Gamestop B&M Gameboy Advance Games 75% off YMMV?

pksellers

CAGiversary!
Hi there everyone. Walked into my local Gamestop for the first time in a few weeks today and was told that all remaining Gameboy Advance games were 50% off plus the power up discount. Picked up quite a few, discount rang up automatically so hoping it's chain wide, not sure if this is a limited time thing or not. Most Gamestops around here don't carry many if any GBA games, so probably YMMV. Also, my apologies if posted already, searched but didn't see it. Happy hunting!

Edit: Others are reporting that the discount is now up to 75% off, have not confirmed myself.

Prices after discount and card:

Summon Night 2 - 3.59
Crash Bandicoot 2 - 4.49
Advance Wars - 2.69
Nightmare B4 Christmas - 3.14
Mario Party - 4.49
Mario & Luigi - 8.99
Super Robot Taisen - 3.59
Megaman battle network 3 white - 2.24
Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue - 1.34
DBZ Taiketsu - 2.24
Gundam Seed - 2.24
CIMA The Enemy - 1.34
Dokapon - 2.24
F-Zero Gp Legend - 2.24
ChuChu Rocket - 1.79
Metroid Fusion - 5.84
Digimon racing - 2.24
Yggdra Union - 4.49
DBZ Buu's Fury - 4.49
Zoids Legacy - 1.79
Dr Mario/Puzz Lg - 5.84
Zelda I NES - 6.74
Power Rangers 2 pack - 4.49

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt any GS around here even carries GBA games anymore but I'll take a look while I'm in there picking up some things tomorrow.

Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2 is a wonderful GBA game. Imagine an RPG mixed with a light fighting game (well, more like a light version of the Tales series' fighting) and there you go. You can earn materials to forge new weapons and weapon types and switch weapons in-battle, too. The first SNSS was a little mediocre but the second one the OP bought was a gigantic improvement. I also picked up the third (Japan-only) and despite the lack of English I managed to beat it, too. Well worth tracking down.

Thanks for the heads up. I have 3 GS around me and they all have a pretty good selection. I'll have to make some calls tomorrow. =)

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']i suspect some of them to be bootlegs that people bought from ebay and then sold to gamestop[/QUOTE]

Do the bootlegs work like the real games?

Well, was thinking about getting the Pokemon games, but there aren't any copies within a 100 mile radius. So I guess I won't be paying $15-20 a game, saves me the trouble. Still wish there was a way to trade GB/GBC Pokemon to GBA, then GBA Pokemon to DS.

Also, seems like most of the GBA games have been shipped to other stores besides the ones within a 100 mile radius of me, unless this sale started a long time ago.

I'm 3 for 3 on getting bootleg GBA games when buying loose GBA games from Gamestop, with two of those being Tactics Ogre :(

Vap, I think the main thing with bootlegs is that you can't save; IIRC usually they'll have no battery in them to cut down on costs on their end. All 3 of my bootlegs couldn't save, and two of them had Nintendo misspelled on the back.

Made out like a bandit on the GBC sale a few years ago. Hoping to find something decent this time. Thanks i'll check it out.

Weren't GBA games 75% off just a few months ago? There's like nothing left anywhere around me... not even common fodder.

[quote name='Vinny']Weren't GBA games 75% off just a few months ago? There's like nothing left anywhere around me... not even common fodder.[/QUOTE]

I think the most recent GBA sale at GS was B2G2 free.

GBA games are now 75% off at GameStop (+10% PUR) again. Picked up Summon Night 2, Fire Emblem, several Super Robot Taisen 1 and 2 carts, Demi Kids Dark and a bunch of others for anywhere from $.50 to about $3.00.

It's company wide but two of the three stores I checked didn't have any signs up and the employees didn't know about it.

[quote name='sevenfold']GBA games are now 75% off at GameStop (+10% PUR) again. Picked up Summon Night 2, Fire Emblem, several Super Robot Taisen 1 and 2 carts, Demi Kids Dark and a bunch of others for anywhere from $.50 to about $3.00.

It's company wide but two of the three stores I checked didn't have any signs up and the employees didn't know about it.[/QUOTE]

D: Every GS I've been to hasn't had any GBA games since the B2G2 deal last year. I know they shipped them to other stores. This company seriously infuriates me.

[quote name='sevenfold']GBA games are now 75% off at GameStop (+10% PUR) again. Picked up Summon Night 2, Fire Emblem, several Super Robot Taisen 1 and 2 carts, Demi Kids Dark and a bunch of others for anywhere from $.50 to about $3.00.
It's company wide but two of the three stores I checked didn't have any signs up and the employees didn't know about it.[/QUOTE]

I am going to have to start checking around. I pulled in probably close to 40 games during the last Gameboy clearance. Need to build some credit.

Is the PUR discount coming off the clearance price or the original price?

75% off ? Hmmmm the gamestops around my area have a crap load of gba games ! This sale has the potential to make some gs to amazon flips. The fact that the pokemon games have risen in value at amazon makes this even better for me :)

75% off is def. in effect. Although the 10% off from the PUR card is AFTER the 75%, so its not really 85%. O well, cant complain at these prices. I grabbed-

Polarium $1.13
Klonoa 2 $1.13
Wario land 4 $1.13
SM advance 4 $4.50
Bible game $.90
Rebelstar $.90
Flintstones bedrock $1.13
Sonic battle $2.93
Gradius galaxies $.45
Summon night 2 (got 2) $1.80
Harvest moon 1 $2.25
Harvest moon 2 $2.25
CIMA $.67
Egg mania $.67
Riviera $1.35
Super ghouls and ghosts $1.13
Broken sword $.45
Breath of fire $1.57

After i hit that store, i went to another one, but unfortunately i see my nemesis walking out. Ugh.... So if your reading this RICH, i already hit the other stores...so dont bother, LOL. This guy is really a shady scumbag, see him at the flea markets.... no one likes him. LMAO.

Im so dissapointed in my gamestop's gba selection (must have been wiped out with that last sale they had). I was going to my gamestop to get two copys of pokenon emerald to flip to amazon for 17.50 each ! However that's not happening as their copys of the game are gone :( the other pokemon gba games get you almost 10$ each at amazon if you can find them.

My store had a bunch of MegaMan Battle Networks... nothing else worth picking, but I found Super Robot Taisen OG (1) for $2.50 and I wanted to try one since they seem to make so many of these in Japan.

I lol'd when the clerk gave me the powerup rewards talk for a $2.50 gba game.

re: website

With so much counterfeits, the last thing I'm risking is ordering online.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Hey guys, the discount works on the website too.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm missing something but I did a search of in-stock games and only got 5 results so....

Lucky. My Gamestops stop selling GBA games over a year ago. They had a sale like this, but by the time I found out all the good stuff was gone.

There's a single GS that I can access with a copy of Pokemon Emerald, so hopefully I can snag that and get it in to Amazon (though will it be $8.99 after PUR and before tax going by the website's $39.99 price tag? $9 -> $15 isn't that much of a profit).

Are there any underrated GBA games that one should look out for to take advantage of this "sale"?

[quote name='Vigilante']There's a single GS that I can access with a copy of Pokemon Emerald, so hopefully I can snag that and get it in to Amazon (though will it be $8.99 after PUR and before tax going by the website's $39.99 price tag? $9 -> $15 isn't that much of a profit).

Are there any underrated GBA games that one should look out for to take advantage of this "sale"?[/QUOTE]

There is no fucking way that emerald is 39.99 ! If that's the case then the profit margin is much smaller than I was hoping for lol.

[quote name='strait edge follower']There is no fucking way that emerald is 39.99 ! If that's the case then the profit margin is much smaller than I was hoping for lol.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm hoping it turns out to be $5 or less when I pick it up; that price is just bonkers for such an old title. :lol:

Might need to look into this,I have a gamestop here that is out the way so maybe they have some good stuff left if at all.

Any word on if it works on systems? Wouldn't mind picking up another GBA for cheap! Also, how do you tell the legit games from bootlegs? I won't be able to get my GBA for a few months to test the games out, but don't want to deal with bootlegs

[quote name='chiwii']If you can find Ninja Five-0 , that would be a good one to pick up.[/QUOTE]

I picked that up from one of my GS's last year. I was very happy to get it! Think it was like $4-$5.

[quote name='lude21']I picked that up from one of my GS's last year. I was very happy to get it! Think it was like $4-$5.[/QUOTE]

There is literally no gamestop with 500 miles, and yes I actually did check that far by putting different addresses, that has that game. I need it... :'(

Pokemon Emerald is $40 used. Yay for GS, right? So it'll be about $9.20 for most people, if not more after tax. Also, I have never traded anything in besides console games to Amazon. But don't they need to be complete? Or does that rule not apply to GBA games?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Pokemon Emerald is $40 used. Yay for GS, right? So it'll be about $9.20 for most people, if not more after tax. Also, I have never traded anything in besides console games to Amazon. But don't they need to be complete? Or does that rule not apply to GBA games?[/QUOTE]

So it is 40 ? Lol gamestop that is beyond lame ! As for your question it doesnt need to be complete and you can just send the cartridge in. I've gotten full credit back for snes and gameboy games that I sent in incomplete

[quote name='lude21']I picked that up from one of my GS's last year. I was very happy to get it! Think it was like $4-$5.[/QUOTE]

Did you play it? Is it as good as everyone says?

[quote name='Wrong']Any idea if this works on accessories as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it should. The sign at the store says 75% off gba games and accessories. I didn't see anything about systems, so I don't know about those.

Wow, I might have to pick up a few more GBA games!

I got just about everything I wanted during the B2G2 sales last year (close to 50 GBA games), but there are still a handful I wouldn't mind picking up on the cheap.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Well, it looks like I don't have to worry about Pokemon Emerald's price now--the GS that was supposed to have it can't find it. :(

[quote name='chiwii']Did you play it? Is it as good as everyone says?

Yes, it should. The sign at the store says 75% off gba games and accessories. I didn't see anything about systems, so I don't know about those.[/QUOTE]

LOL, nope...went straight to the collection...Got too many games.

Picked up a bunch of GBA games for my brother who just got a GB Micro...and while I was digging in the box the guy working went to the back and grabbed 2 regular game boy games and asked if I wanted them for free....

Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Red. :)

Also, does anyone know if this includes systems as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back