Final Fantasy XIII-2 with $20 credit from Amazon + mini guide

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#31 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

Pretty good deal -- If I didn't have BB Credit I had put onto a pre-order already I'd jump on this. Oh well.

At least I'm getting some...Hardcover...book...thing..?

#32 ccm0628

ccm0628

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

Pretty good deal -- If I didn't have BB Credit I had put onto a pre-order already I'd jump on this. Oh well.

At least I'm getting some...Hardcover...book...thing..?

You can always price match Target's ad, which will get you $20 for the game too. You just wouldn't get the boss or the mini guide.

#33 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

It only has some CDs and nicer packaging for $40 more (assuming Amazon credit as a discount) than the regular edition. That's hard to justify.

You do know that Square charges $35 for the soundtrack, right?
Posted Image

#34 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

http://www.eurogamer...2-demo-analysis

That article should give you a good idea which version is better even though its done with the demo.

Looks like they pretty much closed the technical gap between PS3 and 360 that XIII had. I'll still be getting it for PS3, since that's what I got XIII on. Just in case there are some bonuses for having a completed XIII save when you start.

#35 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

Which is ridiculous. I'll never understand why game soundtracks cost so fucking much.

#36 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

The mini guide is an 18 page PDF that is 36 pages from the Piggyback guides, looks very pretty.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#37 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Which is ridiculous. I'll never understand why game soundtracks cost so fucking much.

Welcome to buying music from Japan. If you ever import anything, you can pay a lot more than that. That's why many retailers at cons don't import stuff anymore - it is just too damn expensive.
Posted Image

#38 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

Looks like they pretty much closed the technical gap between PS3 and 360 that XIII had. I'll still be getting it for PS3, since that's what I got XIII on. Just in case there are some bonuses for having a completed XIII save when you start.

From what I heard you get a lightning theme.

#39 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

Gah... I kinda wanted to grab this from Target to play it tonight, but I have the Amazon credit card, so I can't not get it from them. I just wish they would have done this before they evidently ran out of the Omega DLC.
FadeToOne.png

#40 Phenomic

Phenomic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

Ahh I bit even though it was probably a bad idea given my final impressions that FF13 left me with. Figured I would get Revelations for 20 bucks with this credit next week.

Given I really will enjoy the battle system and soundtracks once again. Hopefully the rest of the game feels like an improvement.

#41 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

I got the e-mail for the Omega DLC, mini guide, and $10 promotional credit but I didn't get the e-mail for the original promotional credit... I'll give them another day and then I'll contact them about it I guess. They already screwed me over on my order of the game + guide though. Was supposed to get the 5% off for buying them together and the discount was there and then they removed it when they shipped the game and charged me full price. Amazon is starting to piss me off lately seeing as I have to go through hoops to get the promised stuff they offer.

#42 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Tempting but must finish 13 first. At my pace, I'll grab this as a greatest hits!

#43 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'll wait for this to go on clearance
Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

I thought I got away with something lol. I got one email with the 3 items and another $10 promo via another email.
Spoiler

#45 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

I just ordered a normal CD from Japan. It costed me $45.

This is a little annoying. I checked up to yesterday to see it they would do a $15-$20 promo on top of the Weapon DLC, so I didn't order. Now I wish I had.

Originally, I was going to get the collectors edition, then I remembered that the chocobo song was on it. So I said no.

#46 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

Awesome didn't even have to contact amazon for the extra credit.
Posted Image

#47 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

I got the e-mail for the Omega DLC, mini guide, and $10 promotional credit but I didn't get the e-mail for the original promotional credit... I'll give them another day and then I'll contact them about it I guess. They already screwed me over on my order of the game + guide though. Was supposed to get the 5% off for buying them together and the discount was there and then they removed it when they shipped the game and charged me full price. Amazon is starting to piss me off lately seeing as I have to go through hoops to get the promised stuff they offer.

Same thing happened to me. They took off the 5% after it shipped. I explained it to a CSR and he told me that because they were added as 2 separate orders (even though I ordered them both at the same time, in the same cart), they retracted the discount. I provided him with a copy of my original invoice (sent in an email) and he gave me the 5% as $3 of promotional credit (which is fine because I used a Giftcard to pay for it).

Also, I didn't get the extra $10, but another CSR put it on my account. I wonder if I'll still get another $10 from another email.

#48 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

Same thing happened to me. They took off the 5% after it shipped. I explained it to a CSR and he told me that because they were added as 2 separate orders (even though I ordered them both at the same time, in the same cart), they retracted the discount. I provided him with a copy of my original invoice (sent in an email) and he gave me the 5% as $3 of promotional credit (which is fine because I used a Giftcard to pay for it).

Also, I didn't get the extra $10, but another CSR put it on my account. I wonder if I'll still get another $10 from another email.

Luckily they gave me a $5 promotional credit instead of the $3 I would have saved. As for the missing $10 promotional they said I should get the e-mail sometime this week and wouldn't apply it. Sucks, I really want to order my PS Vita memory card but I'm going to wait until I get all of these credits.

#49 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

So don't need to worry for those that pre-ordered.

Whoops, I guess I should have read that before I fired off that e-mail about not getting the other $10... haha.

Posted Image

#50 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Wow! this is a good deal... but ill have to wait for the price drop for this.
I'll just buy the collectors edition guide today. hehe!

#51 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Must .... resist .... promo .... credit ... aargh

#52 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

I preordered the CE and haven't received the Omega DLC yet. Am I the only one that didn't get it yet? I know it says 2 days after it ships but I'm being impatient.

#53 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

Anyone buy the CE today? What are your thoughts on it? Worth it?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#54 OtakuFerret

OtakuFerret

Salty Scrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

No more Omega DLC? I guess I'll just stick with my CE from Best Buy. I would have double-dipped for the credit AND Omega DLC and just flipped the copy after the promo ceased. Oh well!
Posted Image

#55 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

best buy if you preordered it comes with a limited edition artbook spanning both 13 and 13-2. it says extremely limited so heres to see if i get it in my preorder.

#56 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

I decided to take a stab at inquiring about the Omega DLC for my order placed this morning just to see what random, asinine response I get.
FadeToOne.png

#57 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

FFXIII-2 Collector's Edition... worst buy of 2012? :(

It at least deserves a chance to not be the worst

#58 JVorhees#1

JVorhees#1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

I preordered the CE and haven't received the Omega DLC yet. Am I the only one that didn't get it yet? I know it says 2 days after it ships but I'm being impatient.

I haven't received the code yet either.

#59 Lt Dan

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

well I regret getting the collectors edition now...

Cut to the chase:

Do you regret purchasing it PERIOD? I wast satisfied with the first, will the second redeem it?
Currently Playing -
:pc: Marvel Avengers Alliance
:360: Halo 4/Assassins Creed 3/Skylanders Giants/ZOE HD
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2
:psp: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
:ds: Pokemon White 2
Vita: AC3 Liberation

#60 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

I canceled my preorder last night and they still sent me an email with the Omega DLC Voucher. I feel special lol.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif