Photo
- - - - -

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360/PS3) $44.99 at Newegg (TRU match)

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#331 LSandok

LSandok

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Shit, my order got voided/canceled because they "miscalculated available stock". Very disappointed, debating on whether to cancel my $44.99 pre-orders of SSX and SF X Tekken.

How did newegg notify you about the game being voided, I am still waiting for a response from them?

#332 Percy Harvin

Percy Harvin

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Got the match at TRU. Definitely worth it.

#333 JammerFi

JammerFi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hey, does anyone know if Amalur is $44.99 at TRU B&M; or is that an online only price?

#334 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

Sucks that people's orders are out of stock/voided/canceled. Sorry to hear that, hoping that I was many of the others first up on line for SFXTekken preorder so I can def. grab it for 45. Whoever was late on preordering on KOA, don't be hesitate on canceling your other preorders from Newegg. Just keep it just in case, disappointed or not, just keep those preorders because if you went ahead in the last min to reserve KOA, of course it's Newegg's fault but it's also yours. Should of preordered once it went to 45 to at least be ahead of everyone else.

Plus, the game isn't all that. Reminds me a Fable a lot in which I wasn't a fan of at all. I get sleepy most of the time running around to here and there. I usually play an hour, stop, play another hour of it later, and repeat to not fall asleep. It's a decent game, def. worth 30 or less. Unless you need a RPG Action/Adventure fix RIGHT NOW.
Posted Image

#335 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

Looks like Amazon priced matched it for Xbox 360:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0044SA70M/

If I preordered it on release day from Amazon, I would try for a partial refund.

#336 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

Got my backorder cancellation email from Newegg. Came here and saw the Amazon price. Bought. Glad Amazon finally matched!

#337 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Looks like Amazon priced matched it for Xbox 360:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0044SA70M/

If I preordered it on release day from Amazon, I would try for a partial refund.

WTF is wrong with Amazon lately. Tired of this BS PM three days after orders ship/arrive.

#338 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

My copy arrived from Newegg on Wednesday. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#339 tecwrtr

tecwrtr

She who hesitates...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

I just chatted with an Amazon rep and got the price match. Yay! That has definitely restored my good will toward them. :applause:

#340 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

How did newegg notify you about the game being voided, I am still waiting for a response from them?

I just got the notification too... That's really shitty. The guy told me yesterday that they were shipping directly from the warehouse and that was on its way and I should expect it soon.

Why is it so hard for companies to keep track of their preorder allotments?

#341 fenixthom

fenixthom

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

It has now been matched at Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...28900645&sr=8-1

Edited by fenixthom, 10 February 2012 - 07:07 PM.
Duplicate

#342 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

Lol. Of course. Match it after everyone who truly wanted the game preordered it and received it for full price.

#343 nathan88

nathan88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Wtf the PS3 version is still 59.99... :(

#344 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

This.

#345 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

its because the ps3 version is oos on toysrus.com while 360 version is still instock. they don't match oos items. b&m stores are typically the same way.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#346 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Really worried about my Mass Effect 3 preorder now. I mean I don't care if I don't get it launch day, but if I have to wait more than a day after launch to play this (or even face it being canceled), oh I will be pissed off to no extent.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#347 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

its because the ps3 version is oos on toysrus.com while 360 version is still instock. they don't match oos items. b&m stores are typically the same way.

This is retarded.

#348 mjrusso45

mjrusso45

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Grabbed it for $45. This is why I don't pre-order or buy games on release date.

Happy with this price.

#349 calixguy18

calixguy18

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

Went to TRU last night to try to pick it up there. The guy said they were sold out and only received 2 copies (for xbox). Not sure if I believe him but that's pretty retarded if it's true.

Not sure if I should order from Amazon or TRU...no tax on Amazon but I have a gf from TRU...

#350 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

Grabbed it for $45. This is why I don't pre-order or buy games on release date.

Happy with this price.

You don't preorder games so you can buy it three days after release for the same price?

#351 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

Went to TRU last night to try to pick it up there. The guy said they were sold out and only received 2 copies (for xbox). Not sure if I believe him but that's pretty retarded if it's true.

The one here only got a couple copies for each system too. I just decided to hold off because it doesn't seem like this will be staying at $60 for too long and I would rather get it somewhere I have credit at.

#352 cuscott

cuscott

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

I got BB to price match the ToysRus price with no problem. I just printed out a copy of the item on the toysrus website.

#353 atlantis

atlantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Still waiting on my 360 copy from Tru. Unbelievably shitty shipping service. A week just to a get a game? Come the Fuck on.

#354 AngelMayLaugh

AngelMayLaugh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

I played the demo. First WRPG that feels good to me since I played the original Fable(not that I cared to play any other WRPGs). I love the MMO feel of it. But I think I can wait a few months for this to hit 20-30ish
Posted Image