Duke Nukem Forever - PS3 and XBox 360 - $5.99 - Shipped - NewEgg

Honestly I don't think this game is worth paying for period. One of the worst/least fun games I've played in recent memory.

[quote name='jack612']Honestly I don't think this game is worth paying for period. One of the worst/least fun games I've played in recent memory.[/QUOTE]

Try it under the influence ;)

[quote name='jack612']Honestly I don't think this game is worth paying for period. One of the worst/least fun games I've played in recent memory.[/QUOTE]

Yea.. I was very unimpressed with the demo. I didn't like the controls.. just how you moved, jumped, etc. The controls seemed very stiff and the demo came off a little buggy as well. Is the full game the same all the way through?

[quote name='TooPoor']didn't get this when BBY had it for $5, now debating again.....all this struggling, this is not good for my head[/QUOTE]

Same...

[quote name='H4Y4TO']Same...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, people bashed Brink, but I bought it for the hell of it, had some fun for 2 or 3 days, thought that was worth $5.

F' it ... Figuring with the cost of shipping the game is practically free. I'll consider it a continuing investment in the US Postal Service ...

+1

I bought 8 copies PS3 & 8 Copies 360 for $5.XX Each at bestbuy 2 months ago. Trade-in at local Block Blusters for $17 Each. End up Picked up 30+ blu-ray movies :)

[quote name='MrBoss']$5.99 with free shipping and nude chicks in the game how can you go wrong?[/QUOTE]

Said it right there. Its worth it just to see how raunchy duke nukem is I like how they make him a womanizer etc. I enjoy it so far more then brutal legend working on getting platinum.

[quote name='MrBoss']$5.99 with free shipping and nude chicks in the game how can you go wrong?[/QUOTE]

You just made me buy a copy. :applause:

[quote name='Masterkyo']I bought 8 copies PS3 & 8 Copies 360 for $5.XX Each at bestbuy 2 months ago. Trade-in at local Block Blusters for $17 Each. End up Picked up 30+ blu-ray movies :)[/QUOTE]

That's about the only good use for the game!

[quote name='Lordd_G']Still a $1 more than I got it for at BBY...[/QUOTE]

Only about 50 cents more for me than BBY after tax.

I paid $10 from GameFly and thought it was worth it. It's definitely old school, and would have been amazing had it been released 14 years ago. I played the heck out of Duke 3D in 1996, so I enjoyed the game.

It's a product of its time, that's for certain, and if you look at it like that you'll enjoy it a lot more.

[quote name='pdjones']I would have bought it at that price. But I am not too broke up about losing out on the deal either.[/QUOTE]

I am in this boat as well.

I got this during the Best Buy sale and it was totally worth it. I enjoyed every minute of it. I think if you go into it already knowing not to expect COD/Battlefield/Halo, you wont be so disappointed.

I am a huge fan of the original Duke 3D on the PC many years ago. Its still amazes me to this day how they totally fucked this game up.

with a description like this (there's no way they're lying about it!), how can you guys resist?!

Ego, and Then Some - Step into the shoes of Duke Nukem, the steroidal one-man army who never fails and always gets the babes.

Bust-a-Gut - Duke pulls no punches. He does and says the things you are thinking. Duke's constant stream of hilarious one-liners throughout the game will have gamers rolling.

World Interactivity - Spend as much time as you want shooting hoops, lifting weights, playing pinball, pool, air hockey, and slots.

Scale and Variety - This game has it all -- packed with explosive FPS action, outlandish settings, vehicle driving, and puzzle solving -- gamers will never tire of the endless fun.

Multiplayer Like No Other - Duke re-envisions classic modes of play in his own hilarious and humiliating way. Shrink your opponent and squash him with your foot. Freeze and shatter him. Attach explosives to his back. Roll a pipe bomb between his legs, or just frag him old-fashioned with a rocket.

[quote name='waatulakula']This is something I never thought I would hear concerning DNF.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap! :rofl:

I bought Hunted: The Demon's Forge. Almost bought X-Blades, Velvet Assassin, and Venetica. And I have bought WAY worse games than those. But...I'll continue to pass on Duke Nukem...forever.

H:TDF was so close to good. I wanted it to succeed so hard that I played it cover to cover. But I could not will it to do the right things.

[quote name='pwnthee']Oh snap! :rofl:

I bought Hunted: The Demon's Forge. Almost bought X-Blades, Velvet Assassin, and Venetica. And I have bought WAY worse games than those. But...I'll continue to pass on Duke Nukem...forever.[/QUOTE]

I played Velvet Assassin because it was a free rental. Then I made it to the fifth level. I stopped playing it at that point, lol. Definitely not worth a purchase.

I'm waiting for Target to mark it down to about this level so I can get the free poster.

Already got the game for PC. The Balls of Steel Edition. And this is where it gets awkward... ... ... at full price.

Hey, to finally have a tangible copy of a game that had been merely a dream for about half of my life, it was worth it. Still afraid to play it :p

[quote name='pwnthee']...I'll continue to pass on Duke Nukem...forever.[/QUOTE]
I see what you did there. Hee hee.

I'm trying to fix my que for my backlog and I honestly don't know if I'm ever going to play my sealed copy of this game. I wish it had coop at least so me and a buddy of mine could just blow through this game while we are drunk or something lol.

bread's done
Back