Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/29/12 to 2/4/12)

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#121 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

Anyone know if you can use your bb rewards dollars to buy the used game or will that screw up the promo like it seemed to for 5/100

#122 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

FYI: For those who haven't played :ps3:Crysis 2 as of yet(already had a copy I traded someone who got in on the Amazon $.01 game glitch but traded it in for $35 in credit instead at the time:evil:), that's an excellent title to grab that is currently $29.99.

As mentioned above, the @Gamer coupons for this month include a $20 off coupon for Crysis 2 pre-owned and if you already have an @Gamer/Gamer's Club Unlocked thing you get an additional 10% off of the original pre-owned price($29.99) thus making it $7 for the game. So you could effectively get the game and new membership for $3.50 each.;)

The only thing annoying about Crysis 2 is how the computer for the suit says cloaking engaged or whatever EVERY DAMN TIME you hit R2.:bomb:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#123 Mongul18

Mongul18

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

Hey, im not really farmiliar with the gamer club. How good are the monthly coupons? Do you all remember any of them to give me an idea? Ive been looking for a reason to buy MGS Or Tekken so this might just be the time depending on what you all say.

#124 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

Well, if it is get a $20 GC with each title then hopefully we will see Target and TRU going head-to-head this year. Can't wait to see what next week brings.

Edited by Killbomb, 27 January 2012 - 02:48 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#125 ChosenOne1

ChosenOne1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

Is the program worth it in the long run? I mean Gamestop's rewards program is absolutely horrendous besides the steals of the week. I mainly use Amazon, should I try the membership for Best Buy?

#126 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

does target get the collectors edition of final fantasy xiii-2

Probably but ymmv. Of course, it's also possible that it won't be out, but will miraculously appear on a clearence endcap in 6 months. Gotta love Target and their complete randomness sometimes.

#127 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:00 AM

Since I joined I've picked up about 3-6 games for between $5(Medal Of Honor) and $15(Dungeon Siege III, Ico/SOTC Collection/God Of War Origins Collection) by using the coupons from the magazines.

With the coupons in the current issue of the mag, you can get Medal Of Honor for $5(after $15 off coupon), Crysis 2 preowned for $7, Gears Of War 3 for about $10 and at least a couple of other halfway decent discounts.

So yeah, I'd say it's worth it. It's even more worth it if you can find games to trade into their program and get credit to use to buy the games after using the coupons on them.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#128 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

Would be a FANTASTIC deal if I can get SCV with a $20 coupon! Here's hoping come Tuesday...

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#129 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

BB doesn't PM gift card deals right? Or is that YMMV?

#130 Os Money

Os Money

CAGaholic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:43 AM

if you even use 1 maybe 2 of the coupons in the years worth of mags, it pays for it self easily. i glance at the rest of the mag, but the coupons is whats its all about. like some members already stated...hard to beat MOH-$5, crysis 2-$7, Gears 3-$10-15, Warhammer space marine-$10. Theres a lot more that were great buys like one for RF arma (cant think of price of of head). Plus you always get the 10% more for trades and for buying preowned.

#131 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

Good deal on the RZGC Unlocked. I've bought at least 4 games that were above $29.99 in the past, so had I not had Unlocked already this would have been great.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#132 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

Im looking to pair a good $30 game with this deal, any sugestions? I own Crysis 2 already. I am thinking Saints Row 3 but I think that has an online pass...

#133 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

BB doesn't PM gift card deals right? Or is that YMMV?

Officially they don't, but its YMMV

#134 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

Im looking to pair a good $30 game with this deal, any sugestions? I own Crysis 2 already. I am thinking Saints Row 3 but I think that has an online pass...

I have one if you do decide getting it

#135 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

I might have to pick up used copy of MGS HD collection for $34.99 to get in on this magazine deal. So I can buy this online starting on the 29th and get the deal am I right?

#136 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

FYI: For those who haven't played :ps3:Crysis 2 as of yet(already had a copy I traded someone who got in on the Amazon $.01 game glitch but traded it in for $35 in credit instead at the time:evil:), that's an excellent title to grab that is currently $29.99.

As mentioned above, the @Gamer coupons for this month include a $20 off coupon for Crysis 2 pre-owned and if you already have an @Gamer/Gamer's Club Unlocked thing you get an additional 10% off of the original pre-owned price($29.99) thus making it $7 for the game. So you could effectively get the game and new membership for $3.50 each.;)

The only thing annoying about Crysis 2 is how the computer for the suit says cloaking engaged or whatever EVERY DAMN TIME you hit R2.:bomb:

I have crysis 2 but I haven't gotten to it yet. Does it really say cooked engaged all the time ? I hope not as I plan to upgrade that the most lol
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#137 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

Well if it is indeed get a $20 gift card for buying any 1 title, I am in. Anyone able to confirm or deny? I'll need to cancel my Amazon preorder of SCV if they don't match it.

#138 Tax

Tax

The Project

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

Was planning to get SCV regardless - this just makes it sweeter.

#139 Shadow Cloud

Shadow Cloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

It is indeed any one of those title. There's an ad scan posted at slickdeals.

#140 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

man if they have the collectors edition of FFXIII-2 they can have my money; also kinda tempted on SCV but i think i can wait on that, still havent finished IV yet

#141 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Shyrim with a $20 GC, I'm sold. I haven't seen any sales on Shyrim.

#142 mikespit1

mikespit1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

How do these gc deals work? Do you get the card at checkout or do they mail them to you at a later date?

#143 mugoldeneagle03

mugoldeneagle03

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Is the program worth it in the long run? I mean Gamestop's rewards program is absolutely horrendous besides the steals of the week. I mainly use Amazon, should I try the membership for Best Buy?

Hi there,

I work at Best Buy, and I'm not at all one of the guys that would pitch you shit you wouldn't need. With that said, this deal is by far one of the best we've run in the 2+ years I've been working here, aside from a few $100 Gift Cards with consoles that we rarely run.

You get 10% off used games that you buy, but more importantly you get a 10% bonus on trading in used games that IS stackable with other promotions. So you could up to a 60% bonus with the usual Pre Order deal we run.

On top of that you should still get a 1 year subscription to the Gamer Magazine, which even if you don't care for you get a full page of coupons that are sometimes pretty damn good. Lots of Buy 2 get 1, 50% off used games, plus regular coupons for most of the new release games.

So yeah, if your on the fence about it I'd highly recommend it if you regular buy PO or trade in games. If not, then it's 50/50.

Definitely a good deal though for a years worth of coupons alone

#144 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

I have crysis 2 but I haven't gotten to it yet. Does it really say cooked engaged all the time ? I hope not as I plan to upgrade that the most lol

Yes. Going through the game atm and it's pretty annoying.

I'm also thinking about getting a $29.99 and up game to join the Unlocked program but from what I've remembered from the past Best Buy visits (mostly because of the blu ray upgrade and save program), the selection has been pretty crappy.

#145 monstericreated

monstericreated

merkin' snitches

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

We miss and appreciate everything you did for the community, Josh! Not the same without you.
Posted Image

Grateful for female avatar codes to beef up my wardrobe! :bouncy:

#146 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

How do these gc deals work? Do you get the card at checkout or do they mail them to you at a later date?

Last time I did one of these deals, they gave me the gift card immediately. I doubt it's changed.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#147 TheNight

TheNight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

With this deal I'm really tempted to get both FFXIII-2 and SoulCalibur V. Was going to wait on SCV, but with this deal, seems worth it.

#148 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

This is exactly the sort of deal I was hoping for, I got a $25 GC for Target for Christmas, I can use it on 13-2 and get another $20 GC back
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#149 illmatic21

illmatic21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Would Best Buy PM Target's deal where you get a $20 gift card when you buy Final Fantasy XIII-2? Or is that a no go because it involves a gift card?

I'd definitely trade in a few games to get Final Fantasy XIII-2 and then price match to get the gift card if it's possible.

#150 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

They don't PM GCs.