(Dead) Star Ocean Last Hope International (PS3) $14.99 at Newegg. Ends 11:59 PST!

sajinor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Sorry to post this so late, #-o but Newegg didn't really have this deal out in the open. Star Ocean Last Hope International is at $14.99 with the promo code as part of a 24 hour deal. It ends 1/25/2012 at 11:59 PST, so there is a couple hours to grab it. Free shipping too, of course. Again, sorry its so late, but I thought it was a pretty decent deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879262026&Tpk=79-262-026

Last edited by a moderator:
just wanted to say the save data can't be copy for this game which is f'd up! Only way you can backup your data is via cloud on PS+

One of my favorite JRPGs this genration. Other favorites would be Eternal Sonata, and Tales of Vesperia, so even though Star Ocean is a tad different than those games my point is if you liked either of those games this is a low risk purchase.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']after watching some reviews i still never knew if the gameplay was fun or not. strange.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Bought it anyway, knowing this is probably about the cheapest it will go, even though I will probably never get to it. Back to $40 now.

The combat really is the best part of the game. Tons of fun really. Just make sure to not take the storyline seriously as it sucks and has so many plot holes. >_>

The characters in this game are painful to watch... just awful character design. The combat is pretty good though. If you decide to pick this up turn on Japanese voices. The english dub will rape your ears. I am unfortunate to have the xbox version with only english voices :

[quote name='Orangekun842']The characters in this game are painful to watch... just awful character design. The combat is pretty good though. If you decide to pick this up turn on Japanese voices. The english dub will rape your ears. I am unfortunate to have the xbox version with only english voices :

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Pretty fun game, I kept playing until the wee hours of the morning. HORRENDOUS storyline though. :X[/QUOTE]

The only thing really horrendous about the whole storyline was Lymle......and Welch...

[quote name='headbanger1186']The only thing really horrendous about the whole storyline was Lymle......and Welch...[/QUOTE]

Can't agree with you more. If I ever want to play it will get it for PS3. Kay? :whistle2:#

[quote name='OregonDealz']Hrmm, this has the original Japanese audio. That sounds cool. Think we'll see 10$ on this one?[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I have this on the 360 in my backlog, any other differences that google won't say right away?

[quote name='CaoPi']just wanted to say the save data can't be copy for this game which is f'd up! Only way you can backup your data is via cloud on PS+[/QUOTE]
In general, is there any real reason to not let you copy save game data?

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']One of my favorite JRPGs this genration. Other favorites would be Eternal Sonata, and Tales of Vesperia, so even though Star Ocean is a tad different than those games my point is if you liked either of those games this is a low risk purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I have all three in my backlog! Definitely need to stop buying games for awhile to get through these.

Terrible game. The price is worth it for a JRPG genre fan but anyone else should stay away. Folks here are saying "great game but terrible story and acting". IMHO, a JRPRG is nothing without a good story - that's what makes the genre what it is. JRPG's aren't open world RPG's where you can experience anything you want in your own time, actually roleplay if you want to, and do a ton of different stuff like WRPG's are. I've always thought of a JRPG as a good book or movie that you're playing the lead role of. When the story is terrible and the dialogue is painful then why would you want it? Why would you buy this just for combat mechanics (which do become repetitive)? Also, the "space ships" are ridiculously stupid. What moron designs a spaceship that's 90% hallways and 10% functional space? That's a very inefficient use of space when you consider the cost of heating/lighting/lifesupport/etc for all that extra useless space.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Interesting, I have this on the 360 in my backlog, any other differences that google won't say right away?

In general, is there any real reason to not let you copy save game data?

Yup, I have all three in my backlog! Definitely need to stop buying games for awhile to get through these.[/QUOTE]
Eternal Sonata starts out fun and it's quite beautiful but quickly becomes worse and the ending is a anime style "WTF" ending. If you have Tales of Vesperia in your backlog, I'd drop everything and play that. It's the best JRPG this generation and one of the best games in general this generation as well. It's fucking awesome.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Interesting, I have this on the 360 in my backlog, any other differences that google won't say right away?[[/QUOTE]

Heh, thanks for reminding me that I already bought this game for the 360. I was feeling down that I missed a good deal, then I remembered that I had it .. somewhere.

bread's done
Back