Final Fantasy XIII-3?....to be announced?????

I think this is a brilliant idea. I mean, the stories have been quite sub-par lately. I wouldn't mind seeing Square stick with a set of characters/story for a few games. Hell of a lot better than shitty sequels just to cash-in (X-2).

Square just had a ton of "words" that ended in "cie" and they didn't want them to go to waste.

I personally thought the story in XIII was terrible. I got about halfway through it and decided I really didn't care what happened.

[quote name='hpbbes']Square just had a ton of "words" that ended in "cie" and they didn't want them to go to waste.

I personally thought the story in XIII was terrible. I got about halfway through it and decided I really didn't care what happened.[/QUOTE]

Lol. I did like it, but maybe I had just played too many shooters like MW before I played it.

I loved the xii story once I figured out what was.going on. It was like a good season of 24. "What?......ohhh....cool!".

A bad FF story is better than most games

[quote name='Vinny']Or maybe they're planning on putting it in a series of DLC for the game, like episodic content?[/QUOTE]

I read several reviews and they said that there are so many unanswered questions dlc could never answer them, it would take a full game

What the....

This is stupid. >_> The game hasn't even been released. I suppose that's why most reviewers are saying that the game (XIII-2) has no closure. I suppose in a way it's cool that they stick with the same characters. I'll have to see how I really feel about this AFTER I play the game myself when it is released on Tuesday.

My Prediction:
- At the end of Final Fantasy XIII-III, the entire Triology is retconned from existence, so that Final Fantasy XV will be XIII all over again, but this time they'll have someone smart enough to do it right and not that idiot Toriyama.

I read several reviews and they said that there are so many unanswered questions dlc could never answer them, it would take a full game
You read several reviews, or did you just read the GI review? That's the only place I've seen make that very specific quote.

It seems entirely possible that there will be a XIII-3: Square spent a good chunk of this console generation (and probably the last) developing XIII so I could definitely see them wanting to get as much out of it as they can. Still, I don't know if it's in good form to take an article from a guy that thinks there's too much plot left over in this game and turn it into "Final Fantasy XIII-3 is going to be announced!" It is possible that there is some DLC on the way that resolves the story with or without closing all of these unanswered questions. Outside of being real confident that it's coming, there's no basis for it until it actually IS announced.

Personally I just want to play effing Versus.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218042p1.html

Final Fantasy XIII-2 ends with the words "to be continued," seemingly hinting at the possibility of Final Fantasy XIII-3. According to director Motomu Toriyama, that wasn't necessarily the intent; the ending is instead leaving room for downloadable content and the game's multiple "Paradox Endings."

Speaking at the Taipei Game Show this weekend, Toriyama said that the message is intended to point players toward the game's multiple endings

Eh, XIII-2's story was its weakest aspect --- or at least the ending was. I think I'll save money on any DLC releases unless they involve going into Sazh's story.

If anyone's seen the secret ending after getting all 160 fargments, it really is 'to be continued', even after viewing all the endings.

[quote name='IRHari']If anyone's seen the secret ending after getting all 160 fargments, it really is 'to be continued', even after viewing all the endings.[/QUOTE]

Yes still TBC there will either be added content to fill the void or xiii-3 proper will start from said point.

Square Exnix already registered finalfantasy 13-3 domain back in 9/2011. They did the same thing with final fantasy 13-2 in 1/2011. Final Fantasy 13-3 might also be the 1st Final Fantasy game to offer 3D, square enix has already tested this with a special trailer of final fantasy xiii released alongside avatar in Japan.

I beat Final Fantasy XIII-2 and I'll be absolutely floored if they don't make XIII-3. There's no way they can continue and resolve the story via DLC. Especially not in a game that features a monster as a third party member.

It's not like it would be hard for them to make the next installment either. They have the characters and battle system in place, all they'd have to do is enhance it if possible. And the storyline is already a mess, so it doesn't matter what direction they go with it for the next game.

[quote name='hpbbes']I personally thought the story in XIII was terrible. I got about halfway through it and decided I really didn't care what happened.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I am playing XIII and I am loving the game. The character design and look of the bosses is great. I also like the battle system.

Is anyone else tired of FF games going to the beach? I kind of want a medieval quest in a realm of snow and ice. Rave parties at the beach are fun and all but lets go back to the roots.

[quote name='camoor'] I kind of want a medieval quest in a realm of snow and ice. [/QUOTE]Yeah. With dragons. And maybe you could kill people by yelling at them. I would buy a game like that.

I'd be fine with this, one of those folks who really liked the battle system of XIII and XIII-2.

This is ridiculous.

I miss the Squaresoft days where every new FF game was a NEW game. New world, new characters, new story, etc. This generation been nothing but sequels. I'm sick of everything XIII. They need to give us a new FF!

This will be another rent for me.

[quote name='whoknows']You're sick of everything FFXIII but you're going to play XIII-3 anyways?[/QUOTE]
Everyone has that ex that they still like to fuck.

bread's done
Back