Reputation System

Thekrakrabbit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Considering this board is a Vbulletin board, it shouldn't be too difficult to implement a "rep" system of some sort. The only thing we have that is close to a reputation system is trade feedback, but I am thinking something along the lines of a "+1" system that rewards people who make good posts or do good things in the community.

We are leaving vbulletin for IPB in a month or so. We will use their system of allowing users to "like" individual posts.

[quote name='CheapyD']We are leaving vbulletin for IPB in a month or so. We will use their system of allowing users to "like" individual posts.[/QUOTE]

would the "likes" be cumulative? Would there be dislikes?

[quote name='confoosious']would the "likes" be cumulative? Would there be dislikes?[/QUOTE]

I think dislikes would only lead to trouble, given the immature grudges some people have around here. But that's my opinion.

I'm with Shrike. Would this like option lead to another new front page section with the threads that people "Like" the most? If so I don't see it being used for deals, but more for peoples OTT's and banter

If you like someones post you thank them for it... I always figured it was that simple. Not like people here need another way to stroke their ego.

[quote name='CheapyD']We are leaving vbulletin for IPB in a month or so. We will use their system of allowing users to "like" individual posts.[/QUOTE]

Hooray, and I am honored to have Mr. D in my thread. :cool:

As well, I agree with users saying that a dislike system would lead to trouble. A "like" option that accumulates over time ("liked 200 times in 29 posts", something like that) looks like a good thing to me.

[quote name='shrike4242']Can we please skip the reputation system so we're not one more way we look more like SD?[/QUOTE] I'm with you on this one. Not even a fan of the like system either. Just think they are a waste of time/effort. Just my opinion of course.

Throw me in to the "Dislike", "Thumbs Down", "Downvote", and "-1" to this general idea crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']would the "likes" be cumulative? Would there be dislikes?[/QUOTE]
Yes, they are cumulative. No, there won't be dislikes.

You can take a look here. Of course we don't need to call it "like", we can make it something more fun like "big ups" (Whipsmartbanky's idea).

[quote name='CheapyD']Yes, they are cumulative. No, there won't be dislikes.

You can take a look here. Of course we don't need to call it "like", we can make it something more fun like "big ups" (Whipsmartbanky's idea).[/QUOTE]

I'm down with the "likes" and "big ups", or whatever it turns out to be. :D

[quote name='CheapyD']Yes, they are cumulative. No, there won't be dislikes.

You can take a look here. Of course we don't need to call it "like", we can make it something more fun like "big ups" (Whipsmartbanky's idea).[/QUOTE]

big ups? I didn't realize Ali G was back on the air. ;)

I'm partial to +1s myself but it could be too googlish.

I like how fatwallet does the green/red system. It lets me know which deals to click on. I understand the reasons against having negative votes but really, some posts deserve the negative. But I know it would cause tons of trouble around here.

[quote name='shrike4242']can we please skip the reputation system so we're not one more way we look more like sd?[/quote]

+1

bread's done
Back