Was bored, did mod.

• Please log in to reply
692 replies to this topic

#541 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Could use some feed me, change me, hold me etc. indicator LEDs.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#542 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

LOL!

Also, a snooze button and a "hey, I know you're changing my diaper, but I'm about to pee on you" warning LED ;)

#543 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

:lol: Yeah, you've got to be quick when you're changing a boy. Girls just soak whatever you're changing them on. With a boy, move too slow and you could be taking it in the face.

#544 catabarez

catabarez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Wiggy do you have any experience in making controllers wireless?
Posted Image

#545 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

One good thing about me being a night owl was that it was very easy for my wife and I to take turns with our son when he was a baby. By having different sleeping schedules, we hardly ever missed out on any sleep.

Also, I don't know why this isn't mentioned more often, but cover your boy's crotch with a wipe when changing him. That way, if he pees, it usually won't go anywhere. There may be times when he either pulls it away or he is able to simply pee hard enough to knock it off, but this method works 95% of the time. I've been peed on maybe two or three times at the most in his lifetime, and even then, it was minor.

#546 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

:lol: Yeah, you've got to be quick when you're changing a boy. Girls just soak whatever you're changing them on. With a boy, move too slow and you could be taking it in the face.

I've become adept at keeping a butt wipe over his junk while changing ;)

Wiggy do you have any experience in making controllers wireless?

Yes, and it's something that my one partner and I are working on as far as a product offering goes. What console(s) are you thinking?

One good thing about me being a night owl was that it was very easy for my wife and I to take turns with our son when he was a baby. By having different sleeping schedules, we hardly ever missed out on any sleep.

Also, I don't know why this isn't mentioned more often, but cover your boy's crotch with a wipe when changing him. That way, if he pees, it usually won't go anywhere. There may be times when he either pulls it away or he is able to simply pee hard enough to knock it off, but this method works 95% of the time. I've been peed on maybe two or three times at the most in his lifetime, and even then, it was minor.

Sleep has been weird. He's breast feeding, so I can't help too much at night when he's hungry unless my wife has pumped and bottled for me. We're getting the hang if it slowly.

So, I made this for a vendor of mine who's been particularly great and since I'm sort of at a loss for time to produce mods for myself, this is my only new addition to "was bored", did mod" :)

http://i86.photobuck...15.jpg~original

http://i86.photobuck...67.jpg~original

http://i86.photobuck...5a.jpg~original

#547 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

I saw the post on your site and was meaning to ask there but I forgot... whats the symbol stand for?

11317.png

#548 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

"Thank you" :)

#549 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Now you gotta do one that's Metal Slug themed that's based on the prisoners you rescue. ::bouncy:

Batsugunner.png

#550 catabarez

catabarez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:36 AM

Yes, and it's something that my one partner and I are working on as far as a product offering goes. What console(s) are you thinking?

Pretty much the major legacy systems; NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast. The only ones I haven't seen converted to wireless are the Genesis and Dreamcast controllers, are those possible?
Posted Image

#551 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

Commenting so my tapatalk keeps me updated with this thread lol.

Makes me want to mod something.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#552 catabarez

catabarez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

Anything new wiggy? :P

Posted Image

#553 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

Blerg, I wish :/

Been too damned busy with the business and now baby to even think of tackling projects of my own. I really wanna finish my SP in a DMG soon though...

#554 catabarez

catabarez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Well hopefully you get a break some time soon :)

Posted Image

#555 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

I hope so too! 

At least I'm still doing fun stuff, it's just that none of it's for me :P

#556 mojo_12345

mojo_12345

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

wow wiggy just read through from first page to now. and all I can say is wow you do some amazing work and congrats on the new arrival. I have a ton of older stuff just collecting dust nes,snes,and n64 systems just laying around. ill hit you up some time about them.

game addict :joystick:

#557 i5HOTurF4CE

i5HOTurF4CE

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

wow wiggy just read through from first page to now. and all I can say is wow you do some amazing work and congrats on the new arrival.

This!^^

Amazing mods for OG consoles!

#558 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

Wireless Nintendo 64 controllers: http://www.joystiq.c...-just-smashing/

#559 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

wow wiggy just read through from first page to now. and all I can say is wow you do some amazing work and congrats on the new arrival. I have a ton of older stuff just collecting dust nes,snes,and n64 systems just laying around. ill hit you up some time about them.

Thanks!

wow wiggy just read through from first page to now. and all I can say is wow you do some amazing work and congrats on the new arrival.

This!^^

Amazing mods for OG consoles!

I love the old school :)

Wireless Nintendo 64 controllers: http://www.joystiq.c...-just-smashing/

Hmm, pretty cool!  The bottom of the center stick is oddly flat.  Wonder how it feel in the hand.

Picked up a Gyromite fami adapter a few weeks back, was bummed that it doesn't come in a nice shell.  I already have another business related project going on with a replacement NES cart shell, so I whipped this up ;)

null_zpsb53105ea.jpg

#560 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

Wanna hear me talk about dorky stuff for 52 minutes?

http://www.secondopi...s.com/post/2055

#561 mojo_12345

mojo_12345

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

sent you a pm

game addict :joystick:

#562 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

I think your new business venture is Earthbound Zero repros.

Good plan.

I just visited your site, looking forward to premodded Nomads.

Congrats on the baby.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#563 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Ding ding ding! You are correct :) I'll be posting pics on FB and my blog very shortly of the final product.

Also, thanks! I'm loving being a dad so far :D

#564 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

Can you do anything like this guy? 

https://www.facebook...5440585?fref=ts

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#565 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

Ding ding ding! You are correct :) I'll be posting pics on FB and my blog very shortly of the final product.

Also, thanks! I'm loving being a dad so far :D

Guuurrrgggh! Must have Earthbound Zero reproduction! Seriously, how do I get on the waiting list? Also, do you still have any of those GBA back-light packages? I picked up a few original GBAs off of eBay and was planning on restoring them.

#566 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

sent you a pm

Replied (finally!)

Can you do anything like this guy? 

https://www.facebook...5440585?fref=ts

I can, but it's really not my thing so much.  I try to avoid using automotive paint as much as possible just because it takes a ton of setup and cleanup.  It's really only worth it to me if I can do a bunch of parts at one time.

Guuurrrgggh! Must have Earthbound Zero reproduction! Seriously, how do I get on the waiting list? Also, do you still have any of those GBA back-light packages? I picked up a few original GBAs off of eBay and was planning on restoring them.

I don't do waiting lists just because the list would get really long really fast. I'm gonna try and crank as many of these out as I can over the next month or so.  Hopefully it'll be enough to meet demand.

I do indeed!

http://rosecoloredga...r-products.html

#567 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

I didn't mean the automotive paint part so much. More the designing. I don't care about the painting.

Just some of the things done were super cool. Like the controllers and what not.

518793.png

#568 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

I've actually got a resource for overlays like the NES and SNES controllers have.  Just haven't had the time to whip up vector template to get prototypes made :(

#569 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

:) Can't wait for that.

Also since I just thought of this have you ever thought of using a 3-d printer to do custom shells or something of that nature.

518793.png

#570 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

The last time I inquired about these items, I wasn't in a situation where I could be spending money on a luxury mod like this. I also only had a single original GBA, the first GBA that I ever acquired, the day that the system first launched. I have taken very good care of it, and its in pristine condition. I honestly didn't feel like modding it, not even to improve it. I want to keep that first GBA spotless, with no additional changes.

But thankfully my situation has changed, and thanks to eBay I got my hands on several old, cast-out GBA systems at very reasonable prices. And these dusty, dirty, damaged GBAs are in need of an overhaul. I've put in my order for two of the GBA backlight kits. (one 32 pin and one 40 pin) I went ahead and sprung for two of those scratch-resistant glass lenses. Just couldn't pass that up.

I have new external cases on order from Hong Kong. As soon as they get here I'll crack these units apart and make them shine again. I'll post some before/after shots when I'm finished.