Reputation System

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

Considering this board is a Vbulletin board, it shouldn't be too difficult to implement a "rep" system of some sort. The only thing we have that is close to a reputation system is trade feedback, but I am thinking something along the lines of a "+1" system that rewards people who make good posts or do good things in the community.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#2 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

We are leaving vbulletin for IPB in a month or so. We will use their system of allowing users to "like" individual posts.

#3 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

woot! +1

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Diablo 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic

fs_overall.png

#4 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

We are leaving vbulletin for IPB in a month or so. We will use their system of allowing users to "like" individual posts.

would the "likes" be cumulative? Would there be dislikes?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#5 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

I think dislikes would only lead to trouble, given the immature grudges some people have around here. But that's my opinion.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#6 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Can we please skip the reputation system so we're not one more way we look more like SD?

#7 Sito

Sito

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm with Shrike. Would this like option lead to another new front page section with the threads that people "Like" the most? If so I don't see it being used for deals, but more for peoples OTT's and banter
I love lamp

#8 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

If you like someones post you thank them for it... I always figured it was that simple. Not like people here need another way to stroke their ego.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#9 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hooray, and I am honored to have Mr. D in my thread. 8-)

As well, I agree with users saying that a dislike system would lead to trouble. A "like" option that accumulates over time ("liked 200 times in 29 posts", something like that) looks like a good thing to me.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#10 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

Can we please skip the reputation system so we're not one more way we look more like SD?

I'm with you on this one. Not even a fan of the like system either. Just think they are a waste of time/effort. Just my opinion of course.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#11 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Throw me in to the "Dislike", "Thumbs Down", "Downvote", and "-1" to this general idea crowd.

Edited by The Crotch, 31 January 2012 - 01:44 AM.

Posted Image

#12 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

Yes, they are cumulative. No, there won't be dislikes.

You can take a look here. Of course we don't need to call it "like", we can make it something more fun like "big ups" (Whipsmartbanky's idea).

#13 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

I'm with shrike4242, I don't think a rep system would be a good idea.

#14 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

You can take a look here. Of course we don't need to call it "like", we can make it something more fun like "big ups" (Whipsmartbanky's idea).

I'm down with the "likes" and "big ups", or whatever it turns out to be. :D

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#15 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:51 AM

big ups? I didn't realize Ali G was back on the air. ;)

I'm partial to +1s myself but it could be too googlish.

I like how fatwallet does the green/red system. It lets me know which deals to click on. I understand the reasons against having negative votes but really, some posts deserve the negative. But I know it would cause tons of trouble around here.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#16 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

can we please skip the reputation system so we're not one more way we look more like sd?

+1