Final Fantasy XIII-2 with $20 credit from Amazon + mini guide

Customers who ordered the standard edition of Final Fantasy XIII-2 through 1/30/12, and received a $10 promotional credit, will be sent an additional $10 credit to bring their total credit up to the $20 level currently offered for new orders.

-Amazon.com Video Game Editors
So don't need to worry for those that pre-ordered.

just a digital mini guide, i was hoping a preorder bonus. oh wellz. ill wait til 20 hopefully. i havnt even started ff13. good deal for those that want in on it release day tho, thnx

I'm still suckered in by the CE...so Amazon is out of Omega DLC now? wonder if they'll sell the DLC later...

[quote name='Haseo713']No love for the collector's edition at all. Not even $10............[/QUOTE]

I just got the mini guide by email for ordering the Collector's Edition. No $10-20 credit though.

[quote name='Sizu']I just got the mini guide by email for ordering the Collector's Edition. No $10-20 credit though.[/QUOTE]

I just got my email for the mini guide. Oh well, at least I'm getting $10 for SCV.

What the hell, they upgraded the credit from $10 to $20? I already got my $10 credit in the mail and my game didn't even ship yet. Anyway I can get it matched?

[quote name='Haseo713']No love for the collector's edition at all. Not even $10............[/QUOTE]

normal for amazon

[quote name='GBAstar']Why do you say that?[/QUOTE]

It only has some CDs and nicer packaging for $40 more (assuming Amazon credit as a discount) than the regular edition. That's hard to justify.

Never got an amazon promo credit before, does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the credit and will it just automatically attach to your account?

[quote name='nightmarishhero']Never got an amazon promo credit before, does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the credit and will it just automatically attach to your account?[/QUOTE]

A day or two at most. I usually get it the same day the product ships.

Considering I got Gears 3 with $20 back on day one and barely play it, I can't NOT get this now. Also, I really, really liked XIII..... Really.

just some copypasta for you guys, when i bought the 360 version about an hour ago, i got an email from amazon

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.
Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

pasted from my email, hopefully this means ill get both the 30 in promo credit altogether

I've had this pre-ordered for a while. Two emails from Amazon received last night:
1. Your Amazon.com Promotional Code ($10 credit)
2. Your Bonus for Ordering "Final Fantasy XIII-2" at Amazon.com (Omega Boss Battle + another $10 credit)

[quote name='nightmarishhero']just some copypasta for you guys, when i bought the 360 version about an hour ago, i got an email from amazon

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.
Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

pasted from my email, hopefully this means ill get both the 30 in promo credit altogether[/QUOTE]

I noticed the same thing when I submitted my order for a 360 copy a couple of hours ago too. I thought maybe it glitched since I orignally had it preordered from them but I cancelled on Sunday when I saw the Target ad.

This makes no sense to me, why the hell is Amazon waiting until release day to put credits on these games? Don't they want people to preorder games from them instead of other retailers?

I'd totally pick up the collector's edition if it came with the steelbook, unfortunately companies hate the US when it comes to steelbooks. Now I'm being forced to overpay for one on eBay.

I preordered the game and I only got 1 email giving my my original $10, the Omega Boss, and the Mini Guide. The $10 credit I got is a code to put in when I order something, not automatically added to my account like they normally do. Hopefully the other $10 gets emailed to me soon.

Pretty good deal -- If I didn't have BB Credit I had put onto a pre-order already I'd jump on this. Oh well.

At least I'm getting some...Hardcover...book...thing..?

[quote name='plutoknight']Pretty good deal -- If I didn't have BB Credit I had put onto a pre-order already I'd jump on this. Oh well.

At least I'm getting some...Hardcover...book...thing..?[/QUOTE]

You can always price match Target's ad, which will get you $20 for the game too. You just wouldn't get the boss or the mini guide.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']It only has some CDs and nicer packaging for $40 more (assuming Amazon credit as a discount) than the regular edition. That's hard to justify.[/QUOTE]

You do know that Square charges $35 for the soundtrack, right?

[quote name='TraBuch']Which is ridiculous. I'll never understand why game soundtracks cost so fucking much.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to buying music from Japan. If you ever import anything, you can pay a lot more than that. That's why many retailers at cons don't import stuff anymore - it is just too damn expensive.

[quote name='morrodox']Looks like they pretty much closed the technical gap between PS3 and 360 that XIII had. I'll still be getting it for PS3, since that's what I got XIII on. Just in case there are some bonuses for having a completed XIII save when you start.[/QUOTE]

From what I heard you get a lightning theme.

Gah... I kinda wanted to grab this from Target to play it tonight, but I have the Amazon credit card, so I can't not get it from them. I just wish they would have done this before they evidently ran out of the Omega DLC.

Ahh I bit even though it was probably a bad idea given my final impressions that FF13 left me with. Figured I would get Revelations for 20 bucks with this credit next week.

Given I really will enjoy the battle system and soundtracks once again. Hopefully the rest of the game feels like an improvement.

I got the e-mail for the Omega DLC, mini guide, and $10 promotional credit but I didn't get the e-mail for the original promotional credit... I'll give them another day and then I'll contact them about it I guess. They already screwed me over on my order of the game + guide though. Was supposed to get the 5% off for buying them together and the discount was there and then they removed it when they shipped the game and charged me full price. Amazon is starting to piss me off lately seeing as I have to go through hoops to get the promised stuff they offer.

I thought I got away with something lol. I got one email with the 3 items and another $10 promo via another email.

[quote name='TraBuch']Which is ridiculous. I'll never understand why game soundtracks cost so fucking much.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered a normal CD from Japan. It costed me $45.

This is a little annoying. I checked up to yesterday to see it they would do a $15-$20 promo on top of the Weapon DLC, so I didn't order. Now I wish I had.

Originally, I was going to get the collectors edition, then I remembered that the chocobo song was on it. So I said no.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']I got the e-mail for the Omega DLC, mini guide, and $10 promotional credit but I didn't get the e-mail for the original promotional credit... I'll give them another day and then I'll contact them about it I guess. They already screwed me over on my order of the game + guide though. Was supposed to get the 5% off for buying them together and the discount was there and then they removed it when they shipped the game and charged me full price. Amazon is starting to piss me off lately seeing as I have to go through hoops to get the promised stuff they offer.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. They took off the 5% after it shipped. I explained it to a CSR and he told me that because they were added as 2 separate orders (even though I ordered them both at the same time, in the same cart), they retracted the discount. I provided him with a copy of my original invoice (sent in an email) and he gave me the 5% as $3 of promotional credit (which is fine because I used a Giftcard to pay for it).

Also, I didn't get the extra $10, but another CSR put it on my account. I wonder if I'll still get another $10 from another email.

[quote name='Link2999']Same thing happened to me. They took off the 5% after it shipped. I explained it to a CSR and he told me that because they were added as 2 separate orders (even though I ordered them both at the same time, in the same cart), they retracted the discount. I provided him with a copy of my original invoice (sent in an email) and he gave me the 5% as $3 of promotional credit (which is fine because I used a Giftcard to pay for it).

Also, I didn't get the extra $10, but another CSR put it on my account. I wonder if I'll still get another $10 from another email.[/QUOTE]

Luckily they gave me a $5 promotional credit instead of the $3 I would have saved. As for the missing $10 promotional they said I should get the e-mail sometime this week and wouldn't apply it. Sucks, I really want to order my PS Vita memory card but I'm going to wait until I get all of these credits.

bread's done
Back