Xbox 720? It doesn't make any sense. Xbox 360 made sense because "360" meant all encompassing (video, online, games, music, etc.). Who thought that multiplying the 360 by 2 was the next iteration? Has Microsoft put that out as the temporary project name anywhere? It's not like they are at a skate park doing double 360's. It sounds bad but Xbox 360 2 makes more sense (they won't use that). Most likely they will just give it a new name to follow the "Xbox" brand. Sorry /rant off.

ach.png

#26 Cheshire Wolf

Cheshire Wolf

CAG BALLER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

Great CAGcast, I was glad to see there wasn't an entire section of the show devoted to the comments last week, as I'm sure you'd agree would be neither constructive, nor enjoyable. Shipwreck pretty much summed it up with his strange iCarly reference.

The best part for me this week was the revival of Top Analyst, something that I really loved about the show that kind of just appears and disappears among the shows. It also makes me wonder the last episode you guys talked NPD numbers.

The Avengers cartoon is really good, which is surprising, especially with all the greatest Marvel TV shows (In my opinion) mostly centering around the nineties (i.e. X-Men, Spider-man.)

The only thing about the episode that puzzled me was lack of talk for the new Resident Evil trailer. As someone who 100% agrees with you about Capcom's shady business ethics, it's an awkward situation considering how utterly impressive the trailer looks at first glance.
Can a young Fuck get money anymore? - Kanye West

#27 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hey why do some things pass by so easily on the cast?

Toys R Us has Skyrim for $39.99.

From 12/18 and you even talked about it on the cast. Front page here.
Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#28 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

Wombat is definitely "Sam"... co-host and always getting into trouble, and always coming in second at beauty contests!

#29 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

In regards to the MS points going to $ values, I also think it is for the publishers to have more granular pricing options than what they currently have, ie. to be able to sell something for $1.29 instead of trying to sell it with an odd points value like 108 points. Also, now that the PSN has become a more viable platform, MS might see the value to having the same pricing convention as the PSN in order to compete more effectively.

I don't see this possible change impacting the occasional sale on MS point cards, as PSN cards, which are in dollar amounts, do go on sale occasionally...often at the same time as MS cards do.

#30 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

In my defense, all I had to work with was MS Paint.

Posted Image