Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D $39.99 plus $10 credit FS Amazon

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

They touched up character models, but sacrificed other elements in order to do so. Basically, if you care more about how the people look you'll be happier, but if you enjoyed the environments before or were looking forward to nice looking jungles you might be really disappointed if you don't care about the 3D functionality.

http://i.imgur.com/ZTMwI.jpg

That's a fairly old picture actually- they released that before a lot of the improvements were made. If you look at the brick wall to the right, it looks like it is in the process of being retextured- the bricks on the left edge look very crisp and are colored differently than the rest of the wall (which is s blurry mess).

#32 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

That's a fairly old picture actually- they released that before a lot of the improvements were made. If you look at the brick wall to the right, it looks like it is in the process of being retextured- the bricks on the left edge look very crisp and are colored differently than the rest of the wall (which is s blurry mess).

This is more recent and looks a little better: http://dsmedia.ign.c...5955307-000.jpg

Either way, I'm not saying don't get it since it'll still mostly be the same fun game with some neat extra features and visual flair (3D). Just don't expect everything to be improved on the same level of what was done to faces.

#33 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

Yeah exactly. That amazon thread is pretty worthless. I'm not sure why it is even sticked. Case in point:

Last edited by shrike4242; 11-11-2011 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: added MW3, removed old deals

The op hasn't been updated in over eight weeks.

Besides in recent memory almost alll new release games with Amazon credit get their own thread

It's a Wiki so that date/time stamp means nothing. The thread is up-to-date.
However, I'm happy to see all the games get their individual thread as well.