Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/29/12 to 2/4/12)

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#151 squiggles2187

squiggles2187

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

Interestnig. Maybe I'll have to grab another copy of the @Gamer mag from this month and see if the $20 off Crysis 2($29.99 used;)) coupon may stack with the free Gamer's Club Unlocked thing.

If it does, then KA-CHING cuz I'll get another Unlocked welcome packet with a B2G1 coupon for about $7 n tax out of pocket.

Are you really that cheap?
They are giving you a free magazien that has in my opinion AMAZING coupons. And you are trying to stack it with another coupon?
Of cpurse it will not work.

#152 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

does target get the collectors edition of final fantasy xiii-2

My store did not get any and there wasn't a tag setup for one, so I don't think so.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#153 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

I have crysis 2 but I haven't gotten to it yet. Does it really say cooked engaged all the time ? I hope not as I plan to upgrade that the most lol

Yeah. Unfortunately the suit says 'cloak engaged'(in a Dr. Claw kinda voice) EVERY TIME you tap R2 to engage it. It also says something like max armor when pressing L2 to engage the armor enhancement too.

I've actually taken to mimicking the voice every other time just to make myself chuckle since it's so fuckin' annoying.

Are you really that cheap?
They are giving you a free magazien that has in my opinion AMAZING coupons. And you are trying to stack it with another coupon?
Of cpurse it will not work.

There's no harm in trying. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say. Besides which, I already have the Gamer's Club Unlocked, but having an extra year or at least 6-8 months worth of the magazine would be an insane deal on top of getting another copy of Crysis 2. I gotta use up my $13.78 credit that's on my credit card somehow, so I might as well get some RZ points while doing it and get a game and mag subscription out of it to boot.;)

Besides which, they'll probably prorate the $29.99 game to $14.99 so that if you decided to try returning the game you only get half of the value of it back. So you'll likely STILL be paying for the subscription either way.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#154 rudy_87

rudy_87

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

i just bought mgs hd for 39.99 about three days ago does best buy give back the difference?

#155 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

Damnit, thought these deals were this week. Splatterhouse rang up for $20.

#156 mugoldeneagle03

mugoldeneagle03

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:01 AM

i just bought mgs hd for 39.99 about three days ago does best buy give back the difference?

We price match anything within 30 days

#157 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:17 AM

Hmmm...checked my receipt, and all it says is "Award Card 480" as the promotion and an extra receipt printed about it that says,

"Thank you for your purchase. The instant Kmart Award Card you received for purchasing the above items is a conditional offer. The gift / savings is applied and pro-rated across all qualifying items for the offer, including qualifying items purchased in addition to the minimum requirements or limits of the promotion and will be deducted from any refund."

If they're deducting this from any future refund, then I'd assume that it does not expire then? All info on the internet says they expire on 1/28 though. Wish I had the ad to see clearer details of the promotion. Maybe I could just buy a larger gift card with the several Award cards I have, and then ensure they don't expire. Anyone know if this would work? There's nothing I want to buy at the moment.

Are you sure they didn't just use it on your purchase? That happened to me a couple of times.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#158 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:27 AM

Would Best Buy PM Target's deal where you get a $20 gift card when you buy Final Fantasy XIII-2? Or is that a no go because it involves a gift card?

I'd definitely trade in a few games to get Final Fantasy XIII-2 and then price match to get the gift card if it's possible.

YMMV. I have read that some stores will either give you a GC or reduce it from the price, but of course not all stores. Some may run differently but PM GC is not part of their policy. So no unless you ask the store.

#159 tomwaits1

tomwaits1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:50 AM

Any info on BB's TV sales for next week? I'm looking for something 32"-40" and hoping for some decent sales next week just before the Super Bowl...

#160 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

So I went to kmart this morning to try to get rid of my last two $15 gaming coupons, I forget what i got them for but they expire 02/04/12, And was told that the "gaming coupon system is down." I tried to buy a wii points card and a 1600 xboxlive points card, in two separate transactions of course.
Was there an error because i tried to buy the cards and NOT an actual game?
The customer service rep told me that it should be valid just that their coupon system was down and that i should try a dif kmart, just wanted to double check here

#161 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

So I went to kmart this morning to try to get rid of my last two $15 gaming coupons, I forget what i got them for but they expire 02/04/12, And was told that the "gaming coupon system is down." I tried to buy a wii points card and a 1600 xboxlive points card, in two separate transactions of course.
Was there an error because i tried to buy the cards and NOT an actual game?
The customer service rep told me that it should be valid just that their coupon system was down and that i should try a dif kmart, just wanted to double check here

It should work on point cards as long as the coupon is not worth more then the value of the points cards (i.e. you can buy a $20 PSN card with a $20 coupon but not a $19.99 1600pts Xbox live Card).

I bought over a $100 in PSN cards when I cashed out my Kmart coupons earlier in the month and had no problem

#162 neworleans7

neworleans7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:09 AM

Might just go ahead and get the 3D display on Sunday. I wanna check it out since I never bought a 3DTV yet.

#163 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

It should work on point cards as long as the coupon is not worth more then the value of the points cards (i.e. you can buy a $20 PSN card with a $20 coupon but not a $19.99 1600pts Xbox live Card).

I bought over a $100 in PSN cards when I cashed out my Kmart coupons earlier in the month and had no problem

Thanks for the very quick reply, yeah they told me to just try later or go to a different kmart, the next closest is about a half hour drive!! Also that if i came on the expiration date and their coupon system was down they would write a note on the card that they would accept it after the expiration date, either way is fine, the expiration date was annoying to me because of RE: revelations, rhythm heaven wii and tales of the abyss 3ds all be released within 10 days after 02/04

#164 Luuc

Luuc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

My Target sells pre-order cards... put $1 down and receive a $5 gift card when you pick up the game... wonder if that works with the $20 gift card also. I'm gonna check for the pre-order cards tomorrow, if they're still there it won't hurt to grab one and find out on Tuesday...

#165 SOLDIER

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:26 AM

So does the 40% trade-in offer apply toward the purchase of SCV or FFXIII-2, or it's only when you buy either game?

#166 M00seKnuckle

M00seKnuckle

really cheap, like dirt cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

Might just go ahead and get the 3D display on Sunday. I wanna check it out since I never bought a 3DTV yet.

I want to jump on that 3D display too but I might have to wait another month. Let us know how you like it if you do get it.

to be the best, you've got to be the best?

#167 M00seKnuckle

M00seKnuckle

really cheap, like dirt cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:35 AM

So does the 40% trade-in offer apply toward the purchase of SCV or FFXIII-2, or it's only when you buy either game?

From what I have read, it looks like the 40% trade in only counts towards SCV and FFXIII-2. I could be wrong and it would be much sweeter if it applied towards any game.

to be the best, you've got to be the best?

#168 wpress

wpress

For Your Health!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

Just checked Toys R Us website for the hundredth time this week....the Wii and 360 edition are now in stock for shipping! I just picked a copy up for 21.37 I think (default free shipping). Not sure why the PS3 version isn't in stock for shipping, but it might be a good idea to jump on the chance to get it online for so cheap before they get bought up!

#169 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

I don't see why that situation would even need a note, unless it specifies a limit on gift cards per customer

At this point I try not to assume(you've been a CAG long Enuf & I'm sure you've seen people ask/comment the same way about the exact same deal from deal thread to deal thread).

How long will it be before a person asks?
If I buy the game, get the $20 GC then buy the same game but use the $20 GC on it will I be able to return the 1st game for $60 & keep the 2nd $20 GC. You know it's gonna happen.

#170 fyrflash1969

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

I wish they would make a FFXII-2..

#171 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

I don't care about the gift cards for these games as these games will drop in price/go on sale quickly like all other 3'rd party titles do. There are only certin titles ill buy at full msrp (and that's if a good deal is with it at launch).
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#172 ddeeaallzz

ddeeaallzz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

Are you sure they didn't just use it on your purchase? That happened to me a couple of times.

That happened to me before as well, but no, they did issue these mystery $5 award cards. Thanks for your responses though. I solved the problem by just buying a Kmart gift card in store with the combined award cards.

Maybe my worries were for no reason though. The manager stated it was illegal for those award cards to expire like they said, and that those expiration dates were only on there to get you to come back sooner. lol Maybe she was right, but knowing how misinformed employees are in the chain, I wasn't taking any chances.

#173 djsmf435

djsmf435

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

My Target sells pre-order cards... put $1 down and receive a $5 gift card when you pick up the game... wonder if that works with the $20 gift card also. I'm gonna check for the pre-order cards tomorrow, if they're still there it won't hurt to grab one and find out on Tuesday...

It does.

#174 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

Does the $20 GC count for the LE of SCV or is it just the standard game?

#175 Wario64

Wario64

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

At this point I try not to assume(you've been a CAG long Enuf & I'm sure you've seen people ask/comment the same way about the exact same deal from deal thread to deal thread).

How long will it be before a person asks?
If I buy the game, get the $20 GC then buy the same game but use the $20 GC on it will I be able to return the 1st game for $60 & keep the 2nd $20 GC. You know it's gonna happen.

Ah okay, I see what you're talking about. Returning stuff with gift cards deals is always sketchy, so I don't really think about that

#176 meerkatgamer

meerkatgamer

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

I'm hoping they'll have the Final Fantasy XII-2 CE I got gift card there so it'd be nice.

No loss I don't mind getting the normal one.

Currently playing
:wii: U: Soon Zelda WindWaker!
:ds::pokemon Black 2
:ps2::
:psp: vita:persona4/ muramasa
:3ds: :monster hunter 3 ultimate

#177 ripoffer

ripoffer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

The deal I've been waiting for! I was thinking of buying either FFXIII-2 or SCV, but now that I'll have a $40 for buying both and I'm using that GC towards Resident Evil Revelations! This is in store right and do I have to bring a copy of this or it's in their weekly ad?

#178 srac84

srac84

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

So is it confirmed that its a 20 dollar gift card with either one of the 3 games, or do you have to buy all 3 to get 20 dollar gift card?

Oh and as for the pre order cards for 1 dollar and you get a 5 dollar gift card, usually they stop selling those i think several days before it actually comes out, so hopefully they still have it in the store, if they do let us know :)!

#179 srac84

srac84

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

It is indeed any one of those title. There's an ad scan posted at slickdeals.

do you have a link to the scan?

#180 Luuc

Luuc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

Oh and as for the pre order cards for 1 dollar and you get a 5 dollar gift card, usually they stop selling those i think several days before it actually comes out, so hopefully they still have it in the store, if they do let us know :)!

Yeah they are supposed to come down the week before release, but that gets overlooked sometimes. The preorder cards for both games were still up in my store, and even though it says DON'T SELL AFTER 1/24/12 it rang up fine. So it's YMMV. Also I asked one of my team leads for confirmation that the gift cards would work together and she said yes. So... Score!